1994 Chevrolet Cavalier

8.3

Based on 204 Ratings for the 1988 - 1994 models.

Good Starter Car

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"This was my first car. I hated it when i saw it, but it definately grew on me. The A/C didnt work but the windows rolled down. There weren't any airbags which was fine because there is instead a sweet storage compartment running the whole width of the dash to put cigarettes lighters pens and anything no wider than a pack of smokes. For the year of the vehicle the sound system was good and the RS badge made it look like a rolling joke because its a cavalier haha. I will say on a serious note though I have honestly never driven a better car in the snow. NEVER. This vehicle is so heavy in the front that it never got stuck on a hill, nor did i slide through intersections. When needed or wanted for fun in the snow the E-brake is easily accessable and the back end of the car will really swing out. This is typically not a recomended use of the emergency break but it got me out of some sticky situations. The tire width was small which made for good cornering in bad conditions. I would buy one again if i could just for a winter vehicle, I cant stress enough how well it performed in cold snowy slick weather. The leg room was also nice, decent trunk, large cushioned front seats, lack of cupholders by the driver but for some reason putting them in the dash by the passenger seemed like a good idea. Its a good starter car for the fact its easy to maintain and operate, not too many options to be distracted with while learning and its sturdy so if ya happen to hit a shopping cart or rear end a corolla you and the vehicle will be just fine."

Bullet proof car

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cons: "Tight fit to make repairs"

"I have the 1994 z24. I use this car every day for work. The engine runs great, rides smooth, Great in the snow, and handles great on these back roads. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

Love It!

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Cheap to maintain, Comfortable, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Odd Cup holder placement."

"Other than some rust, a few dents, and a small oil leak that needs topped off every 4-5 months, it's the best car I've ever owned. Cheap to run and maintain, I bought mine for 400 2 years ago and other than some problems that the previous owner neglected to mention, have only had minor repairs to be made, and they were just older parts and basic maintenance and worn parts replacement."

This car does not die!!!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "great running reliability, cheap to keep, 33mpg"

Cons: "ac compressor went out"

"Got this little car in 06 with 68K miles. It gives me about 33mph, great get up and go, cuts through snow, stable on ice. Runs like a dream! Just maintenance. Clear coat paint is peeling and air conditioning compressor went out at about 140K. That is an expensive repair otherwise, I'd buy one again!"

Great Gas mileage

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"If you drive the speed limit (I know it is hard) then you get great Gas mileage. I pay $37 to fill up this car from 1/2 tank at $4 a gallon. I calculated my gas mileage from that and figured in 27 mpg at highway speeds (35-55mph). i recommend this car for economy lookers and those who just want a car to get them from point A to B."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cavalier near Honolulu. See local deals