1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 985 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Excellent modern muscle car. No regrets owning it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Reason: replaced with Corvette

Pros: "Raw power. Great lines. Looked fast and was."

Cons: "Plastic interior. Electrical probs. Cheap leather."

"Bought new out of dealer's inventory in late 2000. LS1 engine was the same as the Corvette at that time. Tons of power. Despite a set of 2.73 gears for highway economy it ran a respectable best of 13.44 @ 107.43mph at Sacramento Raceway. It knocked down a dependable 20 mpg in a 52 mile round trip commute. Never had a mechanical problem with this car. Some electrical issues. Failed power window motor which I replaced myself. Cracked solder joint on the Body Control Module that killed the radio and the power windows. I also repaired this myself. When I sold it last week everything still worked and it still ran very strong. Only real flaw was some bubbling on the clear coat on the black bar over the roof."

One of the best rides but parts are pricy

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great power, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive upkeep"

"Really reliable car, however, maintenance will end up costing far more than the value of the car"

this is very outstanding

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "t-top and very fast and its real z28"

Cons: "dash is cracked window motors dont work"

"white with blue racing strips.has lt1 corvette engine which is 350 and has 350 turbo transmission with stage 3 shift kit.car is more than fast but needs little work.this car is amazing it has ram air hood but no radio and window motors dont work also only 2 head lights work .THE CAR RUNS VERY STRONG AND HAS DUAL MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST .THANK YOU."

Inexpensive and powerful!

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "great motor, a/c transmition, mechanical wonder"

Cons: "low quality interior"

"this is the first car I have ever bought after 2 hand me downs and it is the best first time decision I have ever made as a sports car/American muscle enthusiast. Bought it for only $4500 at a lot with original rims and great motor and a/c . interior quality is a small sacrifice gm made to compensate for faster acceleration and detailed motor/transmission. I ran it top speed and bust a radiator leak and the temp hit 360 plus and the alloy motor was still intact, had it been aluminum goodbye motor, extremely reliable and fast acceleration, repairs are also cheap since parts are very easily found and mechanic knowledge of this vehicle is extensive"

My Chevy

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

"I love this car"

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS BEST CAMARO

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "style, confort"

Cons: "the back seat!"

1997 Camaro RS

"I like every inch of my car !!!! I just love how this car turn around heads, how this car have complements from anybody!"

1997 Camaro RS

Pros and Cons

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "VERY fun to drive, attracts a lot of attention"

Cons: "Small back seats"

"The inside of the car is a little smaller than most cars but this is to be expected for sports cars. At six feet tall I am able to to have the leg room needed to drive but have had friends to struggle while getting in and out of the car. The Z28 SS package has plenty of power and is very responsive. The 6 speed manual tranny makes this car fun to drive and easy to become a base model for a racer. The T-top is very nice and attracts a lot of attention. Down side to the car is the rear wheel drive makes this car hard to drive in very heavy rain and impossible to drive in any snow or ice at all. The back seats suffer the same fate as all pony cars back seats: small and offering little leg room and unpractical for a full grown person. All in all: I love this car, they look great, drive great, and sound great. You would be hard-pressed to find a more enjoyable sports car with a lower price tag!"

1994 Z28 Camaro

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive!!"

Cons: "Passanger side window doesn't roll down."

"LS1 Black Camaro. Black Leather interrior. This is my first car and I HATE to get rid of it but I'm trying to start a family and this is not the ideal car for one. I have had it for 6 years and overall its been a great car. I have made a lot of friends just by having this car."

awesome

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

"good conditions"

Will never sell

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on and find parts. There is great aftermarket support for these cars."

Cons: "Interior is cheaper, cup holders are in bad locations,"

"Have owned this car since I bought it in 2003 w/ 11k in Anchorage. I was 19 at the time and have loved every mile in it. I am 6,3" and have never had an issue with head clearance or leg room. I can even sit in the back of it with out my head hitting the roof. I normally get lower back aches in a car during long trips but I have never had that issue while owning the car. I have had little to no issues with the car mechanically. The few issues I have had were more due to the abuse I put it through racing. Since 2010 this car has been used as a race car and sees very little street use. The motor is still going stong. It has a new cam, Intake, and heads and now makes about 460 to the wheels. I have ran it with the stock clutch and rear end the whole time with no issues."

sweet

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"buy one and you will not regret it, rather its a 93 or and 02 over all an awesome machine for the money. Get almost the performance of a corvette for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention put 1,000 into the engine and then you will perform like a ferrari (no joke) ive got a cammed out 02 ss and have come across a 360 modena and it didnt hold a candle too my car until i got traction. So overall great car for the money."

97 Z28

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I bought my Z28 over five years ago. Man, I saved for two years for the 97 z28. I saw it on Gran Turismo 3 and had to have it. T bar, attitude, and performance. This is what I came to love. I bought it stock and the 0-60 is 5.5 sec(auto), which makes it quicker then the manuel at 5.8. But looking back I would have went with the manuel. Easier to control. Now my car hits 60 in 4.3sec and has around 415hp. Has an upgraded GS Vette suspention, and a few other goodies that set me back around 4g. So heres the thing, try getting a 400+ car for under 11,000. You only have Camaro, firebird, or Mustang for that money. I've owned two mustangs and hands down the Camaro would eat them up and still retain decent gas. It always brings a smile to my face as if I only owned the car a month. This car caught my eye because it could do over 165 stock! The areodynamics make it an idle car for speed freak, but a wild car to those seeking just to be cool. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a second car for weekends or good weather; but not to those seeking an everyday driver. The car feels cumbersome in parking lots, but like a true sports car on the highway. Bless the LT1 and all of its torque. Oh, also to know before you buy is oil leaks are very common and are usally from the manifold and can leak down the engine if parked to long. Still I would 100% recomend this car."

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

V8 performance and great MPG

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I have two Camaros, a 2001 Z28 automatic, and a 2002 Super Sport 6 speed. Both V8's obviously. I've modified both of these to run low 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile and the SS still gets 27 MPG highway."

Looks Performance Reliability

By on Saturday, June 06, 2009

"I have had three generations and this one is my favorite. Although only a V6 the performance is great. I needed some decent gas mileage and 24 mpg is pretty good for a sports coupe. The best part of this generation is that it catches peoples eye! Car enthusiasts, Guys, Girls.. and yes.. beware the cops. This is a solid reliable car. Not one of those tinny door rattlers you see out there! It really makes you feel safe and attached to the road. As with all Camaros and most sports cars, comfort is not a focus. The passenger may find it hard on long drives. Forget the backseat.. it is only good for some groceries and a gym bag. I would recommend this car to anyone with a love of the road. As long as its not snowy"

Nothing but LOVE for it.

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I have owned this car for over 10 years, It has been nothing but great. Very fast and reliable. It's a beautful car."

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"Parts are expensive. We've replaced window motors several times. But every car has to have parts replaced. Other than that its been a great car for the 10 years we've owned it. Never had any major mechanical problems."

They don't make 'em like this anymore

By on Saturday, May 16, 2009

"I bought this car in 1994 when I was 20 yrs old. Here it is 15 years later and I am still driving this same car. This is the absolute best purchase I have ever made. Still runs like a top, it's great on gas, dependable, handles like it was manufactured for Daytona and overall just a great car. Only one word to describe it....QUALITY. GM did an outstanding job with this one. Fact is...cars are not made like this anymore. I would still not hesitate to take this car on a cross country trip. It has 193,000 miles and not one major problem since the purchase date. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I am obviously attached to it."

My Almost Repo Special

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"My son was in college with too many bills, including the payment on the Camero. When the repo truck showed up I decided I might just like to own this car myself (his mother). I paid the powerhouse off and have been the proud owner for the last three years. The car has been modified, reprogrammed and man is it fast. Since I live in Michigan it makes it's debue Memorial weekend and is tucked away after September. The car has never failed me. When I'm filling with premium I get the comments. She looks and runs like new. I wouldn't be afraid to drive this car to either coast."

Awesome

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"This is the second one I have owned! Awesome car! Quick for a 6 cylinder! Add a cold air intake and it makes a world of difference! Not bad on gas! Nice cruising car!"

I love my Camaro!

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"I'm a proud Camaro owner! I bought this car brand new & customized some aspects of it as well. Its such a kick to drive.It came with everything,including the Premium sound system,interior,wheels,etc. I would like to upgrade the speakers now,and I need some new floor mats. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing.I love the nice rumble of it! It's a gorgeous black, and I had a thin hand painted metallic silver pinstrip placed down both sides that flip up towards the rear spoiler. I also had them professionally tint the windows. All that Camaro glass can make the interior extremely hot inside, so that has been a lifesaver to my interior,though I do garage it 99 percent of the time. Yes, It's an eye catcher! I have only good things to say about it's performance and reliability. I get compliments on it all the time. It's hard to keep clean because it is a darker color, but so worth it. I actually had someone ask me yesterday if my car "was the new Camaro?" that was coming out? LOL. I had just shined her up! It still looks almost as pretty as it did when I pulled it out of the dealership's lot. There is a certain pride in owning a Camaro.I wouldn't compare it to the vette and wish I owned the vette instead. Both are great cars for their own specific reasons! I love my Camaro,and I love it because that's what it is. I hope I will have this car when I'm very old. I will still drive down the road feeling like I'm 17. There's nothing better than owning a part of America's car history and heritage. Yes, I'm a girl that's proud to own her Camaro!"

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

its the chizain

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"this car is awsome its really fast too. handles better than any other car ive driven and looks how modern muscle cars should look."

Know why they don't make 'em anymore...

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"Our car is a 2002 Z28 that was made in August 2002. It is a pretty car and will turn heads wherever you go. It will absolutely scream and is much faster than most everything else on the road. However, it constantly has something wrong with it, from the minor to the semi-major (we've gotten to be on a first name basis with the local Chevy Service Manager), rides like a pick up truck, has very uncomfortable seats, no room, squeaks, moans and groans going down the road, and is almost impossible for my wife to get in and out of in a dignified manner while wearing a dress. Overall it's been a OK car but my recommendation is to buy one as a second or third car that can be a toy for the weekends. Drive something more reliable and easier to live with day to day as your primary transportation. I hope the new version of the Camaro is a better quality product and easier to live with day to day."

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"I've had my '97 Z28 for a little over 6 years now, and I absolutely love it. This car is very fast, the acceleration is unbelievable, really flies off the line. Pure American muscle, nothing better. The handling and cornering is exceptional as well. Its very comfortable also. Gets good gas mileage for a powerful V8. I have a few modifications done, cold air intake, performance brakes- cross-drilled and slotted rotors and bigger calipers, computer chip, and a Borla loud-mouth exhaust. This car looks, sounds and performs great. Its a real head turner, especially with the Borla exhaust. Mine has just over 100,000 miles and I have had no problems with it at all. Only time it has been in the shop is just for routine maintenance. I noticed some reviews that said they have had problems with their car, engine etc. I would have to say that their issues must be the result of not taking care of the car properly and/or not servicing it regularly. I've taken good care of mine and it has taken good of me. No complaints. Overall the Camaro is a fantastic car and i would recommend it to anyone interested in a fast, reliable, beautiful sports car. Excellent Car!!"