2011 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews

Brutal Power, Comfortable Ride

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Great power, fun to drive, curb appeal"

Cons: "Poor fuel economy, cheap interior plastics & paint"

The day she came home.

"Having owned many Ford Mustangs in the past, this is my first new GM purchase. I chose the Transformers Edition due to its novelty and uniqueness to the area. The car attracts a lot of attention, and is definitely a conversation piece. The ride and handling is very good, considering the fact that the suspension is geared more toward performance than for quality. The car feels "big"; there was a learning curve to get used to where the corners are located. Blind spots can be overcome with mirror positioning. The overall performance of the car is also very good. Strong power, a confident and solid manual gearbox, and sure-footed cornering are all at your disposal. I felt that the car is over-priced in regard to the overall quality of the vehicle. Cheap interior plastic that scratches easily, thin paint that chips easily, and average leather interior. It could have been done better. Features are okay, with a relatively powerful Boston Acoustics sound system, backup camera with object detection, heated seats, and dual power 6-way front seats. The "heads up display" (HUD) is awesome. Only manual HVAC is available on these cars, which is out of step with current new-car standards."

My video

The day she came home.

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Exterior Style, Acceleration, Decent Mileage, Fun!"

Cons: "Tires, Limited Sight, Weak Stereo"

"I absolutely love driving this car. It's powerful, easy to handle, and beautiful. The curves are just gorgeous. I have the 2LT V6 model. It attracts a lot of attention, and it accelerates easily. Things I love: Acceleration, body style, Heads Up display, controls for sound system on the steering wheel, USB port in center console (reads my iPod), remote start, heated leather seats, blue tooth, seats that adjust in lots of directions, comfortable seats, tire pressure sensors, auto-dimming mirrors to block bright headlights behind you at night Things I'd change: Stock tires (summer rated Pirelli's-- had to replace them for cold weather which was expensive), sound system (supposedly Boston Acoustic premium but it is underpowered and doesn't sound very good), trunk is shallow and access is oddly shaped, no spare tire (can be added) The car definitely took some getting used to for limited sight, especially out of the rear passenger side, but the mirrors are good and I adjusted pretty fast. Not a big deal. Mine came with a back-up camera, which is nice. The seats are adjustable, and I don't have a problem with head clearance with the roof of the car. The sunroof does take up a bit of headroom, so if you're tall it's something to consider. The back seat is not usable for adults, and access to it is a bit tight, but that's not really a surprise for this type of car. I tend to put things in the trunk rather than deal with the back seat. The tires aren't rated for cold weather (and definitely not snow), so that's an added expense if you're driving year round. (getting 4 tires back from the shop required 2 trips...) I'm getting just over 20 mpg with a mix of highway and stop and go driving. The doors are long, and you have to be careful opening them. They open wider than my previous 4-door car. My passenger usually gets out before I pull into the garage. I love having the constant read out for tire pressure and check it every time I drive. I've only had it for 3 months, but have had no problems in that time. It's a lot of fun to drive and it even makes me look forward to running errands! I love the car and have no regrets for buying it."

Outstanding car in every way.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

"Fun to drive, still turns heads and draws compliments 3 years after purchase. Never regretted the decision to buy this car."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

I'd like to receive useful tips, tools and resources via email from Kelley Blue Book.