2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.9

Based on 1320 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

One of my best cars

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I have owned nearly 20 vehicles in my life and the Chevy Cobalt has been my most reliable vehicle. I've had the car for almost four years now and am closing on 80,000 miles. The only maintenance that it has received is scheduled and oil changes. I put new tires on it at 65,000 miles. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to someone that likes reliability and good gas mileage."

Surprisingly Decent

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I bought a base 06 in Dec 05, strictly for my better half to travel in (91K miles in little under 2 years). For $12K, I got FM w/ CD, AC, pwr steering, spoiler in a yellow 2 dr coupe. He has a new car now, so I took the cobalt for my daily driver. Had 1 recall so far & check engine light came on at 89K miles (ECU needed reflashed). Also had plugs/wires replaced & coolant flushed (my choice) since car hasn't really been driving in cold climate in winter time until I took it over. Initial quality doesn't seem as good as a Civic or the like, but the car wears surprisingly well. All the honda company cars with less mileage are extremely worn & falling apart, but the chevy is running strong. All highway, I saw 36MPG, around town I see 26 MPG. In regards to performance, it does well, with a 2.2 li engine. For $12K, you won't get a race car, but it does pretty good. Only real drawback is resale. Previous car had TONS of miles due to driving a lot so that was rolled over onto the cobalt. Now I am very upside down in what it's worth, but we knew that going into it. Biggest complaint is driver seat not comfortable for long trips. But car is quiet, gets good MPG, styling (while very subjective) is good, paint has held up well (very shinny) for 91K miles of highway driving. Overall, very impressed & car is MUCH MUCH better than the Cavalier it replaced. Might even purchase the turbo SS when it comes out next month...."

It is what it is?

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "great colors to choose from, looks great"

Cons: "cheaply made, many little failures"

2007 Cobalt LT

"I have a 2007 LT coupe. The Cobalt comes in eye popping colors (mine is orange) and is a great value for a driver who wants something that looks sporty without the pricetag. While the car's exterior is aesthetically pleasing and the interior simple and sharp, the car is cheaply made. I have had a lot of small issues, most which happened around 30,000 miles which was ridiculous: the passenger side window motor died, my front speakers/lock chimes/ turn signal sounds quit working, the control arm bearing on the passenger side has been replaced twice, and the thermostat only works occasionally. Aside from these small things, the power steering motor and fuel pumps were recalled by the manufacturer. Overall, you get what you pay for I guess. It hasn't left me stranded but it is annoying wondering what problem it will have next."

2007 Cobalt LT

Very nice car

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "not a family vehicle"

"I bought my Cobalt with my father during its first production year in 2005. Over seven years later, it is still as nice and dependable a car as it was then. I have driven this car to Seattle and back, as well as Georgia and back. I also drove to New England from New Jersey about 12 times up and back a few years ago with no issues, cruising at 80 on I-95. It is a cheap car (about $16,600 when I bought it), but is a great value when you throw in gas mileage, exterior style and power (not bad for a 4 cyl. eco-tec engine). It gives me what I want, being a single guy with a limited income. Seats are a little stiff and room is tight if you have 3 or 4 big people in the car. My electronic temp. gauge on the dash went down a few years back, but this is insignificant since if I need the outside temp I just roll down the windows!! The electronic door locks have also gone down. I checked the fuse, but seems to be a wiring issue. Again a minor inconvenience. Outside of routine maintenance , car looks great and drives smooth. Nice value."

Good style, comfortable ride, but cheaply built.

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, quick accl.."

Cons: "Stiff seats."

"I've always been a big Chevy fan. I jumped at the chance to purchase this car when I saw it in the used car lot. Had only 28,000 and had a clean history report. Very stylish car with a comfortable smooth ride. The seats are alittle stiff but not to bad. Very quick and pretty good on gas but not great. However after about a year of driving it, little things started to break. Like the gear clip on the shifter broke off, and the red gear indicator is stuck on gear 1 (automatic trans) so I have to make sure im in drive and not reservse when I go to take off. My trunk light stopped working after about 5 months, still havent replaced it just to big of a hassle. The Keyless entry fob remote stopped working because the metal clip that holds and battery down broke. Dont ever drop your remote! It doesnt take shock to well, cheaply made. Replacements are easily $160 out the door at the dealership. If your battery happens to die and you try to start the car, your key will get stuck in the ignition due to the electronic ignition switch not receiveing any power. Major pain in the behind. However is it possible to manualy override that by popping open the small door under the steering collem and pressing the little white button (kinda hard to see but it is accessible) Well that has been my expeience with my 2009 Chevy Cobalt 4D LT. If you read this I hope I have helped! I give this car a 7/10 overall rating. If you can get a good price for this car I absolutely reccomend it! Just don't over pay."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals