2009 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

dependable.

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"In nine years about 1k in repairs. not including oil changes, tires and tires"

Fine for the price

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Responsive, stable handling, cost $10K new"

Cons: "low ground clearance"

"Multiple front wheel bearing replacements needed. Small electrical problems (flashing clock light when headlights on and it's damp; occasional other electrical anomalies, but nothing unduly serious). Small car, so scraping ground clearance for Vermont's "mud season", but lots of room to haul stuff if the back seats are folded down. Seems very stable in handling. Wide stance. Needs new tie-rod end at 100K miles. Leaking front MacPherson strut. Milage never better than 38 in summer with a light foot, highway driving, but roof rack likely why. ~ 27 mpg in winter in cold, with resisting studded snows, lots of friction, cold weather idling."

Good car for the money. Good gas mileage too.

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Good price and good gas mileage."

Cons: "It needs a sixith gear."

"Fun to drive and has lots of room for a small car. I am six feet two inches tall and 240lbs. and have lots of leg room and butt room. Bought the car brand new and have been pleased with it so far. I did have to change the stock tires out after 25,000 miles due to bad ride and fast wear."

Horrible

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "cheap"

Cons: "the car is not reliable at all"

"I have sunk so much money into this car. It was ok when I first got it. After a few months the timing belt snapped and pretty much wrecked my engine. I payed to get it fixed. Now it has electrical issues, the transmission is going out, and the alignment is out of whack. I hardly drive, considering the car only had 38000 miles on it when I first got it. I have had it for 5 years and now it has 69000 miles on it. I also keep up matinence on it and no matter what I do everything continues to fail on it. Do not buy this car. It may be cheap but it's a money pit."

Meh

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Looks cute"

Cons: "No center console, bad suspension, rock hard seats"

"Definitely should of spent more time with this car before buying it. The seats are almost hard as rocks, suspension feels like my moms 1998 Camaro, stiff and you feel each and every bump. Radio is tinny and sounds very bad. Never did listen to radio on test drive. Having traded in a 1999 Cavalier which was starting to have many mechanical problems I was focused on mechanics rather than how the car would feel and drive on a daily basis which now is a big problem to me. The shifter is too low for my liking and there's no center console. Should of rejected this car and went onto something else. It's my fault for getting it and now I will have to live with it for a long time and not really enjoy it. I'm just going to use this as a way to build credit and get rid of it as soon as its feasible."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals