1999 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 983 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Great Car. Mimimal Work needed.

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfty."

Cons: "Passenger Side Window motor"

"I bought my 97 on a used car lot in Cleveland. At first I hated it. I needed to put quite a bit of work into it. However I only paid 3400 for the car. So the dealer probably paid 1100 for it. I put $1300 overall into the car the 5 years I had it. None of the repairs were anything serious. The repairs consisted of tires, tune up, battery, thermostat, brake line, oil changes, fuel filter, serpentine belt and I never got around to it, but it needed a passenger side window motor. THAT IS THE ONLY COMPLAINT you will see on this car, for some reason GM put a weak motor in the passenger side. But in the long run. 4600 bucks for a car that lasts me 5 years running. I am satisfied."

bad design flaw

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "optispark distributor location"

"I've owned my Camaro for 11 years and all I've done is put distributor after distributor into it every 2 years!! Its crazy!! But otherwise the motor is solid for its age and milage."

This thing is a handful

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Super fun, great handling, Great sound system"

Cons: "Disrespect it and it will kill you quick, Bad MPG"

"Truthfully, I would NOT get this car if you want a daily driver, Its peppy with great handling, the v8s are corvette fast, heck even mine is down into the 6 second 0-60. But there are a lot of trade offs, its hard to get into if you are tall like me, There isn't a lot of room once you are in there, the MPG are atrocious (13 consistent for me with constant heavy driving) the car does not like you, if you ignore it even for a few seconds it will run off the road and kill you, PAY ATTENTION WHILE YOU DRIVE. It is a great car and i have driven mine for 2 years everyday, be careful in rain and avoid snow. I love mine and dont let me scare you away from one, just be prepared to own a baby supercar."

My video

My 0 to 100 run, not 100 percent throttle till 2nd gear

Good 2nd car

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"My current Camaro is a '99 Z28 purchased from a repossession auction. Even with 93k miles on it, the car still runs out strong. The LS1 motor has always been solid, holding up well to whatever a normal driver can throw at it. Every time I punch the throttle, I get a little adrenaline rush. If you're easily seduced by the sound of a pushrod V8, this car will get you to do things that your insurance company would cringe over. Now for the problems. Since I've had two of these, I'll just list the commonalities here: The interior is a bad joke. The front-left turn signal keeps burning out for no reason. I wouldn't force anyone (that I like) to sit in the back seat for longer than about 15 minutes. If you drive it in the snow, you will be very sorry. Parking this long, low car can be a frustrating task. It's probably not the best choice if a silky smooth ride is a primary concern. Over rough roads, this car will rattle the fillings out of your teeth. While driving the Camaro, you aren't likely to forget that it's a sports car (ever!). Overall, however, these vehicles are excellent values for their drivetrains alone. The engines respond well to bolt-on components, and will provide years of faithful service even under harsh conditions. If you're looking for a used car with monstrous base power and a tremendous upside, there aren't many better choices at this price point."

Outstanding wheels

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"I ordered this car special in 1994 (1995 model) in the convertible model and "Polo Green" color with tan leather seats..took 4 months to get. But I was not disappointed. I had 2 warranty problems in the early years, fixed without hassle. It is stock except I installed a custom "air foil" to replace the low one on the trunk lid...and had it painted to match the car. This Z28, with the LT1 engine, goes like the wind you feel at 120 mph. The faster it goes, the smoother the ride! No kidding! I know newer models have more horses, but this is more than enough for me! The Kelley Blue book says its worth $8855 at most! Ha! I would not sell this baby for less than I paid for it...about $30,000. Got it for the investment of a truely classic car, and will wait...and have fun doing just that! This car, at 14 years old, is like new and I love it. A big thank you to the Chevy engineers and the guys who put it together!!"