1995 Chevrolet Blazer

7.4

Based on 1379 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

Chevy Blazer is america's machine

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "America's Rig"

Cons: "NONE"

"This vehicle comes equipped with a 4.3L man's V6 vortec motor made out of real midwestern tornadoes. This vehicle could drive up mount everest and then through the atlantic ocean and still keep moving. Its everything a person could want in a vehicle. Four wheel drive, looks cool, haul anything, Uncle Sam himself drives one. Buy a chevy blazer for your next car, unless you're a communism loving prius driver."

Way underated SUV

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Reason: Bought 2010 Tahoe

Pros: "Reliable, good in snow, RUGGED!"

Cons: "Interior was typical GM;blah materials bad fitment"

"I see everywhere where people bash the SBlazer. These must be domestic haters or something. My 1997 Blazer 4x4 is my third and the best yet. I owned a 1990, 1991 as well as 1986 KJimmy and a 1991 KJimmy and a 1998 Tahoe, all 4x4, all have gone past 200K in miles. In the 200K plus miles I owned the '97 (bought it used) I have remodeled 3 houses, moved 7 times myself and moved other people so many times I lost track. With a Powertrax in the rear end it is unstoppable in the Chicago or Cleveland snow. I ALWAYS get between 16-19 MPG around town and get 22-23 routinely on the highway-even just before I traded it in on my 2010 Tahoe. I traded it in for two reasons: firstly I need a bigger car with my third kid on the way and second:that Virginia has state inspections and it needed a new front end. Along the way it needed a new transmission at 138K, several alternators and a new engine due to a dealer mechanic screw-up (tried to change a leaky intake manifold gasket leak and parts of the gasket fell into the engine and blocked the oil flow to a rod-what a racket that made!) Luckily the dealer replaced it with a brand new virgin long block and I was good to go. Looking at newer vehicles like say a current Pilot or Explorer I can say the interior is really dated-looking but the exterior is still pretty contemporary and was ahead of its time when introduced back in 1995. I was careful about my maintenance but was never gentle with the truck, taking it off road, into mud, water and sand which is the reason the Midwest rust is more apparent than it should be. Still, this was an outstanding buy. Any whiners saying how good their Four-Runner is or their Amigo or whatever should look at a comparable year SBlaser and see which still looks nice and runs reliably and you will understand."

these blazer's look small from the outside, howeve

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "very dependable over the 15 yrs."

Cons: "gas mileage, only 15-16"

"this model has serviced our family very good the last 15 years. dependable, normal wear. handled very well. the replacement crv doesn't feel as safe, but all models are downsizing I guess. 172k miles and hate to give it up but the seat and ac unit need to be replaced and I have a back problem that need a better vehicle. and better mileage."

great vehicle.garage and short drive use

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

I want this car

Cons: "yes"

"Great mint condition. Onside and out.garage kept.little mileage"

Great SUV

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great 4x4, a lot of torque, great ride hight"

Cons: "Radio is a pain to replace, weird cabin"

"My Blazer is a lot of fun. The electronic 4x4 allows easy shifting from 2HI to 4HI when it is needed. I picked my Blazer up for around $4700 from a dealer. The only issue I have had with it is the ABS went but since there are so many of these vehicles, the parts are cheap. With all this snow this winter I get about 15MPG, the lowest I had was 13, highest of 16. This SUV isn't too big nor is it too small, it is just right. Also, who doesn't love that old style automatic truck shifting?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Blazer near Honolulu. See local deals