2000 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 969 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

bad design flaw

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "optispark distributor location"

"I've owned my Camaro for 11 years and all I've done is put distributor after distributor into it every 2 years!! Its crazy!! But otherwise the motor is solid for its age and milage."

A blast to drive, but a burden to maintain..

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "They are cheap and fun to drive"

Cons: "Labor costs, overall design flaws, lack of quality"

"I received the car when I was 16. At the time, I was in the market for a camaro, and I decided on a red 1997 Camaro (V6)with approximately 150,000 miles. I fell in love with it from first glance. However, it spent most of my high school years in and out of the shop. I ended up paying three times as much on repairs as I did on the original purchase price of the car. I should have done some research before getting the car. Cons: It has had issues with the wiring harness and issues with the wiring in the key-lock cylinder. The car has an ongoing issue with the daytime running lamps. I have replaced the timing cover; timing chain; timing guide (which is capped with nylon, which wears out and causes the chain to rattle and wear against the timing cover); rear end; radiator; fuel injector gasket; head gaskets; drive train (the factory piece consists of two separate pieces which have a connecting joint in the middle that wears out); water pump (3x); Thermostat (2X); Window motors (3X); window guides; front driver's seat (rebuild); three wiring harnesses; trunk pistons; Brake lines; brake master cylinder; fuel lines; EVAP canister with solenoids; Rear main seal gasket; and transmission lines. Cons (continued): The interior is cheaply crafted of plastic. There are cracks in the handle inserts and dash. The clips in the switch panels break. The center console top rots off. The left rear-view mirror does not operate. The sun visors are cardboard covered with thin fabric and cost over $100 for a new pair. It causes me shame to even look at my visors. The cigarette lighter socket busted inward. The trunk latch button fell off. The A/C has not worked since I owned the car but blows air. The engine rattles terribly. Lastly and most importantly are labor costs/time. The way that the car is designed makes it a nightmare to repair in all aspects. This also means higher labor costs. Pros: The visibility is unbelievable (Thanks to large windows). It is wonderful to drive (It is not super smooth, but better than a comparable mustang). The engine is literally bullet proof (other than the few moronic design flaws). It has a decent amount of power. It gets decent gas mileage. It handles well with responsible driving even under poor weather conditions. It has a uniquely attractive body style. Conclusion: To conclude, I write this review as friendly advice. I spent time labeling out each issue to be thorough and to effectively convey my point: I love the car even with all of its quirks. If you do not mind shoveling money out the window on repairs($8,000+), then by all means, get one. On the other hand, if you are strapped for cash, invest in something more durable. In my opinion, GM's negligence of quality during the 90's caused the issue-ridden fourth generation Camaro to be discontinued and caused GM to go bankrupt. My ultimate verdict: I WILL NEVER buy a fourth generation Camaro again!"

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance and Handling"

Cons: "Gas milage and Brakes"

"This car has been wonderful i have owned the car for a couple years with no big problems besides being a daily driver and need to keep up on the maintenance. Pros - Great performance easy to maintain and very reliable. Cons - Gas mileage and if you plan on driving this car a lot be ready to get good brakes and keep up on tires."

A perfect intro to American power

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Power, great value, nice lines, fun to drive"

Cons: "weak passenger window motor, plain interior"

"I started off with a 10 year old Hyundai Accent as my first car as it was given too me and I sold it for $3500. I found my 95' Camaro for $1625 from a dealer page on Ebay. It only ran on five cylinders for the five hour ride home and got 17mpg but once I replaced spark plugs, serpentine belt, and ignition coil it ran great on all six, up to 22 mpg. After putting a fluid cleaner through the gas tank into the engine and using 89 octane gas, I am getting 26mpg. So for about $2000 I got a 25+mpg car with 200 hp and great looks. Can't complain about that for a 17 year old. The motor in the passenger window needs replacement as does the muffler, drive shaft, and tires. After that all should be good for under $3000. Talk about bang for your buck. I recommend this ride to anyone not wanting to invest too much into a quality vehicle. I will upgrade after college but for now I'm enjoying this car a lot."

SO great that I bought it back...

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Cheap power and easily modified for more!!!"

Cons: "Interior plastics should have been designed better"

"Power and looks are great. I sold my Camaro 2 yrs ago and bought it back after the previous owner only put 3500 miles on the car. Compared to the price of a new Camaro, these 98-02 SS & Z28s are the best bang for your buck!"

Teens dream

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Stick shift, T-Tops, Speed and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"I have had this car for just over a year. I was nervous to get this as a first car because of the stick but now I love to drive the stick in this car. It doesn't get the best mpg around 18. In the last year i have had to replace the clutch pressure plate and fuel pump but these are the first major repairs that the car has had in its life time. If you get one with T-tops it is one of the funnest things to drive around in. The car has many aftermarket parts that you can get to enhance the performance and make it sound like a beast."

good car

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun car to drive"

Cons: "Not good for a family car"

"Has the low jack"

Awesome ride!

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Rally Red and rarin" to go!

"The limited edition 35th Anniversary Camaro is a true muscle car. The special graphics package, ram air, center mounted dual exhaust handling package and the 345 H.P. Corvette LS1 motor make this a truly special and fun car to drive. Proud to own #791 of the 3369 that were produced in this package, all of which draws great comments from those you pull along side of at a traffic light."

Rally Red and rarin" to go!

Great Car. Mimimal Work needed.

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfty."

Cons: "Passenger Side Window motor"

"I bought my 97 on a used car lot in Cleveland. At first I hated it. I needed to put quite a bit of work into it. However I only paid 3400 for the car. So the dealer probably paid 1100 for it. I put $1300 overall into the car the 5 years I had it. None of the repairs were anything serious. The repairs consisted of tires, tune up, battery, thermostat, brake line, oil changes, fuel filter, serpentine belt and I never got around to it, but it needed a passenger side window motor. THAT IS THE ONLY COMPLAINT you will see on this car, for some reason GM put a weak motor in the passenger side. But in the long run. 4600 bucks for a car that lasts me 5 years running. I am satisfied."

'98 V6 Camaro

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "Value and Style"

Cons: "Room"

"This is my 2nd Camaro. I owned a '96 for every day driving a few years ago. Had it for 3 years. Loved it. Fast, clean and alot of fun. I eventually traded it in for an SUV for more room and winter months. As soon as I paid my SUV off I bought a 98 Camaro. So happy to be back into one of the best American made cars. Great for spring-fall. It's definitely a great sports car for the price and a great value. Turns heads and just looks amazing. Hope I always own one."

great car

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

"blue book price"

My Chevy

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I love this car"

great car for the money.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "fun car to drive,great cornering,love the 6 spd"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I know have 112000 on my 1995 z28 6 spd,love it, i think they could have done better with the interior as it does look and feel cheap,but the rest of the car is great handle,power and looks.Aftermarket is full of parts and free tips make the car stronger,have done a few upgrades on mine,exhaust roller rockers,computer, suspension to the tune of about 1200.00 so far,major improvement..have no plans to sell any time soon!"

Rides like a "dream"

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful classic. T Tops can be taken off."

Cons: "Driven only during good weather."

"I bought this car new in 1994. It's still beautiful! Been offered $'s, but not ready to let go yet. I drive it 6 months a year (Spring through Fall), then put away for the winter months...and bring it out again when the weather cooperates."

Fast and dependable

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fast, great looks from the styling"

Cons: "cup holders in the way of shifter - NO DRINKS"

"The fastest car I have ever owned and gives you the freedom of a convertible having the top down on nice weather days brings it to a whole new dimension. Good valve buying one used, were a bit expensive when they where new. Buy now great deals can be had ! Low maintenance and repair cost compared to my VW or subaru's."

with 192000 miles this car still shreds everywhere

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "fast, fun, loud"

Cons: "to many people want to race!"

"for the mileage and year of this car i could never ever complain one little bit about it. its so much fun and stylish i love it to death. wouldnt ever think twice about buying another"

Great car! Camaro fan for LIFE!!!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"This is my second Camaro and I am very happy with my buy. I was a bit worried with the milage on the vehicle but it has proved to be worth the money. Can't go wrong with getting a Camaro, don't go to the Mustang!"

Awesome Riding Vehicle

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"Awesome, no other words to describe it!"

A fun car to drive/own

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful, fast, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not for everyone."

"A fun car to drive/own. A garage car but has really never had any repair expenses to it."

Best performing Camaro for the money.

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage for a V8, Fun to drive, Fast"

Cons: "Below par interior quality, Heavy, Big"

"I was lucky and found a 1994 Camaro Z28 in December of 2011 that had just a little over 29000 miles on it. The previous owner drove it just about 1000 miles a year. It was in flawless condition, and the best part was, he was asking 1k under the KBB value for the car in Good condition (it's in Excellent condition). Anyways, this car just amazes me. There is power everywhere and is so much fun to drive. The only non stock item is a Flowmaster Original 40 exhaust, which makes it sound 100x better than stock. The car goes from a standstill to 60 mph in a little over 5 seconds, and will throw you back in your seat when you really get down on it. That being said, on my last fillup, I got 25 miles to the gallon. And I had done a few acceleration tests and left a nice smokey burnout once or twice. I really want to know what gas mileage I will get if I drive like my grandfather."

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS BEST CAMARO

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "style, confort"

Cons: "the back seat!"

1997 Camaro RS

"I like every inch of my car !!!! I just love how this car turn around heads, how this car have complements from anybody!"

1997 Camaro RS

what a great car

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "passanger seat not comfy"

"I just love my camaro. I have a gold color that was only made for the GM execs."

This thing is a handful

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Super fun, great handling, Great sound system"

Cons: "Disrespect it and it will kill you quick, Bad MPG"

"Truthfully, I would NOT get this car if you want a daily driver, Its peppy with great handling, the v8s are corvette fast, heck even mine is down into the 6 second 0-60. But there are a lot of trade offs, its hard to get into if you are tall like me, There isn't a lot of room once you are in there, the MPG are atrocious (13 consistent for me with constant heavy driving) the car does not like you, if you ignore it even for a few seconds it will run off the road and kill you, PAY ATTENTION WHILE YOU DRIVE. It is a great car and i have driven mine for 2 years everyday, be careful in rain and avoid snow. I love mine and dont let me scare you away from one, just be prepared to own a baby supercar."

My video

My 0 to 100 run, not 100 percent throttle till 2nd gear

love the car drives amazing

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "cheap fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "ride gets rough with aftermarket shocks"

"love my car would recommend to anybody"

Love the body style and handling, engine sound

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful styling, great V6, gas mil"

Cons: "EGR valve is a pain needs better and more cup hold"

"This car is remarkable for the age, I just bought it for $2200. It will need bearings in the clutch soon, and the only issue is the E.G.R. valve needs cleaning or replacement--almost $400 to replace, and cleaning is a pain. Thank the government for this worthless pollution "control." it pollutes the engine not the air I guess. Overall this is a great car and I plan to restore it as a graduation gift to my teen in the next 2 years. Seats (fabric) have full comfort, and cleaned up easily with spot shot. Great lumbar support so nice for road trips. Two very old cigarette burns so I might replace or reweave fabric. Sits low and bottoms out but that's the price you pay for a sports car. Engine sounds wonderful still and it will be worth it to rebuild the top half in a year or so. The only disappointment is that the clutch takes VERY hard pressure to hold down, and a Camaro specialty shop said it was a hydrolic and could not be adjusted. This is tough in city driving as I an a female driver and not much strength. Overall, LOVE this car!"