2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

7.9

Based on 1697 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

Excellent vehicle for value.

By on Monday, September 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good on gas"

Cons: "Not the prettiest car"

"The only two cars I've owned are cavaliers and I have enjoyed them very much. They have reliable little engines that last forever. They are a cheap car to buy and maintain. Good gas milage."

256,000 miles and she is just now starting to go!

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

Cons: "Not a looker"

"I drove my 2002 Chevy Cavalier off the dealer’s lot with just three miles on it. Eleven years later, she is just now starting to show signs of wear and tear, although the exterior has been sporting rust for the last five. If I could, I would drop the money for repairs to keep this car going because it has been a champ, but the $1000+ fixes are probably better spent on a down payment for a new ride. That said, this car needs major work (for the first time ever), and yet it still hasn’t left me stranded when I am out and about. I will be sorry to see it go."

Greatest little car I could have asked for

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, super reliable"

Cons: "Super compact"

"I bought this car about three years ago as a first car. The previous owner had bought it from a rental car place and owned it all throughout high school. I can literally rely on this car to go anywhere. It takes such good care of me, it's unbelievable. It's hardly had any problems, the only big one being it needing it's fuel pump being replaced. I wouldn't pick another car, and I plan on keeping my little car for as long as possible :) I definitely recommend one of these."

Great College Car

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Cheap to maintain, very reliable, great mileage."

Cons: "Tiny, noisy interior, uncomfortable on long trips."

"I got my Cavalier 2 years ago as a graduation gift from my parents. A family friend had the car before me, and he wrecked it. The car was a total loss, having been run over by a tractor trailer. I pieced it back together, fixed the damage, painted it, and put it back on the road. It gets 30 mpg highway, and is extremely reliable. The only thing I've changed in two years are the oil (obviously), and the brake pads. On the road, there is a lot of wind noise, tire noise, engine noise, well, it's just a noisy car. There isn't much sound deadening material. Cruising on the highway, anything bigger than a Honda Civic will absolutely blow you off the road, literally. I have never been in a vehicle that gets blown about as easily as this one. In addition, after about an hour behind the wheel, the seats seem to lose all their padding and you can feel every piece of metal in the seat frame digging into your rear, and the suspension always seems to bottom out, no matter what it is you run over, be it a pothole the size of Crater Lake, or the hair off the back of a passing deer. All this aside, it is a peppy (but by no means fast) little car that is very easy to drive, handles reasonably well, and is perfect for a beginning driver or as a commuter/college/work car."

BEST CAR EVER!

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mpg, tough little car, plenty of room"

Cons: "bad placement of cup holders under stereo"

"I've owned this car for 8 years now. I've put on 190000 of my 230000 miles. I have driven it through every state west of I-25 except Washington. I've driven, on average, about twice as many miles every year than the average driver. And I love this car. It has shown more power than the two Toyota's I've driven (Toyota 2004 Tacoma and 2002 Corolla). It has gotten then same gas mileage or better than both of the previously mentioned cars. I've also owned a 1992 Mercury Sable and a 1989 Honda Accord with everything from the engine to the carburetor rebuilt, and my Cavalier has more power and better gas mileage than both. My average MPG: 30- with new 4x platinum plugs, she gets 34mpg. And at times, she's gotten up to 45mpg"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cavalier near Honolulu. See local deals