1997 Chevrolet Blazer

7.4

Based on 1394 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

Crash Survivor

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"My daughter took out a telephone pole and rolled the vehicle. The Blazer was totalled, but she walked away with a seatbelt bruise and somewhat shaken. I atribute her survival to the strength and safety features of the vehicle."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "reliable car."

Cons: "great for a family of 4 not so much if you have 5."

"I bought my blazer used. I've owned it for 10 years. It has been one of the most reliable cars I've owned. I've only had minimal repairs over the years until recently when it needed a new radiator. All I've had to do really is change the oil, give it a tune up once in a while and make sure I have a good set of new tires from time to time. I've traveled with my family to many places (Yellowstone being one of the favorites). I haven't done much in the way of 4'wheeling in my car, but it does handle very well in snow. It's a fun car to drive."

Love this truck!

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"My husband and I purchased our 2001 Blazer just over a year ago for $2,400 and I love it. We did have to replaced most of the front end, starter and AB wire (around $1,500 total) but it was so worth it. The body is still in great condition even with all the salt they use here. The truck has all the extras (including on star, 4 doors and 4x4, power everything etc.) My only advice is to have the front end checked whenever you are looking to buy this truck since it seems to be the major thing with it. Other than that LOVE IT!"

Great for my money

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I bought this vehicle 3yrs ago. I have done general maitenance on it and a few repairs which are general wear & tear on any vehicle. My only complaint is Chevy's extended warranty. I financed it with the vehicle and that was a horrible mistake. The warranty isn't worth the paper its written on. I had the back gate stop working about a year after I bought it. The warranty wouldn't cover it cause it was the METAL on the motor, it ended up being a plastic piece on the MOTOR. The whole motor had to be replaced and my dad replaced it instead of paying chevy $500.00 to do it. The part cost $70.00 . Vehicle wise, its been a good vehicle. Oklahoma experienced a horrible ice storm and it was my ticket out of a house that had no power, heat or water. My husbands car wouldn't of even got us out of the driveway. I have 3 more years left on my loan and if the vehicle continues to hold up I will keep it after its paid off. I feel safe driving the vehicle and having my daughter and her carseat in it. It doesn't burn oil, the transmission and engine runs smoothly. 4wd does it job."

great vehicle!

By on Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I have 191,000 miles on my blazer. Prior to buying this auto in 2000, I traded vehicles once a year. I've been so satisfied with it, I haven't been able to part with it. I probably will never sell it! I'll just retire it to the farm one day. BUT, it's gonna be a long while yet! Still holds oil pressur like it did the day it was new, drives great, rides smoothly, and looks good too! Gas mileage, for the size of the auto, is awesome also. Get about 22 miles per gallon on the highway. It has, of course, been serviced every 3,000 miles! Great auto!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Blazer near Honolulu. See local deals