2009 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 731 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

Spacious but watch the tie rods

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "space good"

Cons: "tie rod weakness and susceptible to wind gusts"

"Front seat great for long legs, if you sacrifice leg room in the rear. The fold down rear in the 3-door will not fold down completely if the front seat is back all the way. Have had the left front tie rods replaced twice within less that a year. Make sure your mechanic checks these each time. Also wind gust will move this light-weight car suddenly."

I read this is the 10 worst car

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Best gas mileage for a small car"

Cons: "quality not good"

"I bought this 2006 Aveo LS used in 2008 since then I spend almost more than a thousand for repair and maintenance. As far as driving I liked it, just had a lots of problem, gas mileage is great. Changed the timing belt at 60000, plus the water pump and belt, they tuned it up changed the wire and spark plugs. Recently while I was driving the car stops and really hard to re start it takes me while, by the way the engine light is on and off, I took it to my mechanic and the problem is the Thermostat body so they have to replaced it for $500 that includes labor. So far no problem car is running great. The suspension needs changing too cause it's making noise.By the way there is a re call on this vehicle about the day running light it says overheating. The recall is from 2004 to 2008."

Nice little car - requires alot of maintenance.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive, little, and decent mileage."

Cons: "Maintenance costs, and nothing exciting."

"I purchased my 2006 Aveo used (with ~45000 miles)and it has been a great little car. I'm an avid hatch-batch lover so that was my main requirement, and I have 5 dogs so I wanted something easy for them to get inside and something inexpensive since I would have dogs in the car frequently (I don't think dog hair helps the value). 1) Gas mileage is OK - as others have said, I'd expect about 5 extra MPG than what it really gets, but it is still higher than most cars. 2) Maintenance.... I've had to replace the wheels twice! The box around the air filter is cheaply made and will need to be replaced. The shifting consul I've had to replace twice. The interior cloth has torn easily and the door handles have become loose and they rattle. Overall, the car is inexpensive, but I feel like I have to dump a lot of $$ into it for repairs yearly. The tires/wheel situation is a bit much. They just can't handle any bumps/potholes without getting worn and bent. I've also had to fit exhaust issues twice. Expect to drop at least $500-1000/year in repairs and maintenance. 3) Exterior has held up great! No paint peeling or rusting. 4) It is noisy and a no frills car when you drive. 5) Handles well and has nice get-up and go (better than my hubby's truck). Overall, if you want a no-frills, inexpensive car maybe for commuting and for something around a city, I think it is a great deal. I've gotten my Aveo over 150,000 miles and am now starting to look to trade in the ole' gal. Down-side, the maintenance has been more than I bargained for."

takes a wallop

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "takes an impact and keeps cabin safe"

Cons: "gas mpg a little disappointing"

"A little disappointed in gas mileage but convenient and comfortable to drive. Took a wallop by a minivan that didn't even touch the brakes going through a red light and the Aveo absorbed the impact and kept the passenger cabin intact. Seat belts and airbag did their jobs. Surprisingly safe for a little car!"

I love this car

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage,versatile storage,reliable"

Cons: "rough ride, noisy,seats don't fold flat"

"We bought this new in 06 and the most we have done is tires and tune-ups, the ride is kinda' rough and the seat cushions are thin. My husband gets about 30 mpg and if we were not looking for comfort and a smooth ride at our advanced ages we would keep this car until the wheels fell off."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals