1996 Chevrolet Beretta

8.1

Based on 126 Ratings for the 1987 - 1996 models.

great car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Original car from 0 miles (91 GT). I have had this car since it was on the lot in 1991. Not a single major problem at 11800 miles. Drove it across the country and avg. a little over 30mpg. Love the car no complaints."

My 1996 Z26

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I purchased my 96 in 2002 with 97000 miles one it. It was in slight disrepair and had to do some suspension work and replace the intake gaskets, since then. I have only done routine maintenace- including new shocks, oil changes, tires, brakes with the exception of the AC compressor that went out in 2005. Today I have 151000 miles on my car and still love it. I will be getting rid of it soon only because I have simply outgrown it (family wise). The one thing that I have to say that could be considered a negative is that since I've owned the car (and when I purchased it) the check engine light has been on. I have had it checked at autozone NUMEROUS times, as well as had it checked at a shop. I have replaced ALL of the O2 sensors (it was not running bad at all- but that's what the codes were saying was wrong) as well as a few other sensors and every time I get the light to go off, it comes back on within 48 hours. I have gotten use to it being on now, so i don't worry too much about it. I have learned to pay attention to the other signs. That is the only bad thing about this car. People have mentioned the lifter clatter that the 3.1 V6's have- and every single one I have had has done the same thing. I use a little better oil (Valvoline Max life) and let it warm up before I go anywhere (via remote start- love that by the way) The clatter has not gotten any better or worse, so I just drive it like I always do."

Its Fine

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"Nice looking car a bit small,drives real nice, lots of get up and go, handles nice, rides ok like a sports car, which i like. dependable, good gas millage i am disabled so it is small for me and kinda hard for me to get into, but i do like the sports car in it and the power, its fine for comfort also"

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"This car is very fast, but still gets good gas mileage. A great first vehicle. Lots of fun to work on and to drive, and very reliable."

EXCELLENT CAR!!

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

"GREAT CAR!! this was my first car, and when i got it, it already had 100,000 miles on it, and it still ran great!! They hold up very well!! I have had no major problems with mine at all!! I would reccomend this to anyone who needs a cheap car!! They are great"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Beretta near Honolulu. See local deals