2009 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 755 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Excellent Mileage - Great Little Car!

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"My husband and I bought a 2004 Aveo when we were in Florida. It has proven to be an excellent car both for city and highway driving. The last trip we took in the car was to Niagara Falls which was a six hour drive and we got 42 miles per gallon going up and 38 on our trip back home. You can't beat it for gas mileage! As for power - this little car has the power to pass without hesitation and acceleration when needed - is there. I would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone that appreciates better gas mileage overall and low maintenance. We have never had one problem with our Aveo and with regular oil changes and only one set of new tires recently (car is now five years old!) we anticipate many more years usage. For those that want all the bells and whistles this car may not be for you. Our Aveo has a single disk CD player and the upgraded sound system which is very adequate. There are no power door locks, power windows, power seats or cruise control features. Although the front bucket seats do recline and there is lots of leg room and places for your drinks, the back seat has little leg room. For those with small children it would be very suitable but older children and adults may be crowded. One plus is that the back bench seat folds all the way down and brings complete access to the trunk if needed. For those that appreciate excellent gas mileage, low maintenance and reliability - this is a wonderful car!"

Accident Awareness

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Unfortunately recently as of yesterday my car was tottaled. I had a Chevy Aveo 2007. Ran perfect never had any problems. I loved the car because it was a great value and good quality. My parents purchased it in outlook of the safety of the vehicle. To our dismay yesterday when a car t-boned us and desecrated the passenger side of the automobile only to continue pushing it over so it landed on our drivers side, the side curtain airbags failed to show any use. Not a single airbag in our vehicle came out. Fortunately neither one of us, my mother [driver] or myself the [passenger] had any major injuries (just some scrapes and bruises from where we were hanging by the seatbelt). The car body did an ok job of holding up, yet when impacted compartments inside the vehicle also ended up broken, most likely because of the velocity of the crash. In conclusion, the car was liable and drove well, never any major complaints. I just wanted to let others know about the so called excellent 'safety' of this vehicle."

Just a great little car with very good mileage.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"I bought this car used with around 30,000 miles on it and use it as a work car and it has served me well. I'm 6'4'' and was surprized at the room this little car has, and the truck has room for a bale of cedar bedding chips for the dog. It now has 118,000 miles and I've had no mechanical issues at all. Thanks Chevy! John"

perfect vehicle for commuting or training kids

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"we purchased the basic level Aveo with the specific purpose of training our daughters how to drive a manual transmission vehicle and appreciate the difference between lower / upper level trim packages. We have been rewarded with an extremely reliable and fuel efficient 5 years of service. I strongly recommend this car for anyone seeking an over the top reliable fuel efficient basic transportation platform. We have had zero problems with it."

Good dependable low end car

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Good little economic car"

Cons: "Could use more legroom for the back"

"If you keep up with the oil changes and timing belt replacements this is a good little commuting car. Timing belts need to be checked every 30K and replaced every 60K I did have a problem with an airbag sensor in the passenger's seat which may have been due to things rolling under the seat and hitting the wiring. It was an expensive ($1,300) repair."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals