2009 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 749 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

ALMOST makes me want to forget Chevrolet forever!!

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "Mmmm, give me a second...its red, and I like red!"

Cons: "The color is the only thing I like about the car."

"This car has been, in a word, lousy, in just about every way imagineable. Im not going to fault Chevrolet on this, as this is a Daewoo product made in South Korea, and I know many people who have had Korean cars that were just as bad. Slow, noisy, not nearly as efficient as advertised, poorly assembled, cheap interior bits all over, RIDES LIKE A COVERED WAGON ON THE OREGON TRAIL- I think I can make an A-Z list of cons on this heap without too much effort! It at least didnt give me too much in the way of mechanical woes during the first two years I had it, but the last 2 years have been one malady after another, non-stop. If someone wants it, let me know!!"

Worst car I've ever had the misfortune of driving.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage when car is driveable"

Cons: "Everything else."

"Bought brand new off the lot w/ 36 miles on it. At 3000 miles the fuel pump went out and it took 3 weeks to get the part b/c they had to order it from Korea. This is when I found out we had bought a Daewoo rebranded as a Chevy. Fast forward to 65,000 miles-the coil pack burns out about every 6-8 months. Now my car has been in the shop for SIX weeks b/c parts are almost impossible to find for it. Timing belt and cam sensors broke. A special tool kit is needed to change the timing belt-that took 3 weeks to get b/c it had to come from the UK. Finally found a used cam which had to come from Michigan and according to the Chevy dealer it was the only one they could find in the US. When part arrived the dealer called our mechanic and asked him to hurry up and pick it up b/c they do not want any Aveo parts laying around and jinxing them-yes Chevy dealers KNOW this car is a joke. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!! Also, interior is extremely cheap-passenger door handle broke at around 50,000 miles with minimal use and the drivers is held together by duct tape b/c it cracked in the middle. Metallic finish rubbed off before that and the seats are the most uncomfortable things since a wooden bench. Only good thing is the car does get good mileage when the coil pack isn't going out then haha you're lucky to get 10 mpg. I would not recommend this car to anyone unless it has been given to you for FREE."

Economic and easy access to everything

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "price, fun and easy access to pkg w/hatchback"

Cons: "low profile tires/rougher ride"

"I love the idea of a hatchback and would not think of going to another vehicle without it. My little car can get into small places, has a wheel base that allows 'u-turns' if needed. The only thing that I do not like is the low profile tires. They are more expensive and are not a smooth ride. I really hate it that my car is already 9 years old and I hate the thought of ever having to part with it."

dependable.

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"In nine years about 1k in repairs. not including oil changes, tires and tires"

Fine for the price

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Responsive, stable handling, cost $10K new"

Cons: "low ground clearance"

"Multiple front wheel bearing replacements needed. Small electrical problems (flashing clock light when headlights on and it's damp; occasional other electrical anomalies, but nothing unduly serious). Small car, so scraping ground clearance for Vermont's "mud season", but lots of room to haul stuff if the back seats are folded down. Seems very stable in handling. Wide stance. Needs new tie-rod end at 100K miles. Leaking front MacPherson strut. Milage never better than 38 in summer with a light foot, highway driving, but roof rack likely why. ~ 27 mpg in winter in cold, with resisting studded snows, lots of friction, cold weather idling."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals