1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

7.9

Based on 1703 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

256,000 miles and she is just now starting to go!

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

Cons: "Not a looker"

"I drove my 2002 Chevy Cavalier off the dealer’s lot with just three miles on it. Eleven years later, she is just now starting to show signs of wear and tear, although the exterior has been sporting rust for the last five. If I could, I would drop the money for repairs to keep this car going because it has been a champ, but the $1000+ fixes are probably better spent on a down payment for a new ride. That said, this car needs major work (for the first time ever), and yet it still hasn’t left me stranded when I am out and about. I will be sorry to see it go."

First Car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"It is a nice first car for someone who just wants a car. Its cheap and a good gas saver. Dont expect alot out of the engine though. I got up to 100 mph and I did not want to go up to the 110 which was the spedo max. But still $35 is lasting me 2 weeks of gas. Thats school, work, and friends. Nice starter car. Please beware of the interior! The dash will crack under heat!"

BEST CAR EVER!

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mpg, tough little car, plenty of room"

Cons: "bad placement of cup holders under stereo"

"I've owned this car for 8 years now. I've put on 190000 of my 230000 miles. I have driven it through every state west of I-25 except Washington. I've driven, on average, about twice as many miles every year than the average driver. And I love this car. It has shown more power than the two Toyota's I've driven (Toyota 2004 Tacoma and 2002 Corolla). It has gotten then same gas mileage or better than both of the previously mentioned cars. I've also owned a 1992 Mercury Sable and a 1989 Honda Accord with everything from the engine to the carburetor rebuilt, and my Cavalier has more power and better gas mileage than both. My average MPG: 30- with new 4x platinum plugs, she gets 34mpg. And at times, she's gotten up to 45mpg"

good vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "tall people do not fit very well"

"Definately a good vehicle that will get you from point A to point B. This car has proven to withstand alot of wear and tear and still keep on going."

2005 Cavalier: A great little car

By on Thursday, September 4, 2014

"We've had our little Victory Red '05 Cavalier for over 6yrs and just can't complain much about it. Past 2yrs have put most of its miles since we got it with only 48K on it. I had an older Cavalier and one a year older than this one and I have to admit they are tough little cars. Yes they will have things go wrong when their miles get upward of 100K but most have been maintenance, tires, realignments, brakes, wiper blades, oil changes, shocks/struts, serpentine belt, etc. Once they hit about 150K things like radiator fan relay, oil sensor, idler arm, wheel bearings needed fixed but they did a fine job. This car gives a decent ride, not luxury but didn't buy it for that. Gives a sporty/peppy ride, strong brakes, nice pick-up, and very good MPGs. Ours is mixed and usually in the mid-upper 20's MPG. Change its oil, fill with gas, give it an occasional car wash and it will serve you well for many years to come. Just wish they didn't discontinue it just when it was moving into the very reliable class."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cavalier near Honolulu. See local deals