2013 Chevrolet Captiva Sport

8.4

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Perfect for my needs!

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "Great to drive, parks easily, looks great too!"

Cons: "Next time I may go for the next longer model."

"Was looking for the right size for daily commuting, shopping, trips...and taking my elderly mother to appointments- she can get in and out easily, comfortable ride and room for her walker. This was our biggest desire as our prior vehicles were difficult for her. Great on every point and the fuel economy a huge plus!!!"

Excellent

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"I love my 2015 captiva LT with all the options. I wanted a small SUV or truck as I live in snow country. I get around fine with Blizzak snow tires on this heavy vehicle. The feel and comfort is outstanding for the price. The steering is tight and fun to drive on winding roads. I love the look inside and out. Some may say it's out of date but I like it better than the newer body styles - nice exterior and the uncluttered dash. Clean and classy. When I found out it was being discontinued I had to buy before the gently used was forever gone. Mine was one of the last produced. I hope to have my COOLTIVA for many years to come."

Great Deal!!!

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Great Price! If you need a small roomy SUV"

Cons: "lil Noisy but Very Willing to Rev! 4 cyl engine.."

"I found one of these with low miles at CarMax they have them and they are DEF worth a look at 17k to 18k in Base Sport Trim with low miles. This little Chevy @ this price is a Bargain! Feels Solid, Has *On Star* A great system with yearly fees but worth it. XM Radio also a pay service after any trial period. -Bluetooth, USB Port, 3 acc. outlets,Comfy seats, 4 Reading lamps, Auto Headlights,Fog lights,Cabin Filter,Auto Single Zone Climate Control. Cloth seats in Base model were actually More comfortable than the leather in an LTZ model AWD which was loaded but at the price point.. The Tough competition Wins. But a good deal on a Base Sport or an LT can be a fantastic Deal!! Handling is very good..nice feel to the steering..It just feels surefooted, not to bad at bumpy canyon carving and it sure is not made for that but....Not Bad..Sometimes theres a canyon in your way..if your lucky ** It is very nice on the Hwy. Tracks very well. You Will hear the engine going up hills it has a Nice 6spd. Automatic with Manual Mode which I use for Downshifting if an offramp is coming faster than I like...Ahhhhhh!!!! also good for holding a gear when going up hill But I think the choice of the rocker switch on the shift lever to change gears was not the best idea. BTW Think of the ECO mode button to the right of the shift lever as a Backwards Sport Mode Button... I don't turn ECO mode OFF much ..your right foot can control it's shifting ..just Push Harder..:) .I leave it in ECO mode 99% of the time. Very Impressive little SUV at this price point.. :)"

Love my Captiva

By on Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "no awd"

"The Captiva may seem boring or dull to some but it was just what I needed! After hopping from one suv to the next I finally decided on the Captiva. Sure it may be the most advanced suv but it does the job and looks good doing it. The radio and vehicle information system are easy to use as well as the steering wheel controls. Interior is nicely appointed and quite comfortable on long drives. The front passenger seat folds flat to accommodate items that are eight feet long! so far i've hauled salvaged doors and a stepladder. The four cylinder is adequate, don't expect this to be a racecar though it handles the car pretty well. I'm so far averaging 25.8 mpg in mixed driving. not bad. The crown jewel has to be the cargo area, flat floor even with the rear seats folded down the back seats fold easily and even recline.I can't tell you how many times it has come in handy. some cars have a 3-6 inch dip which is inconvienient. Reliability has been good. so far only 23,000 miles and no issues. I chose the Captiva because the powertrain etc. has been around for awhile and has been pretty trouble free. I wish all wheel drive could have been available with the four cylinder but I honestly didn't need it anyways."

GM's Best secret is the Captiva sport LTZ

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "great overall value, solid, affordable"

Cons: "power pass door lock/ slight engine rev sound"

"After reading most bias and negative press reviews I never would've looked at one until I saw a dealer special online. Starting a small business around the time my car was dieing wasn't good timing and I needed a new car with warranty that's affordable that also doubles as a business car. To my surprise all major press reviews are not right and are sadly bias leading people to loose out on a great deal. I wouldn't buy a base model captiva though as an LT or LTZ trim lines are then worth it for 2-3 grand more for a good price of under $18,000. My black on black LTZ captiva has leather, sun roof, 10 speakers, auto start, remote, heated seats, leather, power everything, auto ac and back up sensors, bluetooth, usb, navigation, my link touch screen with apps, and onstar. The heating and cooling is quick. The handling of the captiva is great and feels like a car. It's ride is heavy and solid for a small SUV. It has black wood trim interior and the black on black feels like a lincoln town car or a limo service car. It's like a $30,000 loaded SUV for $17,000 which is such a great deal for people in this economy. It's great on gas if you don't drive aggressive, and the eco mode prolongs the gears in downshifting so power isn't wasted. Eco mode in city driving works great and I only use a quarter a tank a week driving locally. The captiva has just enough and all the power you need. The transmission works quickly to power up highway on ramps when you need it but then is conservative in city driving. The torque is great for a 4cyl and there's a lot of power. Sometimes for my business I have to drop the rear seats and transport heavy things and it really handles well with the power. The captiva is a driver's SUV so you always want more power and I think people unfairly say it's under powered because they enjoy the handling. If it had a V6 it would probably be too much for it and wear out parts faster. My only two complaints is a lack of a door lock/unlock button on the passenger door (remote key flob works fine) and if they used thicker sound deadening for engine revs on highway. It's not bad but average insulation and if done better it would almost make the captiva feel like a buick. Overall the LTZ Captiva Sport fully loaded is beyond a steal for hard working americans. The higher trim lines allow for the same modern updates and tech that higher prices suvs have. The LTZ model also features more limo quality being a fleet model than the base model which is just for rentals. You could see and feel the difference in quality IMO. Everyone who sees it and rides in it can't believe what a great value it is."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Captiva Sport near Honolulu. See local deals