2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.9

Based on 1315 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Awesome small car with good ride for price.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "economical, reliable and sporty"

Cons: "ext. dents easily,int.stains easily,not powerful"

"This has been an economical reliable vehicle with a good ride for such a small car. I have had very few mechanical problems most of which were fixed while under warranty. I get close to 30 mpg highway and 24 to 25 in city! Interior looks nice and exterior design is smart. It is comfortable to drive even on long trips. The exterior however dents easily and the interior stains easily. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a small car with good fuel economy and sporty look. It is roomy for front seat but close quarters in back. I have never been sorry for purchasing this car."

In love...

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"I have been the proud owner of a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt for seven months now, and I have loved every minute of it. I am used to driving a six cylinder, so I was worried about the Cobalt being a four cylinder, but after test driving it, I was sold! With the Cobalt, you can get the pep of a six cylinder with the gas mileage of a four cylinder! In this economy, you cannot beat that. I have an average of 30 mpg with about 50/50 city/highway driving. It rides smooth, even over our Mississippi roads! The only pitfalls are the seat comfort, but, as another reviewer pointed out, this is not a luxury model. Also, if you change your own oil, you have to buy a special little gadget to get the cap off easily. These are small prices to pay with everything else you get. It's a very cute car, too! However, my boyfriend doesn't mind driving it, for it's not too feminine for a guy to drive. If you are looking for an attractive, small, gas efficient, affordable model, this is the one for you!"

Nothing but problems

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"My girlfriend and I recently purchased a 2006 Cobalt in November of 2006 and it has had two major problems since. Shortly after purchasing it, the door broke due to a manufacturer defect and if it was not under warranty the repairs would have cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000. They actually had to destroy the paneling in order to repair the door. More recently, the power steering has gone out. For some reason they decided to go to Electric Power Steering thus forcing us to have to go to the dealer for repairs for what is once again a manufacturer defect. Now the car is no longer under warranty and the repairs are going to cost roughly $2000. That is $3000 worth of repairs needed on a car that we thought we were getting a deal on. I would have happily paid the extra money for an upgraded import at this point. Please be careful before buying this car and I highly recommend an extended warranty if you do decide to go forward with a purchase."

It's a good car.

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

"Aside from the recalls, I have had no problems with this car. Most of my driving is city driving and I get a consistent 23 mpg"

BEST CAR EVER

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "price, steering, gas mileage, cute, fun to drive"

Cons: "cloth seats are hard to keep clean"

"I have owned a blue 2005 chevy cobalt ls sedan for 5 years and have had only 2 problems with it. It has been a very reliable car and though it's small it's roomier than you think. The best thing about the car might be the tight steering. This car can make such sharp turns it's amazing! The gas mileage is also great. Plus the car is very cute love it, wish they still made it"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals