1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 976 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

I love this car it is very dependable sleek look

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "Always starts good on gas looks great fun to drive"

Cons: "never home always out in car"

"I can say nothing bad about my 1994 chevy."

Good durable vehicle

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Cheap and rugged"

Cons: "Fuel pump access and resonance from the s-belt."

"My 1994 Camaro V6 was bought used on 12/2013 with 5439 miles from a collector in Ohio for $6500. I have also owned a '76 V8 Camaro and a '92 V6 Camaro. After the cops ran into the '76, it was sold following repair. Only problem was a front wheel bearing failure with in 90,000 miles. I sold the '92 to my son who still owns it with 275,000 miles and going strong. There were issues with the ignition system, radiator fan sequencing, and corrosion of the engine core plugs. After purchase, I drove my '94 Camaro back to Texas with a howling fuel pump. As long as the tank was full no problem. Finally, the pump failed at 11,635 miles and had the fuel pump replaced at a Chevie dealer in Dallas on 4/3/15 for $859.88 including tax. The dealership tried to rip me off for $1100 initially. The pump was an AC Delco original. I have run cross country non stop for as high as 921 miles in less than 15 hours and my 5'9" 220lb. frame felt good despite running north and south road in Oklahoma. Mileage is no the best at only 25mpg; but I don't care about cost because of the low cost vehicle. I've replace the original tires and spark plugs. Plug replacement is easy on the left side but the right side with alternator bracing and the funky EGR valve is a challenge. Next time I am going to try plug changes from the bottom on the right side. Compared to my '97 TBird and my '15 Fusion, the car is really a cheap, crude, noisy rugged vehicle with a harsh ride on Houston "streets"! I am a retired mechanical engineer and wrench all my automobiles. Had this pump failed near home, I would have replaced it myself."

Slick and pretty but not dependable

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Sporty, Low to the ground, cheap"

Cons: "Interior, dependability, gas mileage"

"I owned a '95 Automatic Chevy Camaro, 3.4 L. Do not expect to get any more than 22 miles to the gallon in this car. In my experience with the automatic, you'll average right around 20 mpg. This was my first car and it was already higher miles when I got it. Got it at 150,000 miles and wrecked it at 166,000- bear that in mind as you read further. Overall it was a pretty good car, but it left me stranded several times. It wasn't uncommon for it to have trouble starting in the mornings and then start up right away once I got home from work. It also had a pretty bad oil leak towards the end of it's career (as F body's usually do). Don't be surprised if it has a small leak if you buy it. Even the ones inspected and sold at a dealer may have a leak within your first month or two of driving it. If you're looking to buy one of these used they're almost all high miles these days, so you can expect there to be some cosmetic issues. On mine the seal around the driver-side door was toast, and the door would drop down an inch or two when it was opened. The interior was very worn and didn't hold up very well, but again, some of that is simply because they've been around for 20 years. My advice, buy it if you can get it cheap! Be careful if you're buying a '96 or '97 though, because the "Opti-Spark" on those models are extremely touchy and likely to leave you stranded once in a while if it rains. I bought mine for $2,000 and I'd say it was a good deal."

Fast, economical, fun to drive, very reliable

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "see review"

"I've driven this car for 15 years. A/C compressor and clutch slave cylinder replaced under warranty. Another clutch slave replaced by me at 110,000 miles (it's weak point). Replaced the clutch at the same time, it was only about half worn. Great car to drive cross country, I CONSECUTIVELY got 31+ miles per gallon before they started putting ethanol in the fuel. It has the L1E (?) package which I love. Quiet on the highway. BUT... it has the ugliest interior in the world, bland, flat battle ship gray fabric trimmed in bland flat battle ship gray plastic and bland flat battleship gray vinyl. Ugly and flat."

Power, Handling, Acceleration, smooth looks. Z28!

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Great acceleration, tight steering, best car ever"

Cons: "Plastic interior, made in Canada, not US."

"In its early days it was a high horsepower car compared to what else was out there. It still will out-accelerate a lot of wannabe racers who think they are going to get in front of the old car as they try to pass on the right. Uh... No...think again."

Great car, has needed repairs, but still great!

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Looks cool, sounds cool, accelerates fast"

Cons: "Old, needs maitenance frequently, bad turn radius"

"Got this for my first car ~8 years ago, it has neeeded its fair share of repairs, but always got me from point A to point B. Still a great car, needs a reapir to its front right wheel however."

One of the best rides but parts are pricy

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great power, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive upkeep"

"Really reliable car, however, maintenance will end up costing far more than the value of the car"

Fast

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Fast & Sporty"

Cons: "Cheap body & interior"

"OK to play with"

My favorite car ever!!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive -better than corvette!"

Cons: "Very low profile if that's a problem for you."

"I love this car! It's easy to drive, reliable, extremely maneuverable besides being just a joy to drive. After all these years I still get great gas mileage for the moves I put it through every day...27 highway and about 22 street. I'm constantly pushing it to the limits and it has responded with zeal! My husband is a Chevrolet mechanic (for over 40 years) and keeps it in top shape and running condition. I've had some major work done on it recently (as needed of course) by Chevrolet guys and it's amazing that it still will respond just like when it was new! I will keep it for awhile longer before I can sell though. Tough to let go of my best buddy after all these years."

Excellent condition

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"Excellent condition in and out."