2000 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 991 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

97 Z28

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I bought my Z28 over five years ago. Man, I saved for two years for the 97 z28. I saw it on Gran Turismo 3 and had to have it. T bar, attitude, and performance. This is what I came to love. I bought it stock and the 0-60 is 5.5 sec(auto), which makes it quicker then the manuel at 5.8. But looking back I would have went with the manuel. Easier to control. Now my car hits 60 in 4.3sec and has around 415hp. Has an upgraded GS Vette suspention, and a few other goodies that set me back around 4g. So heres the thing, try getting a 400+ car for under 11,000. You only have Camaro, firebird, or Mustang for that money. I've owned two mustangs and hands down the Camaro would eat them up and still retain decent gas. It always brings a smile to my face as if I only owned the car a month. This car caught my eye because it could do over 165 stock! The areodynamics make it an idle car for speed freak, but a wild car to those seeking just to be cool. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a second car for weekends or good weather; but not to those seeking an everyday driver. The car feels cumbersome in parking lots, but like a true sports car on the highway. Bless the LT1 and all of its torque. Oh, also to know before you buy is oil leaks are very common and are usally from the manifold and can leak down the engine if parked to long. Still I would 100% recomend this car."

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

V8 performance and great MPG

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I have two Camaros, a 2001 Z28 automatic, and a 2002 Super Sport 6 speed. Both V8's obviously. I've modified both of these to run low 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile and the SS still gets 27 MPG highway."

Looks Performance Reliability

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have had three generations and this one is my favorite. Although only a V6 the performance is great. I needed some decent gas mileage and 24 mpg is pretty good for a sports coupe. The best part of this generation is that it catches peoples eye! Car enthusiasts, Guys, Girls.. and yes.. beware the cops. This is a solid reliable car. Not one of those tinny door rattlers you see out there! It really makes you feel safe and attached to the road. As with all Camaros and most sports cars, comfort is not a focus. The passenger may find it hard on long drives. Forget the backseat.. it is only good for some groceries and a gym bag. I would recommend this car to anyone with a love of the road. As long as its not snowy"

Nothing but LOVE for it.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I have owned this car for over 10 years, It has been nothing but great. Very fast and reliable. It's a beautful car."

They don't make 'em like this anymore

By on Saturday, May 16, 2009

"I bought this car in 1994 when I was 20 yrs old. Here it is 15 years later and I am still driving this same car. This is the absolute best purchase I have ever made. Still runs like a top, it's great on gas, dependable, handles like it was manufactured for Daytona and overall just a great car. Only one word to describe it....QUALITY. GM did an outstanding job with this one. Fact is...cars are not made like this anymore. I would still not hesitate to take this car on a cross country trip. It has 193,000 miles and not one major problem since the purchase date. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I am obviously attached to it."

My Almost Repo Special

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"My son was in college with too many bills, including the payment on the Camero. When the repo truck showed up I decided I might just like to own this car myself (his mother). I paid the powerhouse off and have been the proud owner for the last three years. The car has been modified, reprogrammed and man is it fast. Since I live in Michigan it makes it's debue Memorial weekend and is tucked away after September. The car has never failed me. When I'm filling with premium I get the comments. She looks and runs like new. I wouldn't be afraid to drive this car to either coast."

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"This is the second one I have owned! Awesome car! Quick for a 6 cylinder! Add a cold air intake and it makes a world of difference! Not bad on gas! Nice cruising car!"

I love my Camaro!

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"I'm a proud Camaro owner! I bought this car brand new & customized some aspects of it as well. Its such a kick to drive.It came with everything,including the Premium sound system,interior,wheels,etc. I would like to upgrade the speakers now,and I need some new floor mats. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing.I love the nice rumble of it! It's a gorgeous black, and I had a thin hand painted metallic silver pinstrip placed down both sides that flip up towards the rear spoiler. I also had them professionally tint the windows. All that Camaro glass can make the interior extremely hot inside, so that has been a lifesaver to my interior,though I do garage it 99 percent of the time. Yes, It's an eye catcher! I have only good things to say about it's performance and reliability. I get compliments on it all the time. It's hard to keep clean because it is a darker color, but so worth it. I actually had someone ask me yesterday if my car "was the new Camaro?" that was coming out? LOL. I had just shined her up! It still looks almost as pretty as it did when I pulled it out of the dealership's lot. There is a certain pride in owning a Camaro.I wouldn't compare it to the vette and wish I owned the vette instead. Both are great cars for their own specific reasons! I love my Camaro,and I love it because that's what it is. I hope I will have this car when I'm very old. I will still drive down the road feeling like I'm 17. There's nothing better than owning a part of America's car history and heritage. Yes, I'm a girl that's proud to own her Camaro!"

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

its the chizain

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"this car is awsome its really fast too. handles better than any other car ive driven and looks how modern muscle cars should look."

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I've had my '97 Z28 for a little over 6 years now, and I absolutely love it. This car is very fast, the acceleration is unbelievable, really flies off the line. Pure American muscle, nothing better. The handling and cornering is exceptional as well. Its very comfortable also. Gets good gas mileage for a powerful V8. I have a few modifications done, cold air intake, performance brakes- cross-drilled and slotted rotors and bigger calipers, computer chip, and a Borla loud-mouth exhaust. This car looks, sounds and performs great. Its a real head turner, especially with the Borla exhaust. Mine has just over 100,000 miles and I have had no problems with it at all. Only time it has been in the shop is just for routine maintenance. I noticed some reviews that said they have had problems with their car, engine etc. I would have to say that their issues must be the result of not taking care of the car properly and/or not servicing it regularly. I've taken good care of mine and it has taken good of me. No complaints. Overall the Camaro is a fantastic car and i would recommend it to anyone interested in a fast, reliable, beautiful sports car. Excellent Car!!"

Great car!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. 230,000 miles and still running. Great styling. Probably the hardest suspension around. Have had lots of fun driving this car."

My Camaro is a champ!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"I bought my 96 Camaro when I was 18, and needless to say, didn't care for it as well as I might have. After about 2 years, LOTS of none-too-gentle road time, and minimal maintenance, it was still running strong. Another 4 years later, my Camaro IS receiving it's deserved care, and it has continued to surpass my expectations. It is to this day (at 167,000 miles) a fun and reliable daily driver."

ALOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"The 3800 in the base coupe has quite surprising off-the-line power, obviously not a V8. But you can definitly spin the tire anywhere between 0-10mph. Very good handling for a large and relatively heavy car. The best part by far about this car is the styling, it is aggressive, and my stock white camaro gets alot of looks and positive comments. WHEN YOU TELL THEM THAT IT ONLY COST 6K, THEY WILL SAY WHAT, AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE!"

I love my car !!!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I love my 1998 Camaro ! It is a good car and I have had only minor problems with it. I have replaced the water pump, tail light, and a belt. It gets about 21 mpg and it is so fun to drive ! I feel super safe in this car !!! Very dependable ..."

MyRS

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"A wonderful fun car to drive,no problems until after the first 100,000mi then I had a valve cover start leaking and the driver side elect window motor went out."

Very fun car

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"This car is an extremely fun car to drive. It is fast, handles well, and looks great. This car however is not for poor weather and depending how you drive the gas mileage can either be great for a car with this power or it will drink gas if you have a heavy foot. This car has some reliability issues and repair costs can be a bit pricey. If you want a good weekend fun car to drive around this car is perfect.This type of car also has a rich heritage exending back to its inception back to the muscle car era of the 1960's and 70's. overall a very fun, fast, and performance driven car."

Amazing Car

By on Saturday, December 8, 2007

"These cars handle amazingly well and are more than powerful, I have enjoyed many cars in my life thus far and The Camaro SS is still one of my favorites. The exterior styling is incredible and the car has a very agressive look. The interior is very well planned out and everything is within easy reach, very ergonomic. I have enjoyed this car much more than the Mustang I owned before it. The mustance was way too cramped for me, I am just over 6 ft tall. The camaro has plenty of room and was much more comfortable. The Camaro was slightly louder and noiser than the Mustange but provided a much more appriciated driving experience every time I drove it."

Excellent Performance Car

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I absolutely love this car. I've owned it for 4 years now and couldn't be happier. The car hasn't had any TSB's or recalls, and mine is 9 years old now and 100,000mi with absolutely no problems. I've never had anything go out on me. and only have had to replace tires and brakes as usual. with the horsepower you expect horrible gas mileage but I get about 22mph in the city and 30+ on the highway. I love the performance and handling this car gives right out of the box. Not to mention driving around with the t-tops off or even with them on you can still see out through the t-tops with the shades off. It is very quiet also and comfortable making a great cruising car. I have driven from NJ to IL and back numerous times (16 hours each way) and have no complaints about the commute. The backseats although small are also comfortable for shorter drives, under an hour. and with the backseat folded down I'm really surprised at how much this 2 door can hold. Expect to receive a lot of compliments on this car when you pull into a gas station or wal-mart!!"

Very Fun Vehicle/Head turner

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I bought this car as a third owner in 2005 with 92k on it. Fortunately, it was spared of the many tacky aftermarket parts and accessories available for these cars. It is awesome with the top down and you feel the 285 horses when you need them. The only parts replaced have been typical GM things....most mechanics will know what I mean. The only complaint is a coolant temp sensor, head clearance (with top up), and stiff seats on long rides."

Best Value for Family Performance

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"The 94 Camaro is a great car that has provided 7 years of reliable fun for me and my family. Fun and easy to modify. The Optispark distributor is a major problem area on the LT1 motor but the car is really reliable after fixing the issure with a dynaspark distributor. Corvette performance at a Killer price, and I can haul the kids to car shows or racing events, You can't go wrong."

Excellent

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Excellent vehicle. Only trouble that I have had with this vehicle is the convertible top. Back window has seperated from the top 3 times. Other than that mechanically has been superb. Now have 150,000 miles and still going strong."

What a Value

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"Recently bought my 2002 Z-28 with only 53,000 one owner miles. This is not my daily driver though it's starting to fill that role. Previous owner kept vehicle in immaculate shape. The only thing I struggle with is getting in and out of the car because I am a wide-bodied guy. Once in it's as comfortable as anything else out there and the performance this car delivers is absolutely amazing. I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic oil and replaced the stock air filter with a K&N. The sound from the LS1 is incredible as is the power. And with all this power it still gets 23 mpg on the highway. What's there not to like about this vehicle? Nothing I can think of. I'm told the new Camaro that Chevy is working on will look like the early ones from the 60s. Fine with me. The classic styling of my 2002 is something I will never tire of. From any angle this is a beautiful car. Mine is white with the black targa top and t-tops; black leather interior. I have an E-class Mercedes and my wife has a Volvo SUV, yet this Camaro is my favorite of the bunch. You have to look hard to find a good one, but you will be rewarded for your efforts if you get one. Fun, fun, fun."

Funnest car I've ever owned!

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Bought my 1995 3.4L new. Now with 228,000 miles. The most reliable, funnest, coolest car I have ever owned!"