1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 991 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Teens dream

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Stick shift, T-Tops, Speed and acceleration"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"I have had this car for just over a year. I was nervous to get this as a first car because of the stick but now I love to drive the stick in this car. It doesn't get the best mpg around 18. In the last year i have had to replace the clutch pressure plate and fuel pump but these are the first major repairs that the car has had in its life time. If you get one with T-tops it is one of the funnest things to drive around in. The car has many aftermarket parts that you can get to enhance the performance and make it sound like a beast."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance and Handling"

Cons: "Gas milage and Brakes"

"This car has been wonderful i have owned the car for a couple years with no big problems besides being a daily driver and need to keep up on the maintenance. Pros - Great performance easy to maintain and very reliable. Cons - Gas mileage and if you plan on driving this car a lot be ready to get good brakes and keep up on tires."

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

By on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pros: "Always get compliments on it!!!"

"Nothing bad to say about it! Always wintered in heated garage, just use her in summer months. The best car I've ever owned. Handles beautifully!!! Absolutely love it!"

This is the perfect car

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas"

Cons: "i prefer halo headlights"

"This car is comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas, it's very fast, and last but not least wont cost you an arm and a leg for insurance."

Raw power, very reliable

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Power, Performance, Reliablity, Price, Style"

Cons: "Water intrusion,"

"Got my Z/28 with 64k miles has 186k, still runs very strong and very reliable. Easy and affordable to add more power. Not a car for a first time sports car owner, unless you do research on the power of these cars. You will need good rear tires as with any sports car. The rubber transmission mount will need replacment with a polyurethane or you will replace them a lot. They made the motor very hefty and the transmission is reliable just don't punish it too much, i did and do. I replaced my transmission at 75k miles, remanufactored chevy transmission still going strong after 100k on transmission. I have never failed a smog inspection and im second owner so i know this car in its life has yet to fail a smog test.With the t-top you will see water get into the interior when it rains not a big deal as not much water goes in. Affordable Muscle car, lots of fun."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I have owned this 1995 Camaro for 5 years. I bought it for 1000 dollars with over 150,000 miles on it. The 3.4L V6 is still running strong to this day with over 240,000 miles on the stock motor. Doesn't leak any fluids or hesitate in any way. Comfort is no fun at all on long trips but gets very respectful gas mileage on the highway. If you are looking for a car to last a while on a budget, I would recomend this car to you. But if you like something comfortable after a few hours on a road trip, then don't get this car."

Great Car for Summer

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Mine is 2002 V6 35TH anniversary edition w/ t-tops. So far just under 160,000 miles on it. It seems as the car has aged, the sensors tend to go out... this has happened twice. It was still under warranty when this happened. Last year, when it was 6 years old, the power steering and some other stuff had to be fixed among typical routine maintenance such as brakes, etc. The power steering plus other miscellaneous things (I think one of the things was also the rear differential?) on that one repair bill was like $2,000. It ran beautifully for about 12 months until just this week, actually... when it stalled at an intersection. This time it was the fuel pump. To have the fuel pump and the filter replaced, $1075. Mostly labor costs, as it's pretty time consuming and difficult to get to, they say. Overall, I have a sentimental attachment to this car. I love it. I think I've taken good care of it, and it's just getting to the age/mileage where stuff is tearing up on it. But now that it's been paid off, the repairs are definitely cheaper than replacing Camaro with another car and having a payment. It's a beautiful car, fun to drive. The t-tops also leaked at one point. I had the weather stripping replaced. It helps to Armor-All the weather stripping in my opinion. The trunk is weird... you have to sometimes pop the remote twice to get it to open, or it will sometimes not shut properly. I've heard other Camaro owners mention this before, so I don't think it's just my car in particular. The car sits low and is prone to scrape or 'bottom out' on certain surfaces... and you don't want to drive it in the snow. It's not terribly comfortable for passengers, especially the back seats. I love this car and have a lot of great memories with it. Fun for road trips... remove the t-tops, turn up the radio (also makes that workday commute MUCH more enjoyable)."

By on Sunday, December 7, 2008

"I have an '01 convertible. The top only leaks when it is really pooring, but other than that never does. The gas mileage is decent, I get an average of 25 mpg mixed. The car is very difficult to get out of because the seats are low to the ground. The back seats are also hard to get out of and there is no leg room in the back. I find it comfortable for the driver. I don't recommend this car to short people because the hood is long and hard to see over. Half the lights on the stereo don't work and the oil change light is constantly on. even right after an oil change. Because it is so low to the ground, I often hit the bottom of the front end when reaching the bottom of hills, even when going under the speed limit. I absolutely love the looks of the car, but if you live where it snows, I suggest you buy a snow capable car too because it won't get you two feet in two inches of snow. It is a head turner and a fun, great car to have for summer or locations where it does not snow."

never buy another car

By on Friday, August 29, 2008

"i currently own 3 camaros. a 96 rs, 3.8l, 5-speed, mostly suspension, cold-air, exhaust, etc. 95 z-28, minor bolt-ons, every dealer option imaginable. 95 rs, 3.8l, auto, 9 psi supercharger, custom true dual exhaust, full SLP suspension kit, bear brakes, etc. the only cars i have owned since i started driving have been camaros. they are the best cars ever made. i enjoy all american muscle cars from the late 60's on up. after i bought my 87 IROC camaro i got the bug. i have owned 4 in my lifetime and still have three. i have never had any problems aside from basic maintanance and tune-ups. spark plugs are extremely hard to change but all in all pretty easy to work on once you get the hang of it. these cars are cheap enough now that you can get comfort, performance, and sleek, good looks for under five grand. i wouldnt go for a Z28 as a first car due to driver inexperience but definately a 96 or later with the 3.8l. the only downside is if you happen to find one with the 3.4l try and stay away from it. they make almost no power and really arent one of gm's better motors. other than that go out and get one. cant wait till the new one comes out, ill be on the list."

Nice car

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I bought this car used 5 years ago and it has been more than worth the money. For the price, you will not find a better sports car."

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I have owned this car for 2 years now. They are one of the best vehicles for the money. They are cheaper to buy than mustangs and can wipe the floor with them all day long."

94 Camaro 'ol reliable

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I have NEVER broke down in this car. I changed the oil every 7-10k and it has never given me any trouble. Being a former mechanic I knew when something was starting to go wrong and when to replace certain things. To date: rear end (44k), clutch(90k), driveshaft(150k), front struts(90k), window motors LH:3x RH:once. Other than the basics, this is all I have had to do one this car. All tail lights are still originals. Truly unexpected. This car is tight. You can't throw the family in it for the long trip. It's good for a 1 or 2 person couple. Handles well. Tends to use up tires faster than normal. I still get about 25mpg (Originally rated at 28.) I was sad to see they stopped making this car, but have quickly wised up and reintroduced the model in 09."

Nice car

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"I've had this car for 14 years since ordered new (94 Z28/6spd) Only put 35,000 miles on it so far. I've had a few issues. Igition, starter, pw motor and some small things. Overall a pretty decent car, great value and fun to drive."

Excellent modern muscle car. No regrets owning it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Reason: replaced with Corvette

Pros: "Raw power. Great lines. Looked fast and was."

Cons: "Plastic interior. Electrical probs. Cheap leather."

"Bought new out of dealer's inventory in late 2000. LS1 engine was the same as the Corvette at that time. Tons of power. Despite a set of 2.73 gears for highway economy it ran a respectable best of 13.44 @ 107.43mph at Sacramento Raceway. It knocked down a dependable 20 mpg in a 52 mile round trip commute. Never had a mechanical problem with this car. Some electrical issues. Failed power window motor which I replaced myself. Cracked solder joint on the Body Control Module that killed the radio and the power windows. I also repaired this myself. When I sold it last week everything still worked and it still ran very strong. Only real flaw was some bubbling on the clear coat on the black bar over the roof."

One of the best rides but parts are pricy

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, great power, comfortable"

Cons: "Expensive upkeep"

"Really reliable car, however, maintenance will end up costing far more than the value of the car"

this is very outstanding

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "t-top and very fast and its real z28"

Cons: "dash is cracked window motors dont work"

"white with blue racing strips.has lt1 corvette engine which is 350 and has 350 turbo transmission with stage 3 shift kit.car is more than fast but needs little work.this car is amazing it has ram air hood but no radio and window motors dont work also only 2 head lights work .THE CAR RUNS VERY STRONG AND HAS DUAL MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST .THANK YOU."

Inexpensive and powerful!

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "great motor, a/c transmition, mechanical wonder"

Cons: "low quality interior"

"this is the first car I have ever bought after 2 hand me downs and it is the best first time decision I have ever made as a sports car/American muscle enthusiast. Bought it for only $4500 at a lot with original rims and great motor and a/c . interior quality is a small sacrifice gm made to compensate for faster acceleration and detailed motor/transmission. I ran it top speed and bust a radiator leak and the temp hit 360 plus and the alloy motor was still intact, had it been aluminum goodbye motor, extremely reliable and fast acceleration, repairs are also cheap since parts are very easily found and mechanic knowledge of this vehicle is extensive"

My Chevy

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"I love this car"

1997 Chevrolet Camaro RS BEST CAMARO

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "style, confort"

Cons: "the back seat!"

1997 Camaro RS

"I like every inch of my car !!!! I just love how this car turn around heads, how this car have complements from anybody!"

1997 Camaro RS

Pros and Cons

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "VERY fun to drive, attracts a lot of attention"

Cons: "Small back seats"

"The inside of the car is a little smaller than most cars but this is to be expected for sports cars. At six feet tall I am able to to have the leg room needed to drive but have had friends to struggle while getting in and out of the car. The Z28 SS package has plenty of power and is very responsive. The 6 speed manual tranny makes this car fun to drive and easy to become a base model for a racer. The T-top is very nice and attracts a lot of attention. Down side to the car is the rear wheel drive makes this car hard to drive in very heavy rain and impossible to drive in any snow or ice at all. The back seats suffer the same fate as all pony cars back seats: small and offering little leg room and unpractical for a full grown person. All in all: I love this car, they look great, drive great, and sound great. You would be hard-pressed to find a more enjoyable sports car with a lower price tag!"

1994 Z28 Camaro

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive!!"

Cons: "Passanger side window doesn't roll down."

"LS1 Black Camaro. Black Leather interrior. This is my first car and I HATE to get rid of it but I'm trying to start a family and this is not the ideal car for one. I have had it for 6 years and overall its been a great car. I have made a lot of friends just by having this car."

awesome

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

"good conditions"

Will never sell

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on and find parts. There is great aftermarket support for these cars."

Cons: "Interior is cheaper, cup holders are in bad locations,"

"Have owned this car since I bought it in 2003 w/ 11k in Anchorage. I was 19 at the time and have loved every mile in it. I am 6,3" and have never had an issue with head clearance or leg room. I can even sit in the back of it with out my head hitting the roof. I normally get lower back aches in a car during long trips but I have never had that issue while owning the car. I have had little to no issues with the car mechanically. The few issues I have had were more due to the abuse I put it through racing. Since 2010 this car has been used as a race car and sees very little street use. The motor is still going stong. It has a new cam, Intake, and heads and now makes about 460 to the wheels. I have ran it with the stock clutch and rear end the whole time with no issues."

sweet

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"buy one and you will not regret it, rather its a 93 or and 02 over all an awesome machine for the money. Get almost the performance of a corvette for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention put 1,000 into the engine and then you will perform like a ferrari (no joke) ive got a cammed out 02 ss and have come across a 360 modena and it didnt hold a candle too my car until i got traction. So overall great car for the money."

97 Z28

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I bought my Z28 over five years ago. Man, I saved for two years for the 97 z28. I saw it on Gran Turismo 3 and had to have it. T bar, attitude, and performance. This is what I came to love. I bought it stock and the 0-60 is 5.5 sec(auto), which makes it quicker then the manuel at 5.8. But looking back I would have went with the manuel. Easier to control. Now my car hits 60 in 4.3sec and has around 415hp. Has an upgraded GS Vette suspention, and a few other goodies that set me back around 4g. So heres the thing, try getting a 400+ car for under 11,000. You only have Camaro, firebird, or Mustang for that money. I've owned two mustangs and hands down the Camaro would eat them up and still retain decent gas. It always brings a smile to my face as if I only owned the car a month. This car caught my eye because it could do over 165 stock! The areodynamics make it an idle car for speed freak, but a wild car to those seeking just to be cool. I would recomend this car to anyone who wants a second car for weekends or good weather; but not to those seeking an everyday driver. The car feels cumbersome in parking lots, but like a true sports car on the highway. Bless the LT1 and all of its torque. Oh, also to know before you buy is oil leaks are very common and are usally from the manifold and can leak down the engine if parked to long. Still I would 100% recomend this car."