1993 Chevrolet Blazer

Based on 73 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

like an old hunting dog, reliable and beloved

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Purchased new in DEC 1993; 16 years later and it's running strong at 145,000mi. 5.7L engine has lost some compression but has no oil leaks and will still hit 85mph on the highway. Held together well considering it carried our family of 5 all over the rocky mountains and on several cross country road trips. All three sons learned to drive on this truck. Few downsides; poor mileage (due in part to the stout, but cumbersome, 4 speed automatic and heavey weight 5,000 lbs) and back seat (hard to reach because there are no rear doors and it lacks headrests for those long trips) The cargo area is huge and visibility is great due to the large windows and taller stature. Parts are easy to get becuase it shares the majority with Chevy's pickup line from the same era. Looking to drop in a 383 stroker when the ol' 350 finally calls it quits. No intention to sell anytime soon. Hope it helps"

Good Old Friend

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Bought it used with 9K miles in 1994. I've had this truck for 16 years now.... off road and on. Slept in it, camped in it, did field work throughout the southwest in it. Hauled family on vacation in it. did all the usual stuff as well in it. Its been a great car. With grandkids its now time for a car with airbags and seats that will take a baby seat safely Otherwise we'd try for another 10 years out of it! The maintenance was acceptable - usual pumps, cooling, belts, electrical, brakes, exhaust. Never felt I was getting nickle and dimed to death. Damned sad to give it up."

Loved, Loved, Loved this vehicle!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Drove on the beach great!"

Cons: "Speakers, radio not great quality."

"We bought this Blazer in 1999 and have driven it any and everywhere. The air is cold, the heat is hot - it runs all the time. We have never had any major problems with it at all. We were told it needed a new compressor at about 175,000 miles. At 250,000 we finally put a bypass on it instead of a compressor. We got 75,000 more miles on that old compressor working just fine - bonus!"

Best Vehicle I Have Ever and Will Ever Own

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "quality, reliability, and durability"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got this vehicle when I was seventeen years old from my grandfather and all I can say is whatever chevy did they did it well when engineering this suv. This is the first review I have ever written for anything but I felt obligated to share my experiences with my blazer. It gets an A in my book in every driving category from highway to rugged cornfields. I have taken it everywhere without any problems most of the time never having to put it in four wheel drive. The only two complaints I can think of is A) lots of minor things have gone out most just with age and miles and B) obviously is the gas mileage or lack there of."

Pass anything but a gas pump

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I have never loved a truck as much as this one. He is the toughest, fastest, coolest, most awesome vehicle. I just wish it got better than 15mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Blazer near Honolulu. See local deals