1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 991 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

97 Z28

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I bought my Z28 over five years ago. Man, I saved for two years for the 97 z28. I saw it on Gran Turismo 3 and had to have it. T bar, attitude, and performance. This is what I came to love. I bought it stock and the 0-60 is 5.5 sec(auto), which makes it quicker then the manuel at 5.8. But looking back I would have went with the manuel. Easier to control. Now my car hits 60 in 4.3sec and has around 415hp. Has an upgraded GS Vette suspention, and a few other goodies that set me back around 4g. So heres the thing, try getting a 400+ car for under 11,000. You only have Camaro, firebird, or Mustang for that money. I've owned two mustangs and hands down the Camaro would eat them up and still retain decent gas. It always brings a smile to my face as if I only owned the car a month. This car caught my eye because it could do over 165 stock! The areodynamics make it an idle car for speed freak, but a wild car to those seeking just to be cool. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a second car for weekends or good weather; but not to those seeking an everyday driver. The car feels cumbersome in parking lots, but like a true sports car on the highway. Bless the LT1 and all of its torque. Oh, also to know before you buy is oil leaks are very common and are usally from the manifold and can leak down the engine if parked to long. Still I would 100% recomend this car."

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

V8 performance and great MPG

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I have two Camaros, a 2001 Z28 automatic, and a 2002 Super Sport 6 speed. Both V8's obviously. I've modified both of these to run low 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile and the SS still gets 27 MPG highway."

Looks Performance Reliability

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have had three generations and this one is my favorite. Although only a V6 the performance is great. I needed some decent gas mileage and 24 mpg is pretty good for a sports coupe. The best part of this generation is that it catches peoples eye! Car enthusiasts, Guys, Girls.. and yes.. beware the cops. This is a solid reliable car. Not one of those tinny door rattlers you see out there! It really makes you feel safe and attached to the road. As with all Camaros and most sports cars, comfort is not a focus. The passenger may find it hard on long drives. Forget the backseat.. it is only good for some groceries and a gym bag. I would recommend this car to anyone with a love of the road. As long as its not snowy"

Nothing but LOVE for it.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I have owned this car for over 10 years, It has been nothing but great. Very fast and reliable. It's a beautful car."