2011 Chevrolet Aveo

7.4

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2011 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.6/10

Disappointing at best

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Good on gas"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"I have had problems out of this vehicle from day one. The performance is substandard and the "Ecodrive" engine is a bust. The car does not want to go into overdrive, even fresh off the lot, when I spoke to the dealer about it, they explained that that had to do with the car trying to efficiently run better. The car originally REQUIRED dexos rated synthetic oil which at a cost of $80 or more for an oil change I was shocked, even more so, the plugs are required to be changed every 25,000 miles (so the dealer says, the manual said every 37,000). At 27,000 miles I had to take the car in to have the plugs changed because they failed while I was driving, who in their right mind designs a car (let alone a Chevrolet)to have the plugs changed every 25k? Furthermore, the car will lose power when the AC is running, in order to get the car up to a cruising speed, I would have to turn the AC off, get to cruising speed, then turn it back on and pray it wouldn't force me to slow down. Now, my mechanic suspects that I have sensor going bad where if my car is going into overdrive between 45-55 mph, and you try to accelerate a bit to hard, the check engine light will flash and it will rev up over 4,000 rpm. I have to pull over, let the car downshift and then drive again in order to keep it from consistently operating over 4,000 rpm and it will drive normally. I have one year left on my loan and cannot wait to get rid of this bucket! I bought this car as a commuter car for good gas mileage, and wanting to stay in the American made Chevrolet brand I grew up with I was sorely disappointed and will never own another, this has been the third Chevrolet I have owned as an adult that has done me wrong. To add insult to injury, my cousin tried to open the passenger door from the inside while it was locked and the handle cracked off 4 months after I had it, about a year ago, the switch for the dome light broke off and now I have to replace the whole assembly to repair it. It was cheaply made and I am utterly frustrated with it!"

I went from a Surburban to this and love it.

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas, Fun to drive, Easy to park, Love it."

Cons: "I,m 250 lbs, 5'11 just alittle tight, but ok."

"Like I said I went from a surburban to this and it was a big change but in the end it was worth every penny. I was carring everything I didn't need in the other one and not needing anything else other than what this one could carry. The Gas alone was a WOW. Went from paying $ 120.00 per tank full to $29.00 per tank full. The first fill up I thought the pump was not working untill I looked in at the dash and said OOhh yea. I love this one. Still going from 250hp to 108hp was a little not sure but, who needs to blast off all the time. The 108hp does get up and go when needed and is able to keep up with all kinds of driving habits. I love the way it parks almost anywhere and blends in with all the high end cars. I am also handycaped so getting into and out of the car is also a breeze with a very large opening drivers door. This car is all that I need and more. Wish I bought one years ago and would have saved, I mean saved, alot of money on gas. Very happy with it."

Amazing

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"perfect for my travel needs and great on gas mileage."

Nice little hatchback

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "spacious, looks, customizable, good value"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, expensive oem parts, low perfor"

"I bought this Aveo5 2LT with 52k miles. Vehicle seems to have some performance issues but none severe to affect daily driveability. Most notable is poor fuel economy. 23mpg overall. Very disappointed for such a small car. Parts and extremely expensive also for a economy car. On the other hand, i love the style of my Aveo. Is very spacious for a little car. Mine is fully loaded with sunroof, alloys, fog lamps, and leatherette seats. Plenty of mods parts around the world also to custom Aveos. Overall i give it a 7/10."

Excellent car. Completely dependable and well-made

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Never had a mechanical problem or issue of any kind. Just a very reliable, efficient, well-made basic car. Can't imagine a better car for its value. Cute too. Couldn't be happier."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals