2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 963 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Great for a little bit

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"With this car being built the way it is, the dashboard cracked like any other 4th generation Camaro. The upholstery is falling down, and the T tops leak. Not to mention i maintained the engine like i was supposed to and had to change multiple things. Not to mention the Motor 3 different times. The aluminum engine was the worst design i have ever seen. It easily overheats, leaks, and blows heads. Even though this car stood up for a little while, after a couple years of driving back and forth to school and work, it eventually will cost you more in repairs than you paid for the car."

get LS1 camaro and you are not going to forget it

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "awesome $ per HP, Fun to drive, great MPG"

Cons: "electrical issues"

"the 4th gen F-body (camaro and Firebird) is one of the most underrated cars in the history of muscle cars... large windows and mirrors, 4 seats, hatchback trunk style, ABS, traction control and air bags, are just a few of the features of those cars, also on those cars you can get up to 25 mpg with the V8, the F-body is a really nice car, you have to keep in mind this is a car made almost 8 to 10 years ago and still can keep up with a SS camaro in straight line. the weak point of this car? they have some electrical-related issue but nothing to really be afraid about if you take care of it, other important aspect you have to keep in mind is those cars have rear axe suspention but at the end you have a truly sport car capable of smoke 80% of cars in the street and get a beautiful MPG. finally I have to say those cars are the best white canvas for any kind of mod or crazy project you have in mind my recomendations if you plan to get one get a good tires get her check by a good Chevy or Camaro chop create an acount in LS1tech.com or other camaro related forum so you can know everything you want to know about your car install a good cold air intake get a tune to get mot hp and better mpg and go and hit the road!!!!!! sorry for my bad english, but you can take trust my word I had mine for over 8 years and going to keep it for much more time"

Good for a while

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Repairs

Pros: "Fast! Mostly reliable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance, 100k miles major repairs"

"I had a 2001 Z28 model. It was quite reliable, and I owned it for 8 years. After going back to school, the fuel economy and repair costs were way too high for me to hold on to it. Here are the issues I had: Shock mounts in front rusted. Need replacement when replacing the front shocks. Expensive. Common problem. $200 for new mounts, and a pain to replace. Replacement master cylinder at 100k. Brakes didn't work very well anymore. Replace wheel bearings at 90k. I ran too long on bad bearings, and had to replace the rear axle. $1200. Body control module need replacement. Power windows and radio would sporadically cut off. $200 plus labor. Trunk leak. Common problem. Had a pool in my trunk every time it rained. Rear glass needs to be removed and reseated. $1-200. Squeaky AC belt. Not sure here... Replaced it, but still squeaked. Engine knock. No clue here either. Car started to lose power, and the engine sounds bad. Oil leak drip pan. Not sure on this, because it was the last straw. This was my brothers guess without looking more into the leak. Service engine light. Supposedly catalytic converter, which the car has two, and they're freaking expensive. Overall, I had this car for 8 years, but around 100k, these problems popped up left and right. I decided to trade it in when it needed a couple grand in repairs, along with new tires. It was reliable for the time I had it. No major engine problems up until 100k, and I had regular maintenance done, but it then became a money pit. If you're looking at one of these, know that it could require a couple grand to fix all the issues. It seemed to be falling apart."

Good for a while

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Repairs

Pros: "Fast! Mostly reliable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance, 100k miles major repairs"

Cool factor is high!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Lots of fun great Delco audio system"

Cons: "No DVD one cd at a time dated"

"Makes me happy when my friends see it. Also is surprisingly reliable. Minimal issues, horsepower may be low due to the year it was produced. In 2016 when it's 20 yrs old the value should jump. Plus, everyone gets excited when you say, "I drive a camaro!""

good so far

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "very cheap, great running, fast for a v6"

Cons: "does not go good at all in snow."

"have had my car about a month now has 259000 in dash but redone the engine and transmission. has a little over 100k now great running and driving car."