2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.9

Based on 1317 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

excelent value for the money

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"we purchased a 2007 cobalt used with only 5500 miles on it from of all places a dodge dealer. it is only a base LS 4 dr sedan but the standard features are more than addiquate. Keyless entry would be nice but come on, you can't take the time to push 4 door lock buttons. The base cd player has very good tone and the air conditioniing will freeze you out on even 90 degree plus days. Plenty of power for a 4 and it is a blast to drive. Very comfortable at highway speeds with no wind or road noise. The back seat room is somewhat limited for tall people but it is only my wife and myself most of the time. Very roomy trunk. Got a wheelchair plus a walker in it without lowering the rear seat back. It was also nice to find this quality in an Ameerican brand. The resale value is not a problem because we keep our cars for a very long time. Gas mileage is about 22 around town and about 30 on the highway. I do miss a center console for storage but the glove box is huge. Once you get used to the information center it is quite useful. I would definately recommend it to anyone looking for economy and low price."

One of my best cars

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I have owned nearly 20 vehicles in my life and the Chevy Cobalt has been my most reliable vehicle. I've had the car for almost four years now and am closing on 80,000 miles. The only maintenance that it has received is scheduled and oil changes. I put new tires on it at 65,000 miles. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to someone that likes reliability and good gas mileage."

Surprisingly Decent

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I bought a base 06 in Dec 05, strictly for my better half to travel in (91K miles in little under 2 years). For $12K, I got FM w/ CD, AC, pwr steering, spoiler in a yellow 2 dr coupe. He has a new car now, so I took the cobalt for my daily driver. Had 1 recall so far & check engine light came on at 89K miles (ECU needed reflashed). Also had plugs/wires replaced & coolant flushed (my choice) since car hasn't really been driving in cold climate in winter time until I took it over. Initial quality doesn't seem as good as a Civic or the like, but the car wears surprisingly well. All the honda company cars with less mileage are extremely worn & falling apart, but the chevy is running strong. All highway, I saw 36MPG, around town I see 26 MPG. In regards to performance, it does well, with a 2.2 li engine. For $12K, you won't get a race car, but it does pretty good. Only real drawback is resale. Previous car had TONS of miles due to driving a lot so that was rolled over onto the cobalt. Now I am very upside down in what it's worth, but we knew that going into it. Biggest complaint is driver seat not comfortable for long trips. But car is quiet, gets good MPG, styling (while very subjective) is good, paint has held up well (very shinny) for 91K miles of highway driving. Overall, very impressed & car is MUCH MUCH better than the Cavalier it replaced. Might even purchase the turbo SS when it comes out next month...."

It is what it is?

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "great colors to choose from, looks great"

Cons: "cheaply made, many little failures"

2007 Cobalt LT

"I have a 2007 LT coupe. The Cobalt comes in eye popping colors (mine is orange) and is a great value for a driver who wants something that looks sporty without the pricetag. While the car's exterior is aesthetically pleasing and the interior simple and sharp, the car is cheaply made. I have had a lot of small issues, most which happened around 30,000 miles which was ridiculous: the passenger side window motor died, my front speakers/lock chimes/ turn signal sounds quit working, the control arm bearing on the passenger side has been replaced twice, and the thermostat only works occasionally. Aside from these small things, the power steering motor and fuel pumps were recalled by the manufacturer. Overall, you get what you pay for I guess. It hasn't left me stranded but it is annoying wondering what problem it will have next."

2007 Cobalt LT

Very nice car

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "not a family vehicle"

"I bought my Cobalt with my father during its first production year in 2005. Over seven years later, it is still as nice and dependable a car as it was then. I have driven this car to Seattle and back, as well as Georgia and back. I also drove to New England from New Jersey about 12 times up and back a few years ago with no issues, cruising at 80 on I-95. It is a cheap car (about $16,600 when I bought it), but is a great value when you throw in gas mileage, exterior style and power (not bad for a 4 cyl. eco-tec engine). It gives me what I want, being a single guy with a limited income. Seats are a little stiff and room is tight if you have 3 or 4 big people in the car. My electronic temp. gauge on the dash went down a few years back, but this is insignificant since if I need the outside temp I just roll down the windows!! The electronic door locks have also gone down. I checked the fuse, but seems to be a wiring issue. Again a minor inconvenience. Outside of routine maintenance , car looks great and drives smooth. Nice value."

Good style, comfortable ride, but cheaply built.

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, quick accl.."

Cons: "Stiff seats."

"I've always been a big Chevy fan. I jumped at the chance to purchase this car when I saw it in the used car lot. Had only 28,000 and had a clean history report. Very stylish car with a comfortable smooth ride. The seats are alittle stiff but not to bad. Very quick and pretty good on gas but not great. However after about a year of driving it, little things started to break. Like the gear clip on the shifter broke off, and the red gear indicator is stuck on gear 1 (automatic trans) so I have to make sure im in drive and not reservse when I go to take off. My trunk light stopped working after about 5 months, still havent replaced it just to big of a hassle. The Keyless entry fob remote stopped working because the metal clip that holds and battery down broke. Dont ever drop your remote! It doesnt take shock to well, cheaply made. Replacements are easily $160 out the door at the dealership. If your battery happens to die and you try to start the car, your key will get stuck in the ignition due to the electronic ignition switch not receiveing any power. Major pain in the behind. However is it possible to manualy override that by popping open the small door under the steering collem and pressing the little white button (kinda hard to see but it is accessible) Well that has been my expeience with my 2009 Chevy Cobalt 4D LT. If you read this I hope I have helped! I give this car a 7/10 overall rating. If you can get a good price for this car I absolutely reccomend it! Just don't over pay."

Safe! Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My daugher was hit by a driver who crossed the center line. The front drivers side of the car took full impact. The car was totaled, but she walked away! I'm grateful, i bought this car! I only wish I didn't have to replace it!"

Interesting experience

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "comfort on long drives"

"I bought this car in early 2008 and the car had been a rental and already had around 40k on the dash when I got it. I have since driven it for 6 years and have just under 200k miles on it. It has been quite the champ for what I have demanded from it. I have driven it from Utah to: Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina(x2), New Jersey, California(x10), and I drove back to Utah in between each journey. Also, I drove the car for doing installations for a home security system company I worked at for 5 years, so the car was driven a minimum of 30k a year. In the time I have owned it, the fuel filter went out causing the fuel pump to go out twice. Recently the engine will randomly just turn off so it's time to take it to the shop again for only the 3rd time in it's life. I did get a new car last year and have retired this one to being a in town commuter since then, but I must say those 5 years of being a work car it was really reliable. It did get a little bit uncomfortable to sit in on long drives (it is only the coupe so I am sure it's worse than the sedan) but it was well worth the sacrifice for the gas mileage I was getting. I averaged around 29 to 30 mpg between city and highway both and I was doing about 50/50. Also, the trunk is huge, the entrance is a little small but I was able to fit an amazing amount of stuff in it."

Great car...For a little while

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Good price, good ride"

Cons: "Maybe too fragile for is own good, short lifespan"

"I got mine used in '06 with 18000 miles on it and it was a great car. No complaints. Then 2 years ago, at about 65000 the trouble started (not out of the ordinary stuff for 65000 mile GM car). Like a domino effect all sorts of problems started and continued faster than I could keep up with. Simple stuff like brakes, rotors, struts, shocks, motor mounts, compressor, CV joints, some unexplained rattling in the front that no one seems able to find the source of, and now, having just broke 100,000 miles the transmission is going. Expected a much longer lifespan, but I've grown tired of dumping so much money into it every couple weeks. I've kept up with maintenance and repairs through the years, and I didn't beat it up too much, but over the last year I probably put about $2500+ into repairs and every month or so a new problem arrises. I was once madly in love with this car, but now I'm looking forward to getting her out of my life."

Horrible durability.

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Cheap car"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Bought this car as a certified used car. No where near my expectations from a Chevy vehicle. Went in multiple time for many things. Engine is good but everything else interior and comfort is horrible. Replaced front speaker, fan blower motor was replaced and after 10K miles is squealing, center shift column, drivers door panel, passenger interior door handle, ambient temperature does not register properly, water leaked inside fan air box, resulting in mold smell, rear shocks went bad and were replaced, front strut mounts replaced, seat belt buckles replaced, cam shaft solenoids, all covered under the certified warranty. What if I things went bad and there was no warranty? Only thing that wasn't replaced under warranty was the recall for the power steering motor. All i can say is buyer beware for putting 30K on a car in 2 years without a warranty I would have been BROKE!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals