1999 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 986 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I have owned this car for 2 years now. They are one of the best vehicles for the money. They are cheaper to buy than mustangs and can wipe the floor with them all day long."

94 Camaro 'ol reliable

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I have NEVER broke down in this car. I changed the oil every 7-10k and it has never given me any trouble. Being a former mechanic I knew when something was starting to go wrong and when to replace certain things. To date: rear end (44k), clutch(90k), driveshaft(150k), front struts(90k), window motors LH:3x RH:once. Other than the basics, this is all I have had to do one this car. All tail lights are still originals. Truly unexpected. This car is tight. You can't throw the family in it for the long trip. It's good for a 1 or 2 person couple. Handles well. Tends to use up tires faster than normal. I still get about 25mpg (Originally rated at 28.) I was sad to see they stopped making this car, but have quickly wised up and reintroduced the model in 09."

Excellent modern muscle car. No regrets owning it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Reason: replaced with Corvette

Pros: "Raw power. Great lines. Looked fast and was."

Cons: "Plastic interior. Electrical probs. Cheap leather."

"Bought new out of dealer's inventory in late 2000. LS1 engine was the same as the Corvette at that time. Tons of power. Despite a set of 2.73 gears for highway economy it ran a respectable best of 13.44 @ 107.43mph at Sacramento Raceway. It knocked down a dependable 20 mpg in a 52 mile round trip commute. Never had a mechanical problem with this car. Some electrical issues. Failed power window motor which I replaced myself. Cracked solder joint on the Body Control Module that killed the radio and the power windows. I also repaired this myself. When I sold it last week everything still worked and it still ran very strong. Only real flaw was some bubbling on the clear coat on the black bar over the roof."

One of the best rides but parts are pricy

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great power, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive upkeep"

"Really reliable car, however, maintenance will end up costing far more than the value of the car"

this is very outstanding

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "t-top and very fast and its real z28"

Cons: "dash is cracked window motors dont work"

"white with blue racing strips.has lt1 corvette engine which is 350 and has 350 turbo transmission with stage 3 shift kit.car is more than fast but needs little work.this car is amazing it has ram air hood but no radio and window motors dont work also only 2 head lights work .THE CAR RUNS VERY STRONG AND HAS DUAL MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST .THANK YOU."

Inexpensive and powerful!

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "great motor, a/c transmition, mechanical wonder"

Cons: "low quality interior"

"this is the first car I have ever bought after 2 hand me downs and it is the best first time decision I have ever made as a sports car/American muscle enthusiast. Bought it for only $4500 at a lot with original rims and great motor and a/c . interior quality is a small sacrifice gm made to compensate for faster acceleration and detailed motor/transmission. I ran it top speed and bust a radiator leak and the temp hit 360 plus and the alloy motor was still intact, had it been aluminum goodbye motor, extremely reliable and fast acceleration, repairs are also cheap since parts are very easily found and mechanic knowledge of this vehicle is extensive"

My Chevy

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I love this car"

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS BEST CAMARO

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "style, confort"

Cons: "the back seat!"

1997 Camaro RS

"I like every inch of my car !!!! I just love how this car turn around heads, how this car have complements from anybody!"

1997 Camaro RS

Pros and Cons

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "VERY fun to drive, attracts a lot of attention"

Cons: "Small back seats"

"The inside of the car is a little smaller than most cars but this is to be expected for sports cars. At six feet tall I am able to to have the leg room needed to drive but have had friends to struggle while getting in and out of the car. The Z28 SS package has plenty of power and is very responsive. The 6 speed manual tranny makes this car fun to drive and easy to become a base model for a racer. The T-top is very nice and attracts a lot of attention. Down side to the car is the rear wheel drive makes this car hard to drive in very heavy rain and impossible to drive in any snow or ice at all. The back seats suffer the same fate as all pony cars back seats: small and offering little leg room and unpractical for a full grown person. All in all: I love this car, they look great, drive great, and sound great. You would be hard-pressed to find a more enjoyable sports car with a lower price tag!"

1994 Z28 Camaro

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive!!"

Cons: "Passanger side window doesn't roll down."

"LS1 Black Camaro. Black Leather interrior. This is my first car and I HATE to get rid of it but I'm trying to start a family and this is not the ideal car for one. I have had it for 6 years and overall its been a great car. I have made a lot of friends just by having this car."