2009 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 764 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Accident Awareness

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Unfortunately recently as of yesterday my car was tottaled. I had a Chevy Aveo 2007. Ran perfect never had any problems. I loved the car because it was a great value and good quality. My parents purchased it in outlook of the safety of the vehicle. To our dismay yesterday when a car t-boned us and desecrated the passenger side of the automobile only to continue pushing it over so it landed on our drivers side, the side curtain airbags failed to show any use. Not a single airbag in our vehicle came out. Fortunately neither one of us, my mother [driver] or myself the [passenger] had any major injuries (just some scrapes and bruises from where we were hanging by the seatbelt). The car body did an ok job of holding up, yet when impacted compartments inside the vehicle also ended up broken, most likely because of the velocity of the crash. In conclusion, the car was liable and drove well, never any major complaints. I just wanted to let others know about the so called excellent 'safety' of this vehicle."

Loved it at first, Cooling to lukewarm now...

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy in front, price"

Cons: "repair bills adding up"

"We bought our 2006 Aveo used, it had about 65,000 miles on it from being a rental. Now, at 90,500 miles, we have had several problems. The timing belt broke. The struts went shot, and it's was $ 1,000 to fix, just had to replace the thermostat cover, it blew and left me stranded. Had to replace tires twice because of the struts, before we figured out the struts were shot. Now the motor is having issues and we are waiting to find out how much it will be to fix it this time. It started off as a very reliable car, but now it seems to be one thing after another going wrong."

Just a great little car with very good mileage.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"I bought this car used with around 30,000 miles on it and use it as a work car and it has served me well. I'm 6'4'' and was surprized at the room this little car has, and the truck has room for a bale of cedar bedding chips for the dog. It now has 118,000 miles and I've had no mechanical issues at all. Thanks Chevy! John"

Good dependable low end car

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Good little economic car"

Cons: "Could use more legroom for the back"

"If you keep up with the oil changes and timing belt replacements this is a good little commuting car. Timing belts need to be checked every 30K and replaced every 60K I did have a problem with an airbag sensor in the passenger's seat which may have been due to things rolling under the seat and hitting the wiring. It was an expensive ($1,300) repair."

Terrible Experience.

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"This car is one of the worst new cars I have owned. When I bought it new in 2005, I had to have various parts replaced or repaired, which was mostly warranteed. However, the time spent going back and forth to the dealer service center was extensive and annoying. The dealership had informed me that lots of the 2005 Aveos were having numerous manufacturing problems. The car was well priced, but the trouble I had to go through to maintain it really diminished the value of the vehicle in my experience. Also, the vehicle hydroplaned at very low speeds in barely wet driving conditions, regardless of the tire pressure and tread-ware. It made me very uncomfortable driving if there was rain. Despite the car being a front-wheel drive, it was horrendous in the snow. My old 1991 Ford Escort was better in the snow than the aveo. No matter the driving locations or conditions, my car never reached 27 mpg. I don't know if maybe I had a "dud," but my experience with the Aveo was stressful, expensive, and a terrible let-down. Fortunately, I was able to get a trade-in for the value of the car and purchased a Scion instead, which has great gas mileage, a better warranty, and much higher safety ratings."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals