1998 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 985 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance and Handling"

Cons: "Gas milage and Brakes"

"This car has been wonderful i have owned the car for a couple years with no big problems besides being a daily driver and need to keep up on the maintenance. Pros - Great performance easy to maintain and very reliable. Cons - Gas mileage and if you plan on driving this car a lot be ready to get good brakes and keep up on tires."

with 192000 miles this car still shreds everywhere

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "fast, fun, loud"

Cons: "to many people want to race!"

"for the mileage and year of this car i could never ever complain one little bit about it. its so much fun and stylish i love it to death. wouldnt ever think twice about buying another"

Reliable, Cheap and Fast

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Great performance, reliable, good highway mileage"

Cons: "Chevrolet - It's cheap, creaks, rattles, etc"

"Owned this car 6 years and have loved every moment. I've added a few things along the way and drive it year round. With good all seasons I handle every snow storm with ease and my 50mile daily commute is enjoyable. The car runs high 12s at the local 1/4 mile track and pulls 25mpg average during my weekly commute. 150,000 miles later and I have a very short list of things that have been replaced (tires, brakes, clutch, starter and fuel pump). Aside from brakes and tires all of the other repairs have occurred in the 120,000 mile timeframe. Been an absolutely great car and the LS1 is still proving itself to be a solid engine."

Sweet sports car!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun car with plenty of power"

Cons: "...none"

"This is a good looking sports car, fast and a blast to drive with the v8 engine and six speed manual transmission. Take the ttops off and even more thrilling ride."

I LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "mpg, fun to drive, great handling, easy to care for"

"I'm a 6'1 guy that usually has a hard time fiting into a low profile car like camaro convirtibles, but this car fits great. My 5'4" wife loves driving it too. Our gas milage is better than expected, and the V6 power blew us away. I'm used to V8, but the MPG was horrible, so now we have the cool style, and the 25 MPG. Have 110,000, no issues at all."

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

By on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pros: "Always get compliments on it!!!"

"Nothing bad to say about it! Always wintered in heated garage, just use her in summer months. The best car I've ever owned. Handles beautifully!!! Absolutely love it!"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"I have owned this 1995 Camaro for 5 years. I bought it for 1000 dollars with over 150,000 miles on it. The 3.4L V6 is still running strong to this day with over 240,000 miles on the stock motor. Doesn't leak any fluids or hesitate in any way. Comfort is no fun at all on long trips but gets very respectful gas mileage on the highway. If you are looking for a car to last a while on a budget, I would recomend this car to you. But if you like something comfortable after a few hours on a road trip, then don't get this car."

awesome camaro

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"This is not my first camaro though it is my first v6. I still own my car after ten years and shes still running strong. Plenty of muscle for just a v6 with something like 277hp. only flaw i can think of is there is a lot of weight from door so puts alot of stress on door handle that has a minor crack in it but barely noticable. I love my car regret having to sell it but i now have a wife and three kids and we cant all fit at once due to bucket seating."

Great Car for Summer

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Mine is 2002 V6 35TH anniversary edition w/ t-tops. So far just under 160,000 miles on it. It seems as the car has aged, the sensors tend to go out... this has happened twice. It was still under warranty when this happened. Last year, when it was 6 years old, the power steering and some other stuff had to be fixed among typical routine maintenance such as brakes, etc. The power steering plus other miscellaneous things (I think one of the things was also the rear differential?) on that one repair bill was like $2,000. It ran beautifully for about 12 months until just this week, actually... when it stalled at an intersection. This time it was the fuel pump. To have the fuel pump and the filter replaced, $1075. Mostly labor costs, as it's pretty time consuming and difficult to get to, they say. Overall, I have a sentimental attachment to this car. I love it. I think I've taken good care of it, and it's just getting to the age/mileage where stuff is tearing up on it. But now that it's been paid off, the repairs are definitely cheaper than replacing Camaro with another car and having a payment. It's a beautiful car, fun to drive. The t-tops also leaked at one point. I had the weather stripping replaced. It helps to Armor-All the weather stripping in my opinion. The trunk is weird... you have to sometimes pop the remote twice to get it to open, or it will sometimes not shut properly. I've heard other Camaro owners mention this before, so I don't think it's just my car in particular. The car sits low and is prone to scrape or 'bottom out' on certain surfaces... and you don't want to drive it in the snow. It's not terribly comfortable for passengers, especially the back seats. I love this car and have a lot of great memories with it. Fun for road trips... remove the t-tops, turn up the radio (also makes that workday commute MUCH more enjoyable)."

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I have an '01 convertible. The top only leaks when it is really pooring, but other than that never does. The gas mileage is decent, I get an average of 25 mpg mixed. The car is very difficult to get out of because the seats are low to the ground. The back seats are also hard to get out of and there is no leg room in the back. I find it comfortable for the driver. I don't recommend this car to short people because the hood is long and hard to see over. Half the lights on the stereo don't work and the oil change light is constantly on. even right after an oil change. Because it is so low to the ground, I often hit the bottom of the front end when reaching the bottom of hills, even when going under the speed limit. I absolutely love the looks of the car, but if you live where it snows, I suggest you buy a snow capable car too because it won't get you two feet in two inches of snow. It is a head turner and a fun, great car to have for summer or locations where it does not snow."