1996 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 991 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I have owned this car for 2 years now. They are one of the best vehicles for the money. They are cheaper to buy than mustangs and can wipe the floor with them all day long."

94 Camaro 'ol reliable

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I have NEVER broke down in this car. I changed the oil every 7-10k and it has never given me any trouble. Being a former mechanic I knew when something was starting to go wrong and when to replace certain things. To date: rear end (44k), clutch(90k), driveshaft(150k), front struts(90k), window motors LH:3x RH:once. Other than the basics, this is all I have had to do one this car. All tail lights are still originals. Truly unexpected. This car is tight. You can't throw the family in it for the long trip. It's good for a 1 or 2 person couple. Handles well. Tends to use up tires faster than normal. I still get about 25mpg (Originally rated at 28.) I was sad to see they stopped making this car, but have quickly wised up and reintroduced the model in 09."

Nice car

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"I've had this car for 14 years since ordered new (94 Z28/6spd) Only put 35,000 miles on it so far. I've had a few issues. Igition, starter, pw motor and some small things. Overall a pretty decent car, great value and fun to drive."

Underrated vehicle

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "Down right scary with amount of power & cornering"

Cons: "It's a sports car not a Cadillac"

"This car is an SS with SLP options that are desired in the market. This site does not give the opportunity to add the options like the SLP dual center mounted exhaust, Blackwing air box, front grill chrome wheels, SS carpets and so on."

Excellent modern muscle car. No regrets owning it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Reason: replaced with Corvette

Pros: "Raw power. Great lines. Looked fast and was."

Cons: "Plastic interior. Electrical probs. Cheap leather."

"Bought new out of dealer's inventory in late 2000. LS1 engine was the same as the Corvette at that time. Tons of power. Despite a set of 2.73 gears for highway economy it ran a respectable best of 13.44 @ 107.43mph at Sacramento Raceway. It knocked down a dependable 20 mpg in a 52 mile round trip commute. Never had a mechanical problem with this car. Some electrical issues. Failed power window motor which I replaced myself. Cracked solder joint on the Body Control Module that killed the radio and the power windows. I also repaired this myself. When I sold it last week everything still worked and it still ran very strong. Only real flaw was some bubbling on the clear coat on the black bar over the roof."