2001 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 958 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

I love this car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car, fun to drive, great memories, manual"

Cons: "Paint touch up, some engine work"

"A few years ago my dad sold his 1986 Nissan 300ZX to a junkyard because we could not pay to repair it anymore. A while later we went to the dealer we usually go to [we didn't get the Nissan from a dealer, it was a trade with a neighbor] In the lot he had a 1994 Chevrolet Camaro, 3.4 L, V6, 5-Spd Manual. My dad bought the Camaro that same day. Years later I'm driving the car with a learner's permit and she's one of the best I've driven. Noted she needs some work and she's not the prettiest looking car [because she needs a paint touch up] But to me it's the best car in the world. Not only because it's fun to drive, but it's a project for my dad and I to work on. And come October, she's mine."

Red, garage kept, nice wheels. New AC System 5/14

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Condition, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Leather interior. Custom Chrome Wheels"

"Fun ride, great value, leather seats, all interior good condition. Z28, Tented windows, custom wheels."

great looking and running car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "its an automatic"

"this car was bought by me to bring back some of the fun I had with my 69 z28.of course this car is more modern and has more power and its a convertible.gets looks no matter where I go especially on the road.the only complaint is from my wife with the bump in the passenger side floor,otherwise,no problems ever.great car and its a 35th anniversary model"

"I love my Camaro."

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Love, love, love my car....."

Cons: "Passenger seat is uncomfortable, and manual"

"I bought it brand new 13 yrs ago, and I haven't had any major problems other than routine maintenance. I have 50,800 miles on it and have been looking to trade it in for a new one. It handles great on the highway and around curves. After 13 yrs. she can still hit 15-70 mph in third gear while merging onto the highway, I love it!!!..... She has red hot exterior, and black leather interior with no holes or stretch marks,& T-tops."

Great EcoMuscle

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Cheapest quality muscle you can find"

Cons: "Interior is an afterthought"

"Bought 1999 Z28 convertible from original owner two years ago with 43K miles in "Like New" condition for $10,600.It has the 6 speed manual, sports handling package and sports appearance (ground effects) package. The LS1 aluminum block engine is a engineering marvel that goes thru the gears with endless torque to spare when accelerating.This is a driver's car. It is not a passengers car. It steers thru curves tightly, brakes well and is a top down joyride. The original CD Monsoon Sound system is mediocre lacking the modern device inputs. The ride is stiff and firm enough without being uncomfortable. Gas mileage varies depending on how you use the gears and torque. Cruising on the open road in 6th gear will not break the bank average guesstimate of 20-22 MPG. It's an enjoyable car to own and drive. And for the money you are driving a vehicle that puts the majority of today's small more expensive cars to shame as far as looks ( one guy thought it was a Ferrari) and no contest as far as Muscle car performance vs econoboxes.If you can find one with low mileage and you appreciate driving with a stick- buy one -It should make you happy."

Great for a little bit

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"With this car being built the way it is, the dashboard cracked like any other 4th generation Camaro. The upholstery is falling down, and the T tops leak. Not to mention i maintained the engine like i was supposed to and had to change multiple things. Not to mention the Motor 3 different times. The aluminum engine was the worst design i have ever seen. It easily overheats, leaks, and blows heads. Even though this car stood up for a little while, after a couple years of driving back and forth to school and work, it eventually will cost you more in repairs than you paid for the car."

get LS1 camaro and you are not going to forget it

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "awesome $ per HP, Fun to drive, great MPG"

Cons: "electrical issues"

"the 4th gen F-body (camaro and Firebird) is one of the most underrated cars in the history of muscle cars... large windows and mirrors, 4 seats, hatchback trunk style, ABS, traction control and air bags, are just a few of the features of those cars, also on those cars you can get up to 25 mpg with the V8, the F-body is a really nice car, you have to keep in mind this is a car made almost 8 to 10 years ago and still can keep up with a SS camaro in straight line. the weak point of this car? they have some electrical-related issue but nothing to really be afraid about if you take care of it, other important aspect you have to keep in mind is those cars have rear axe suspention but at the end you have a truly sport car capable of smoke 80% of cars in the street and get a beautiful MPG. finally I have to say those cars are the best white canvas for any kind of mod or crazy project you have in mind my recomendations if you plan to get one get a good tires get her check by a good Chevy or Camaro chop create an acount in LS1tech.com or other camaro related forum so you can know everything you want to know about your car install a good cold air intake get a tune to get mot hp and better mpg and go and hit the road!!!!!! sorry for my bad english, but you can take trust my word I had mine for over 8 years and going to keep it for much more time"

Good for a while

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Repairs

Pros: "Fast! Mostly reliable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance, 100k miles major repairs"

"I had a 2001 Z28 model. It was quite reliable, and I owned it for 8 years. After going back to school, the fuel economy and repair costs were way too high for me to hold on to it. Here are the issues I had: Shock mounts in front rusted. Need replacement when replacing the front shocks. Expensive. Common problem. $200 for new mounts, and a pain to replace. Replacement master cylinder at 100k. Brakes didn't work very well anymore. Replace wheel bearings at 90k. I ran too long on bad bearings, and had to replace the rear axle. $1200. Body control module need replacement. Power windows and radio would sporadically cut off. $200 plus labor. Trunk leak. Common problem. Had a pool in my trunk every time it rained. Rear glass needs to be removed and reseated. $1-200. Squeaky AC belt. Not sure here... Replaced it, but still squeaked. Engine knock. No clue here either. Car started to lose power, and the engine sounds bad. Oil leak drip pan. Not sure on this, because it was the last straw. This was my brothers guess without looking more into the leak. Service engine light. Supposedly catalytic converter, which the car has two, and they're freaking expensive. Overall, I had this car for 8 years, but around 100k, these problems popped up left and right. I decided to trade it in when it needed a couple grand in repairs, along with new tires. It was reliable for the time I had it. No major engine problems up until 100k, and I had regular maintenance done, but it then became a money pit. If you're looking at one of these, know that it could require a couple grand to fix all the issues. It seemed to be falling apart."

Good for a while

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reason: Repairs

Pros: "Fast! Mostly reliable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance, 100k miles major repairs"

Cool factor is high!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Lots of fun great Delco audio system"

Cons: "No DVD one cd at a time dated"

"Makes me happy when my friends see it. Also is surprisingly reliable. Minimal issues, horsepower may be low due to the year it was produced. In 2016 when it's 20 yrs old the value should jump. Plus, everyone gets excited when you say, "I drive a camaro!""

good so far

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "very cheap, great running, fast for a v6"

Cons: "does not go good at all in snow."

"have had my car about a month now has 259000 in dash but redone the engine and transmission. has a little over 100k now great running and driving car."

Everything you ever wanted in a Camaro Z28

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Just a beautiful "arrest-me" red car"

Cons: "needs a headliner"

"This is a one owner car. All paper available. ISCA Show car. (all dash plaques mounted) Original paint with painted stripes under flames upto the windshield. Lots of bolt-ons for appearance and performance. Modified suspension and chassis give an aggressive stance and the feel of a much more expensive car. All work done by myself. Lots of chrome, stainless under hood. Stock drivetrain. Personalized interior boasts a rosewood interior. Well taken care of, garaged, rain only by accident, serious head turner, Royal Purple always. Illness forces sale. Five years until antique status. 2007 Camaro Calendar(Canadian version) "girl" (July 2007)."

Best Bang for Buck

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "great price, great fun, great looks, great mods"

Cons: "simplistic plastic interior"

"Burnouts all day long"

This is the perfect car

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas"

Cons: "i prefer halo headlights"

"This car is comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas, it's very fast, and last but not least wont cost you an arm and a leg for insurance."

Great cars!

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Great all around car"

Cons: "Fuel pumps go out alot."

"My 1996 Camaro RS was just a project when I bought it. But I quickly fell in love. This car has so many upgrade options, you can make it completely amazing. I plan on doing many things with mine, and if the engine goes out before i'm finished, well i'll spend just $350 on a rebuild kit :)"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive even on long trips"

Cons: "Back seat is really short on space."

"I rate it a ten on most everything. Back seat is not very comfortable if you have long legs. I love the body style. I like the way it moves when it is necessary to MOVE! It's paint is still great but I have had it garaged since it was new. You must be familiar with how to handle cars that are low in the front. Walk it through the water and dips in the road at an angle or you will surely bottom out. It handles terrific on mountain roads. I've owned 4 Camaro, 1 Corvette, and 3 Firebird. I happen to like the body styles... they are racy, sexy and sleek. The 2002 35th Anniversary model with the glass T-Tops is just plain sexy! This wouldn't be a good choice for people who have a hard time getting in and out of a low vehicle. If you are over 6 feet or large body shape, you won't like it."

Best bang for the buck at the time!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Best performance car at the price in 1998."

Cons: "Some may consider the ride a bit taught."

1998 Z28 Camaro

"I bought the '98 Z28 new to use as a commuter car, replacing my '86 Corvette. I just couldn't see wearing out another Vette commuting to work and back. While the Z28 didn't handle near as well as the Vette, it did have perhaps a bit more power. I have 64K miles on it now and have not had any problems, except for air conditioning loss of Freon and a leaky clutch slave cylinder. The slave cylinder is a bid deal on a Camaro, as it is an integral part of the throwout bearing. That means that the transmission has to be removed to replace it! IMO, this was a big mistake on GM's part, just to save a couple of dollars in manufacturing. That said, the power of the LS1 engine is impressive and published dyno tests indicate that the horse power was underrated. Rear wheel HP is typically around 290. Considering that the car is light by today's standards, it is quick. The driveline is tighter than the '86 Vette and the body far more solid, with very few rattles. Handling is not anywhere as good as the Vette, but better than most cars. Gas millage is very good, considering that the engine is 5.7L, and I average around 24MPG commuting and 27MPG on trips. For a quick, go fast, good handling car, I don't think there was any competition at the time. The brakes are stellar! BTW, I searched hard to get my Z28 with a solid top, as I had my fill of flexing bodies and water leaks. All in all, a great car at the price. Unfortunately, now at 74 years of age, I am not so forgiving of the low entry and firm ride. I'm sure though that a younger person will enjoy it as much as I did."

1998 Z28 Camaro

I just couldn't ask for more. What a great car!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive, love the T-tops. Fast."

"I bought this car with mileage under 10k. It was only one year old. I am not the type to take it to the track and race. I took care of the car and it took care of me. All I did was maintain it and buy it tires and it always ran like a dream. And talk about power. My camaro always allowed me to pass cars with ease. And the abs braking system let me stop on a dime. I bought this car in 2002 when I was in my mid 20's and single. I still have the car but also I am a family man now so now I drive a sedan and my camaro is sitting in my backyard. It still runs and the ac still works. But it no longer fits in my life."

Awesome car, never regretted buying it new

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive, still looks cool!"

Cons: "They are getting older..."

"I bought this car new in late 2001 and still get a kick out of it every time I drive it. I have only had a couple of minor problems in all these years, not many cars you can buy new and drive for 12 years and say that about. Watch out for ones that somebody has driven the snot out of, these cars are fast and could attract an abusive driver. Driven reasonably, using the speed for traffic situations, the good braking and handling for accident avoidance, and it's one heck of a commute!"

Good, strong car for a decent price

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Stong LS1 engine, great price, reliable car, fun"

Cons: "Heavy doors, window motor goes out"

"Some things I dislike about this car: Heavy doors - Don't slam the doors, the window motors go out pretty easy. T-tops might leak when washing the car. TERRIBLE in the snow"

fun,fast and reliable