2009 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 753 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Its a lot bigger than it looks.

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, truck space, comfort"

"When I first got this car two years ago I didnt like it at first sight because it looked so small, but once I got in the car and started driving it I realized how big the car really was and how much room it provided to its passengers. I easily fit my three children in it and the trunk space is almost as big as the car. The gas milage is wonderful and it doesnt really require much maintance at all, this car was the best buy that I could have made."

8 Years driving a great car

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, grat MPG's"

Cons: "cheap construction materials, it gets dented easy."

"I bought this car brand new in 2004 because it was at the time the only subcompact car besides the Scion Xa and Xb in the U.S. market. (I chose this one because they financed it for only %1.9 for 5 years vs 6.8% with Toyota/Scion). I have to say that the negatives is that the material on the car are cheap. I mean, my car paint and dashboard have changed color because of the S.FLA sun and are know color bleached. I have notice that this affected most "Sunshine Yellow" Aveos in Sunny ares of the country. Also, the hubcaps paint simply melted and the Korean tires that had OEM where terrible. In a more positive note, I drove this car back and forward from Miami to Albuquerque, NM (where I lived for 3 years) and never had any particular issue. The car had great MPG's until a cylinder began to misfire thanks to a problem in the ignition coil, which I bought new for $30 and replace by myself. Most mechanics (even GM certified mechanics) could find the issue. I got to fix it thanks to a Cuban mechanic that actually knows what he is doing and it doesn't wait for the code to come up to tell him something is wrong. The interior space is incredible. I would say it is even better than some "mid size" cars. Also, at least my wagon, has a lot of cargo space once you move the seats forward. When I moved from Miami to Albuquerque, I filled up the back with all my personal belongings and I even bought a lot of stuff at Ikea (no Ikea in NM) and I still had space to fin another person. Also, it is one of the few car I have own where my father (6.3) can seat on the back comfortably. One thing I have to say my car has is personality. I got it a pikachu front plate and since then people call it "The Pikachu" and kids love my car. One thing I have done is to keep my car well maintained and try to be a little bit more over protective than the manufacture suggestions. I did the rimming belt on my car as soon as my car got to 50,000 miles instead of waiting to 60,000 miles as the manual says. I also try to keep it as original as I can, but I know that some OEM parts are not as good a the replacement. One good thing is that new spare parts are incredibly cheap and there is a lot of used spare parts (like the hubcaps) which can be found quite easy."

Excellent Mileage - Great Little Car!

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"My husband and I bought a 2004 Aveo when we were in Florida. It has proven to be an excellent car both for city and highway driving. The last trip we took in the car was to Niagara Falls which was a six hour drive and we got 42 miles per gallon going up and 38 on our trip back home. You can't beat it for gas mileage! As for power - this little car has the power to pass without hesitation and acceleration when needed - is there. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone that appreciates better gas mileage overall and low maintenance. We have never had one problem with our Aveo and with regular oil changes and only one set of new tires recently (car is now five years old!) we anticipate many more years usage. For those that want all the bells and whistles this car may not be for you. Our Aveo has a single disk CD player and the upgraded sound system which is very adequate. There are no power door locks, power windows, power seats or cruise control features. Although the front bucket seats do recline and there is lots of leg room and places for your drinks, the back seat has little leg room. For those with small children it would be very suitable but older children and adults may be crowded. One plus is that the back bench seat folds all the way down and brings complete access to the trunk if needed. For those that appreciate excellent gas mileage, low maintenance and reliability - this is a wonderful car!"

Worst engine timing belt situation ever conceived

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "decent body, fair handling, comfortable seat(pass)"

Cons: "Lousy timing belt design prone to anytime failure!"

"We just for all practical purposes lost our 2005 Aveo on 03/31/14 because of lousy plastic parts in the timing belt housing. we weren't "racing" or any such destructive driving.This is no doubt a critical error in the timing belt mechanics. What can you say about a car that has a decent body and interior but can self-destruct at any time, and at any mileage regardless of the timing belt replacement. Well I'm happy to say we will never drive another Aveo again!"

Fun to drive!

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Front interior room, fun to drive, good value."

Cons: "Jumpy front suspension, tires wear quickly."

"My 2006 Aveo has been very reliable over the past six years. Gas mileage has averaged 27-30 overall, which could be better. Other than some front suspension problems, the car has been very dependable and a good value for the money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals