2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.9

Based on 1286 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Well Rounded Vehicle, Excellent First Car!!

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Cost, fuel economy, cool+practical,driving options"

Cons: "road noises, sometimes things rattle, loud engine."

"I purchased my 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe a month or so ago and I am really enjoying it. I have the manual version BTW so some of the principles may vary from an auto. This car is very fun and relatively fast. My most favorite thing about this car is the fact that it gives you options. Want to save gas? I have been able to get this car up to 32mpg driving to and from work. With about 60% highway and 40% city. OR do you want to have some fun and not make a fool out of yourself? This car handles highway driving easily and makes passing easy while leaving the competition in the dust. I have seen a lot of reviews and honestly cannot justify the complaints. When purchasing a vehicle like this you won't have a dead silent or luxurious ride. It's an economy car, not a Lexus, Audi, or anything similar. One complaint though that I can confirm is that the engine can be VERY loud. I personally don't mind this, but it does attract attention. It only happens when you are accelerating quickly though. I really enjoy the looks of this car though. the first cobalt I considered buying, I immediately fell in love with the coupe design. Sporty, sleek, and well... sexy. This is my first car and I highly recommend it to people looking for a first car or an economical car at a good price. I love how you can look "cool" in this car while not breaking the bank or being left in the dust. I personally drive this car to work and school almost everyday and it never gets old, I enjoy every minute. In terms of reliability, I have never had a problem. I hear all sorts of problems from other owners in other reviews and they have even less mileage than I do. As an Automotive Technician in training and my personal belief, I honestly feel that if you take good care of a car it will take care of you. I always change the oil and filter with Valvoline fully synthetic as well as a high flow performance oil filter from K&N. Fluids always checked and maintained. If a problem appears it is taken cared of ASAP. And honestly, you will pay less if you take care of the problem when its minor. If you wait, wait, and wait the problem will evolve into a more dangerous risk and not to mention a more costly one. One last point I would like to make on this long review is that the Cobalt is extremely advanced in terms of its computer systems. One of many pro's to this is that it will monitor how you drive and adjust accordingly when you need an oil change. A con though is that it is so advanced that in certain areas, its best(or may be your only option) to leave it to someone who knows what their doing and has the proper equipment. Like something as simple as keyless entry remote, I'm kind of annoyed that the keyless remote costs about $95 from a dealer AND only they can program the remote which is an additional $50! Guess I will just get my key copied >:( overall I really enjoy this car and think its very reliable and economical. But it also gives you the option to have some fun while driving, if you know what I mean :) ....."

drives

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"has kock in motor hood dented from hitting deer"

Do NOT buy this car!!!!!!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "engine runs good"

Cons: "Where do I begin?"

"Chevy should never have let this car get off the assembly line!!! Soooo many problems with ignition, not getting the key out of the ignition.... Steering problems.....etc. The engines runs like a champ (when you can get the key out of the ignition and the battery doesn't go dead) is about the only thing good I can say about this car!! Sorry..."

Best Vehicle for the price!!!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, takes the bumps on roadways easy."

Cons: "no cigarette lighter, no cruise control."

"I always loved the Chevy Cavalier. The older models were the best. The dealer told me the Chevy Cobalt was designed just like it. I was hesitant at first. After owning this car for 5 years I Love it. I wouldn't want any other car. I have had my share of Fords, and GMC's and never owned them longer than a year or two. I was amazed that my car after 5 years had just rolled over to 100,000 and I didn't have to put as much money in to it as what the original cost was. GREAT CAR. If I ever have to buy another car it would be the same. Only thing different is I would add cruise control. Even if I had to get an older model. LOVE MY COLBALT!!!"

Best we ever had, no major repair ever.

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "We are in our 70s and it save us lot $$$$$$$."

Cons: "With my long legs its tough in the back seat."

"The cat. converter & oxigen sensors replace at 132,000 miles. NEVER had to add oil between oil changes, NEVER NOT ONCE. Still getting 35 MPG with 150,283 Miles. Only things done were oil changes and third set of brakes were at 125,000 mi. with new rotors & drums. Still has the original anti-freeze, still checks out as good."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for