1999 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 986 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

By on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pros: "Always get compliments on it!!!"

"Nothing bad to say about it! Always wintered in heated garage, just use her in summer months. The best car I've ever owned. Handles beautifully!!! Absolutely love it!"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"I have owned this 1995 Camaro for 5 years. I bought it for 1000 dollars with over 150,000 miles on it. The 3.4L V6 is still running strong to this day with over 240,000 miles on the stock motor. Doesn't leak any fluids or hesitate in any way. Comfort is no fun at all on long trips but gets very respectful gas mileage on the highway. If you are looking for a car to last a while on a budget, I would recomend this car to you. But if you like something comfortable after a few hours on a road trip, then don't get this car."

awesome camaro

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"This is not my first camaro though it is my first v6. I still own my car after ten years and shes still running strong. Plenty of muscle for just a v6 with something like 277hp. only flaw i can think of is there is a lot of weight from door so puts alot of stress on door handle that has a minor crack in it but barely noticable. I love my car regret having to sell it but i now have a wife and three kids and we cant all fit at once due to bucket seating."

Great Car for Summer

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Mine is 2002 V6 35TH anniversary edition w/ t-tops. So far just under 160,000 miles on it. It seems as the car has aged, the sensors tend to go out... this has happened twice. It was still under warranty when this happened. Last year, when it was 6 years old, the power steering and some other stuff had to be fixed among typical routine maintenance such as brakes, etc. The power steering plus other miscellaneous things (I think one of the things was also the rear differential?) on that one repair bill was like $2,000. It ran beautifully for about 12 months until just this week, actually... when it stalled at an intersection. This time it was the fuel pump. To have the fuel pump and the filter replaced, $1075. Mostly labor costs, as it's pretty time consuming and difficult to get to, they say. Overall, I have a sentimental attachment to this car. I love it. I think I've taken good care of it, and it's just getting to the age/mileage where stuff is tearing up on it. But now that it's been paid off, the repairs are definitely cheaper than replacing Camaro with another car and having a payment. It's a beautiful car, fun to drive. The t-tops also leaked at one point. I had the weather stripping replaced. It helps to Armor-All the weather stripping in my opinion. The trunk is weird... you have to sometimes pop the remote twice to get it to open, or it will sometimes not shut properly. I've heard other Camaro owners mention this before, so I don't think it's just my car in particular. The car sits low and is prone to scrape or 'bottom out' on certain surfaces... and you don't want to drive it in the snow. It's not terribly comfortable for passengers, especially the back seats. I love this car and have a lot of great memories with it. Fun for road trips... remove the t-tops, turn up the radio (also makes that workday commute MUCH more enjoyable)."

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I have an '01 convertible. The top only leaks when it is really pooring, but other than that never does. The gas mileage is decent, I get an average of 25 mpg mixed. The car is very difficult to get out of because the seats are low to the ground. The back seats are also hard to get out of and there is no leg room in the back. I find it comfortable for the driver. I don't recommend this car to short people because the hood is long and hard to see over. Half the lights on the stereo don't work and the oil change light is constantly on. even right after an oil change. Because it is so low to the ground, I often hit the bottom of the front end when reaching the bottom of hills, even when going under the speed limit. I absolutely love the looks of the car, but if you live where it snows, I suggest you buy a snow capable car too because it won't get you two feet in two inches of snow. It is a head turner and a fun, great car to have for summer or locations where it does not snow."