2001 Chevrolet Blazer

7.5

Based on 1397 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

Love this truck!

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"My husband and I purchased our 2001 Blazer just over a year ago for $2,400 and I love it. We did have to replaced most of the front end, starter and AB wire (around $1,500 total) but it was so worth it. The body is still in great condition even with all the salt they use here. The truck has all the extras (including on star, 4 doors and 4x4, power everything etc.) My only advice is to have the front end checked whenever you are looking to buy this truck since it seems to be the major thing with it. Other than that LOVE IT!"

It's my baby!

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"It's my first car and its held up great! She has 140,000 miles on it and has been driven all over the place with only minor problems. The 2 worst things with the car I have experienced was a broken heater and a transmission problem. For the wear and tear between the previous driver and myself, it has proven a durable car. The last owner had driven it on a few to many pot holes, and it rattles a lot now; but it doesn't take to much to fix most of that. I've used it for rather long distances and steady driving. It's a great first car with the best brakes my mechanic father has ever seen. I've customized it easily, and have clearly enjoyed the car. There are plenty of not so great reviews, but I see the car a different way. It's a '98 with high mileage. It's not a luxury car, sports car, and it's not something that will never break. If your looking for a first or second car that has room to haul things, but isn't to big then its a great car. It has some get go in it, and sounds great with a turbo muffler. It handles ok, but much better when lowered. It tends to be cheap to fix compared to imports, and there are lots of junk yard parts that will hold up. Overall its a good car for the money, and I am very pleased with it. Don't expect steak if you ordered a burger. Either way they both leave you full and satisfied!!"

3rd Blazer Owned..

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"i owned an 1989 Blazer (190,000), dispite it being gutless i still loved it (i totalled it) then after that i bought a 1996 2 door Blazer (130,000) and i put 3,500 into it in under 1 year (3 fuel pumps, intake gasket, alternator, battery, etc) i ended up selling it (still feel sorry for who ever owns it now) i decided now to give chevy 1 more try i own a 2000 Blazer (101,000), ive had it for about 1 year now without 1 problem, and if it stays as solid as it has been ill be sticking with it untill it dies!"

Excellent SUV, esp. for the price

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"We've owned this Blazer for 5 1/2 years, purchased new. Since its purchase, it did have one issue....the wiper motor lost its intermittant function in the first six months, but was quickly replaced under warranty. Other than that one miniscule item, this Blazer has soldiered on without one hiccup. It's made innumerable trips up and down the Eastern seaboard, through rain, snow, you name it....and it looks almost like it did when we purchased it....not a speck of rust, paint glossy and perfect. And she's hauled our four dogs and us in comfort, no matter the load....towing our boat or the Haulmark trailer we use when we go to auctions. Now that we've paid it off, we're enjoying its reliability even more. Of course, we've done our maintenance on her....oil changes done only with Mobil 1 synthetic oil, Mobil 1 synthetic lubes everywhere else, where applicable (rear end, trans. fluid.) She's just about ready for her second set of spark plugs (replacing them every 70K miles), second set of shocks (Bilsteins again), and maybe a front end alignment next month (have only had three alignments done....she almost refuses to go out of alignment on us.) She did have her tires replaced at 100K miles....but only because I couldn't stand the OEM Laredos any longer, not because they'd worn out (hated throwing away good tread, but despised the tires!) We're on the downhill side of cost-per-mile now and are determined to enjoy her for a few more years. Guess we just got lucky and got a great vehicle.....and she still gets around 22mpg overall average gas mileage. Just like the Energizer bunny, blazer just keeps running and running and running......."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I've owned my Blazer for 10 years and it has the most reliable car I have ever had. Don't let the size fool you, sometimes I think my Blazer holds more than my Tahoe. We have taken it in the snow and to the beach, it performed wonderfully in 4WD. Never had a problem and never got stuck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Blazer near Honolulu. See local deals