2001 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 979 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Driving fun in the sun!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun in the sun!"

Cons: "Camaros ride rough."

"This car is in great condition for its age. I've done all mechanical work and have the receipts to go with it. It bright red with a Panasonic stereo/cd. It has the Z-28 wheels so it handles like dream."

Great low-cost muscle car

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Great power for low price & extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Plain plastic interior, eats tires if abused"

"I bought this car off the Chevrolet lot in February 2001. It is a champagne colored SS and came with SLP exhaust and "ultra performance" suspension packages, 6 speed transmission, T-tops and 17" wheels with 275x40 tires. It has been my daily driver for 14 years and counting. I love it. I went to the market the other day and a guy driving a new BMW M3 told me how clean and good looking my car was. I've had comments like this since I bought it. Car guys like the Camaro. What a fun car to drive with plenty of power and rear wheel drive. Drift is predictable and controllable with the 3.42:1 rear axle and the wide Z-rated tires. Steering response is fantastic with the Bilstein suspension system and the 35mm front anti-sway bar. The ride is a bit rough / stiff, and you have to watch your "nose" when approaching driveways, but the head-snapping responsiveness of both the steering and throttle makes it all worth it. If driven mildly, skip-shifting as much as possible, and using 6th on the freeway, it will get a respectable 22 mpg in a mix of freeway and city. All freeway and just cruising (obeying the speed limits) will yield the rated 27 mpg. Like another reviewer wrote, I've had only minor issues with my car at 129,000 miles: Driver's window motor, water pump, roller bearing in the left rear axle, and bubbling of the clear-coat on the black roll-hoop are about it. It still shows the same values at the smog station (I live in CA) while power and fuel economy haven't changed at all since day one. Highly recommended."

Excellent modern muscle car. No regrets owning it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Reason: replaced with Corvette

Pros: "Raw power. Great lines. Looked fast and was."

Cons: "Plastic interior. Electrical probs. Cheap leather."

"Bought new out of dealer's inventory in late 2000. LS1 engine was the same as the Corvette at that time. Tons of power. Despite a set of 2.73 gears for highway economy it ran a respectable best of 13.44 @ 107.43mph at Sacramento Raceway. It knocked down a dependable 20 mpg in a 52 mile round trip commute. Never had a mechanical problem with this car. Some electrical issues. Failed power window motor which I replaced myself. Cracked solder joint on the Body Control Module that killed the radio and the power windows. I also repaired this myself. When I sold it last week everything still worked and it still ran very strong. Only real flaw was some bubbling on the clear coat on the black bar over the roof."

I love this car it is very dependable sleek look

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "Always starts good on gas looks great fun to drive"

Cons: "never home always out in car"

"I can say nothing bad about my 1994 chevy."

Good durable vehicle

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Cheap and rugged"

Cons: "Fuel pump access and resonance from the s-belt."

"My 1994 Camaro V6 was bought used on 12/2013 with 5439 miles from a collector in Ohio for $6500. I have also owned a '76 V8 Camaro and a '92 V6 Camaro. After the cops ran into the '76, it was sold following repair. Only problem was a front wheel bearing failure with in 90,000 miles. I sold the '92 to my son who still owns it with 275,000 miles and going strong. There were issues with the ignition system, radiator fan sequencing, and corrosion of the engine core plugs. After purchase, I drove my '94 Camaro back to Texas with a howling fuel pump. As long as the tank was full no problem. Finally, the pump failed at 11,635 miles and had the fuel pump replaced at a Chevie dealer in Dallas on 4/3/15 for $859.88 including tax. The dealership tried to rip me off for $1100 initially. The pump was an AC Delco original. I have run cross country non stop for as high as 921 miles in less than 15 hours and my 5'9" 220lb. frame felt good despite running north and south road in Oklahoma. Mileage is no the best at only 25mpg; but I don't care about cost because of the low cost vehicle. I've replace the original tires and spark plugs. Plug replacement is easy on the left side but the right side with alternator bracing and the funky EGR valve is a challenge. Next time I am going to try plug changes from the bottom on the right side. Compared to my '97 TBird and my '15 Fusion, the car is really a cheap, crude, noisy rugged vehicle with a harsh ride on Houston "streets"! I am a retired mechanical engineer and wrench all my automobiles. Had this pump failed near home, I would have replaced it myself."

Slick and pretty but not dependable

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Sporty, Low to the ground, cheap"

Cons: "Interior, dependability, gas mileage"

"I owned a '95 Automatic Chevy Camaro, 3.4 L. Do not expect to get any more than 22 miles to the gallon in this car. In my experience with the automatic, you'll average right around 20 mpg. This was my first car and it was already higher miles when I got it. Got it at 150,000 miles and wrecked it at 166,000- bear that in mind as you read further. Overall it was a pretty good car, but it left me stranded several times. It wasn't uncommon for it to have trouble starting in the mornings and then start up right away once I got home from work. It also had a pretty bad oil leak towards the end of it's career (as F body's usually do). Don't be surprised if it has a small leak if you buy it. Even the ones inspected and sold at a dealer may have a leak within your first month or two of driving it. If you're looking to buy one of these used they're almost all high miles these days, so you can expect there to be some cosmetic issues. On mine the seal around the driver-side door was toast, and the door would drop down an inch or two when it was opened. The interior was very worn and didn't hold up very well, but again, some of that is simply because they've been around for 20 years. My advice, buy it if you can get it cheap! Be careful if you're buying a '96 or '97 though, because the "Opti-Spark" on those models are extremely touchy and likely to leave you stranded once in a while if it rains. I bought mine for $2,000 and I'd say it was a good deal."

Fast, economical, fun to drive, very reliable

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "see review"

"I've driven this car for 15 years. A/C compressor and clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty. Another clutch slave replaced by me at 110,000 miles (it's weak point). Replaced the clutch at the same time, it was only about half worn. Great car to drive cross country, I CONSECUTIVELY got 31+ miles per gallon before they started putting ethanol in the fuel. It has the L1E (?) package which I love. Quiet on the highway. BUT... it has the ugliest interior in the world, bland, flat battle ship gray fabric trimmed in bland flat battle ship gray plastic and bland flat battleship gray vinyl. Ugly and flat."

Power, Handling, Acceleration, smooth looks. Z28!

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Great acceleration, tight steering, best car ever"

Cons: "Plastic interior, made in Canada, not US."

"In its early days it was a high horsepower car compared to what else was out there. It still will out-accelerate a lot of wannabe racers who think they are going to get in front of the old car as they try to pass on the right. Uh... No...think again."

Great car, has needed repairs, but still great!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Looks cool, sounds cool, accelerates fast"

Cons: "Old, needs maitenance frequently, bad turn radius"

"Got this for my first car ~8 years ago, it has neeeded its fair share of repairs, but always got me from point A to point B. Still a great car, needs a reapir to its front right wheel however."

One of the best rides but parts are pricy

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great power, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive upkeep"

"Really reliable car, however, maintenance will end up costing far more than the value of the car"

Fast

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Fast & Sporty"

Cons: "Cheap body & interior"

"OK to play with"

My favorite car ever!!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive -better than corvette!"

Cons: "Very low profile if that's a problem for you."

"I love this car! It's easy to drive, reliable, extremely maneuverable besides being just a joy to drive. After all these years I still get great gas mileage for the moves I put it through every day...27 highway and about 22 street. I'm constantly pushing it to the limits and it has responded with zeal! My husband is a Chevrolet mechanic (for over 40 years) and keeps it in top shape and running condition. I've had some major work done on it recently (as needed of course) by Chevrolet guys and it's amazing that it still will respond just like when it was new! I will keep it for awhile longer before I can sell though. Tough to let go of my best buddy after all these years."

Excellent condition

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"Excellent condition in and out."

a very good care

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "motor is excellent"

"this car is a beautiful cherry red and everything works except the power looks but with only two doors, it is not a very big deal."

Powerful, reliable

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "price good, fun, get a lot of compliments"

Cons: "Can be expensive to maintain"

"Very reliable, powerful. Drives well with great mileage for as fast as it is. (approx 30 MPG hwy at 80 mph with air running). Not easy to work on. The upside, it doesn't need much work."

Love this car

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient, fun to drive, built to last."

Cons: "Low to the ground and light in the back."

"I bought the 97 back in 2003 and it still runs like a scalded dog. It's reliable and hasn't cost me a fortune in repairs."

Great car, perfect for living on the beach

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "fast, MPG, fun, sound, color, easy & cheap to fix"

Cons: "peeling clear-coat, manual top"

"I love the way the car runs, rides, sounds, handles, and looks. Mine needs a transmission, but that's because the previous owner drag raced it, and I didnt know that until after I bought it. It's cherry red (aftermarket paint), with red and black interior, the 5.7 and an auto 700r4 trans. I just never put the top up, it's my extra beach cruiser that I only leave the house with if it's not going to rain, and it's been garage kept, so why put up the top? My favorite part of all is that beautiful GM purr from the moment you start it"

sporty, unique, fast, and fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "You get what you pay for as far as preformance."

Cons: "extreamly expesive parts, gasmilage,high maintance"

"cons first, Quality parts are expensive,terrible gas mileage 11 city 18 highway, 2x more expensive to insure than my 4 cylinder work car. I have had to replace a lot do to the mileage. if you are not mechanically inclined you will spend a fortune on labor. I consider this car high maintenance, considering Ive done more work on it than any other car Ive owned. I have sunk more money into it than what i should have. Pros: very fast, handles extremely well. same motor and suspension as the Chevy corvette. "head turner". Burred the needle at 150mph and was still accelerating. I would not recommend this car for some one who cannot respect it or some one who neglects it. overall I love it I do not plan to sell it any time soon."

I wouldn't sell my camaro for $15000

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"I think Kelley Blue Book is all wrong. This car has been in my garage for 14 years, is in perfect condition, runs as well as any 2014 models, gets excellent gas millage and I couldn't replace it for $15000 so why would I sell it for their price of $2800. That is ridiculous. Where can you get a T top in a fast sporty good gas millage car that looks like new and is in near perfect condition? This car is not for sale."

being sold by individual. Showroom condition.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "to hight but fun to drive"

Cons: "not the greatest year for the camero"

"This is the 30th anniversary edition with the LT1 corvette motor in an automatic transmission. It has the special white leather interior with the 30th emblem on the seat. This car looks like it was just made. I'm interested in buying but I need to know what a real price would be."

Great for a single person

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, runs well during most of the year"

Cons: "Not so good in the snow, a little cramped"

"I received this car as a graduation gift back in 2006, and it is still running. It was in good shape when it was purchased, and I've done my best to maintain it. Like every car, it had things that needed to be taken care of (oil leaks, oil changes, filters replaced, etc). The only major issue I've ever had with this car was handled by insurance one winter. The interior of the door was splintering away from the rest of the door, but of course you couldn't see this from the inside either until you tried to open the door. While I love this car do death (in addition to the newer models), I think it is good for a certain point in time of a persons life. Moving can be difficult if you can only rely on this car since it isn't large, but it can hold more than you would realize just by looking."

I love this car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car, fun to drive, great memories, manual"

Cons: "Paint touch up, some engine work"

"A few years ago my dad sold his 1986 Nissan 300ZX to a junkyard because we could not pay to repair it anymore. A while later we went to the dealer we usually go to [we didn't get the Nissan from a dealer, it was a trade with a neighbor] In the lot he had a 1994 Chevrolet Camaro, 3.4 L, V6, 5-Spd Manual. My dad bought the Camaro that same day. Years later I'm driving the car with a learner's permit and she's one of the best I've driven. Noted she needs some work and she's not the prettiest looking car [because she needs a paint touch up] But to me it's the best car in the world. Not only because it's fun to drive, but it's a project for my dad and I to work on. And come October, she's mine."

Red, garage kept, nice wheels. New AC System 5/14

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Condition, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Leather interior. Custom Chrome Wheels"

"Fun ride, great value, leather seats, all interior good condition. Z28, Tented windows, custom wheels."

great looking and running car

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "its an automatic"

"this car was bought by me to bring back some of the fun I had with my 69 z28.of course this car is more modern and has more power and its a convertible.gets looks no matter where I go especially on the road.the only complaint is from my wife with the bump in the passenger side floor,otherwise,no problems ever.great car and its a 35th anniversary model"

"I love my Camaro."

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Love, love, love my car....."

Cons: "Passenger seat is uncomfortable, and manual"

"I bought it brand new 13 yrs ago, and I haven't had any major problems other than routine maintenance. I have 50,800 miles on it and have been looking to trade it in for a new one. It handles great on the highway and around curves. After 13 yrs. she can still hit 15-70 mph in third gear while merging onto the highway, I love it!!!..... She has red hot exterior, and black leather interior with no holes or stretch marks,& T-tops."