2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 974 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Slick and pretty but not dependable

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Sporty, Low to the ground, cheap"

Cons: "Interior, dependability, gas mileage"

"I owned a '95 Automatic Chevy Camaro, 3.4 L. Do not expect to get any more than 22 miles to the gallon in this car. In my experience with the automatic, you'll average right around 20 mpg. This was my first car and it was already higher miles when I got it. Got it at 150,000 miles and wrecked it at 166,000- bear that in mind as you read further. Overall it was a pretty good car, but it left me stranded several times. It wasn't uncommon for it to have trouble starting in the mornings and then start up right away once I got home from work. It also had a pretty bad oil leak towards the end of it's career (as F body's usually do). Don't be surprised if it has a small leak if you buy it. Even the ones inspected and sold at a dealer may have a leak within your first month or two of driving it. If you're looking to buy one of these used they're almost all high miles these days, so you can expect there to be some cosmetic issues. On mine the seal around the driver-side door was toast, and the door would drop down an inch or two when it was opened. The interior was very worn and didn't hold up very well, but again, some of that is simply because they've been around for 20 years. My advice, buy it if you can get it cheap! Be careful if you're buying a '96 or '97 though, because the "Opti-Spark" on those models are extremely touchy and likely to leave you stranded once in a while if it rains. I bought mine for $2,000 and I'd say it was a good deal."

Fast, economical, fun to drive, very reliable

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "see review"

"I've driven this car for 15 years. A/C compressor and clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty. Another clutch slave replaced by me at 110,000 miles (it's weak point). Replaced the clutch at the same time, it was only about half worn. Great car to drive cross country, I CONSECUTIVELY got 31+ miles per gallon before they started putting ethanol in the fuel. It has the L1E (?) package which I love. Quiet on the highway. BUT... it has the ugliest interior in the world, bland, flat battle ship gray fabric trimmed in bland flat battle ship gray plastic and bland flat battleship gray vinyl. Ugly and flat."

Power, Handling, Acceleration, smooth looks. Z28!

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Great acceleration, tight steering, best car ever"

Cons: "Plastic interior, made in Canada, not US."

"In its early days it was a high horsepower car compared to what else was out there. It still will out-accelerate a lot of wannabe racers who think they are going to get in front of the old car as they try to pass on the right. Uh... No...think again."

Great car, has needed repairs, but still great!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Looks cool, sounds cool, accelerates fast"

Cons: "Old, needs maitenance frequently, bad turn radius"

"Got this for my first car ~8 years ago, it has neeeded its fair share of repairs, but always got me from point A to point B. Still a great car, needs a reapir to its front right wheel however."

One of the best rides but parts are pricy

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great power, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive upkeep"

"Really reliable car, however, maintenance will end up costing far more than the value of the car"