2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

7.9

Based on 1672 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

Excellent vehicle for value.

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good on gas"

Cons: "Not the prettiest car"

"The only two cars I've owned are cavaliers and I have enjoyed them very much. They have reliable little engines that last forever. They are a cheap car to buy and maintain. Good gas milage."

Cheap reliable car great on gas

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great on fuel"

Cons: "Rust"

"Had car for couple years now had fair share of simple problems mostly electrical. Heading on 300k and still going. I believe I am owner number 4 on this one. It was headed for the scrap yard when I bought it due to unibody rotted off in 2 locations but couple hours of cutting and plating and she was back to good. I personally put 120k on car motor or transmission have never been apart. It's heading towards the end of its life, currently burning a quart of oil every 2 weeks. Also motor starting to develop lower end knock but should make it to 300k. If you find one for a good price buy one. Even with there little headaches there a good car."

Perfect first vehivle

By on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Pros: "Low maintnance, extremely dependable"

Cons: "large cups get in the way of the AC unit and temp"

"This was my first car and i just bought my upgrade earlier today (Nissan 350z) but my Cavalier was absolutely perfect for me and for anyone for a first car. Ive had it since 07 and all ive done is fix the brakes, tires and oil. Its extremely reliable and havent had a single engine and transmission problem. Strongly recommend this over a Neon or Sunfire"

Reliable, trouble-free, inexpensive to run

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Reason: Got a newer car after 11.5 years

Pros: "Roomy, reliable, sporty"

Cons: "They don't make them any more."

"I bought this car with 3 miles on the odometer (traded in my '94 Cavalier for it) and sold it to a friend's daughter with over 111K miles. In all that time, it failed to start only once (in 2012 when the alternator went out and needed replacing). Other than that, tires and brakes and regular oil changes were all it needed. My only dislikes about the car were that the seat adjustments couldn't be fine-tuned and the seat belts weren't adjustable (made for a taller person). I really liked the fold-down back seats, giving it lots of cargo room, and I would have purchased another Cavalier in a heartbeat, but of course Chevy stopped making them."

256,000 miles and she is just now starting to go!

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

Cons: "Not a looker"

"I drove my 2002 Chevy Cavalier off the dealer’s lot with just three miles on it. Eleven years later, she is just now starting to show signs of wear and tear, although the exterior has been sporting rust for the last five. If I could, I would drop the money for repairs to keep this car going because it has been a champ, but the $1000+ fixes are probably better spent on a down payment for a new ride. That said, this car needs major work (for the first time ever), and yet it still hasn’t left me stranded when I am out and about. I will be sorry to see it go."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cavalier near Honolulu. See local deals