1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 991 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Pros and Cons

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "VERY fun to drive, attracts a lot of attention"

Cons: "Small back seats"

"The inside of the car is a little smaller than most cars but this is to be expected for sports cars. At six feet tall I am able to to have the leg room needed to drive but have had friends to struggle while getting in and out of the car. The Z28 SS package has plenty of power and is very responsive. The 6 speed manual tranny makes this car fun to drive and easy to become a base model for a racer. The T-top is very nice and attracts a lot of attention. Down side to the car is the rear wheel drive makes this car hard to drive in very heavy rain and impossible to drive in any snow or ice at all. The back seats suffer the same fate as all pony cars back seats: small and offering little leg room and unpractical for a full grown person. All in all: I love this car, they look great, drive great, and sound great. You would be hard-pressed to find a more enjoyable sports car with a lower price tag!"

1994 Z28 Camaro

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive!!"

Cons: "Passanger side window doesn't roll down."

"LS1 Black Camaro. Black Leather interrior. This is my first car and I HATE to get rid of it but I'm trying to start a family and this is not the ideal car for one. I have had it for 6 years and overall its been a great car. I have made a lot of friends just by having this car."

awesome

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

"good conditions"

Will never sell

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on and find parts. There is great aftermarket support for these cars."

Cons: "Interior is cheaper, cup holders are in bad locations,"

"Have owned this car since I bought it in 2003 w/ 11k in Anchorage. I was 19 at the time and have loved every mile in it. I am 6,3" and have never had an issue with head clearance or leg room. I can even sit in the back of it with out my head hitting the roof. I normally get lower back aches in a car during long trips but I have never had that issue while owning the car. I have had little to no issues with the car mechanically. The few issues I have had were more due to the abuse I put it through racing. Since 2010 this car has been used as a race car and sees very little street use. The motor is still going stong. It has a new cam, Intake, and heads and now makes about 460 to the wheels. I have ran it with the stock clutch and rear end the whole time with no issues."

sweet

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"buy one and you will not regret it, rather its a 93 or and 02 over all an awesome machine for the money. Get almost the performance of a corvette for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention put 1,000 into the engine and then you will perform like a ferrari (no joke) ive got a cammed out 02 ss and have come across a 360 modena and it didnt hold a candle too my car until i got traction. So overall great car for the money."

97 Z28

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I bought my Z28 over five years ago. Man, I saved for two years for the 97 z28. I saw it on Gran Turismo 3 and had to have it. T bar, attitude, and performance. This is what I came to love. I bought it stock and the 0-60 is 5.5 sec(auto), which makes it quicker then the manuel at 5.8. But looking back I would have went with the manuel. Easier to control. Now my car hits 60 in 4.3sec and has around 415hp. Has an upgraded GS Vette suspention, and a few other goodies that set me back around 4g. So heres the thing, try getting a 400+ car for under 11,000. You only have Camaro, firebird, or Mustang for that money. I've owned two mustangs and hands down the Camaro would eat them up and still retain decent gas. It always brings a smile to my face as if I only owned the car a month. This car caught my eye because it could do over 165 stock! The areodynamics make it an idle car for speed freak, but a wild car to those seeking just to be cool. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a second car for weekends or good weather; but not to those seeking an everyday driver. The car feels cumbersome in parking lots, but like a true sports car on the highway. Bless the LT1 and all of its torque. Oh, also to know before you buy is oil leaks are very common and are usally from the manifold and can leak down the engine if parked to long. Still I would 100% recomend this car."

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

V8 performance and great MPG

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I have two Camaros, a 2001 Z28 automatic, and a 2002 Super Sport 6 speed. Both V8's obviously. I've modified both of these to run low 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile and the SS still gets 27 MPG highway."

Looks Performance Reliability

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have had three generations and this one is my favorite. Although only a V6 the performance is great. I needed some decent gas mileage and 24 mpg is pretty good for a sports coupe. The best part of this generation is that it catches peoples eye! Car enthusiasts, Guys, Girls.. and yes.. beware the cops. This is a solid reliable car. Not one of those tinny door rattlers you see out there! It really makes you feel safe and attached to the road. As with all Camaros and most sports cars, comfort is not a focus. The passenger may find it hard on long drives. Forget the backseat.. it is only good for some groceries and a gym bag. I would recommend this car to anyone with a love of the road. As long as its not snowy"

Nothing but LOVE for it.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I have owned this car for over 10 years, It has been nothing but great. Very fast and reliable. It's a beautful car."