1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 986 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

awesome

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

"good conditions"

Will never sell

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on and find parts. There is great aftermarket support for these cars."

Cons: "Interior is cheaper, cup holders are in bad locations,"

"Have owned this car since I bought it in 2003 w/ 11k in Anchorage. I was 19 at the time and have loved every mile in it. I am 6,3" and have never had an issue with head clearance or leg room. I can even sit in the back of it with out my head hitting the roof. I normally get lower back aches in a car during long trips but I have never had that issue while owning the car. I have had little to no issues with the car mechanically. The few issues I have had were more due to the abuse I put it through racing. Since 2010 this car has been used as a race car and sees very little street use. The motor is still going stong. It has a new cam, Intake, and heads and now makes about 460 to the wheels. I have ran it with the stock clutch and rear end the whole time with no issues."

sweet

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"buy one and you will not regret it, rather its a 93 or and 02 over all an awesome machine for the money. Get almost the performance of a corvette for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention put 1,000 into the engine and then you will perform like a ferrari (no joke) ive got a cammed out 02 ss and have come across a 360 modena and it didnt hold a candle too my car until i got traction. So overall great car for the money."

97 Z28

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I bought my Z28 over five years ago. Man, I saved for two years for the 97 z28. I saw it on Gran Turismo 3 and had to have it. T bar, attitude, and performance. This is what I came to love. I bought it stock and the 0-60 is 5.5 sec(auto), which makes it quicker then the manuel at 5.8. But looking back I would have went with the manuel. Easier to control. Now my car hits 60 in 4.3sec and has around 415hp. Has an upgraded GS Vette suspention, and a few other goodies that set me back around 4g. So heres the thing, try getting a 400+ car for under 11,000. You only have Camaro, firebird, or Mustang for that money. I've owned two mustangs and hands down the Camaro would eat them up and still retain decent gas. It always brings a smile to my face as if I only owned the car a month. This car caught my eye because it could do over 165 stock! The areodynamics make it an idle car for speed freak, but a wild car to those seeking just to be cool. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a second car for weekends or good weather; but not to those seeking an everyday driver. The car feels cumbersome in parking lots, but like a true sports car on the highway. Bless the LT1 and all of its torque. Oh, also to know before you buy is oil leaks are very common and are usally from the manifold and can leak down the engine if parked to long. Still I would 100% recomend this car."

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

V8 performance and great MPG

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I have two Camaros, a 2001 Z28 automatic, and a 2002 Super Sport 6 speed. Both V8's obviously. I've modified both of these to run low 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile and the SS still gets 27 MPG highway."

Looks Performance Reliability

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"I have had three generations and this one is my favorite. Although only a V6 the performance is great. I needed some decent gas mileage and 24 mpg is pretty good for a sports coupe. The best part of this generation is that it catches peoples eye! Car enthusiasts, Guys, Girls.. and yes.. beware the cops. This is a solid reliable car. Not one of those tinny door rattlers you see out there! It really makes you feel safe and attached to the road. As with all Camaros and most sports cars, comfort is not a focus. The passenger may find it hard on long drives. Forget the backseat.. it is only good for some groceries and a gym bag. I would recommend this car to anyone with a love of the road. As long as its not snowy"

Nothing but LOVE for it.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I have owned this car for over 10 years, It has been nothing but great. Very fast and reliable. It's a beautful car."

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"Parts are expensive. We've replaced window motors several times. But every car has to have parts replaced. Other than that its been a great car for the 10 years we've owned it. Never had any major mechanical problems."

They don't make 'em like this anymore

By on Saturday, May 16, 2009

"I bought this car in 1994 when I was 20 yrs old. Here it is 15 years later and I am still driving this same car. This is the absolute best purchase I have ever made. Still runs like a top, it's great on gas, dependable, handles like it was manufactured for Daytona and overall just a great car. Only one word to describe it....QUALITY. GM did an outstanding job with this one. Fact is...cars are not made like this anymore. I would still not hesitate to take this car on a cross country trip. It has 193,000 miles and not one major problem since the purchase date. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I am obviously attached to it."