2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 765 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Cheap to Buy , Very Expensive to Own

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to Buy"

Cons: "Very expensive to own"

"We bought this car for our daughter used with 35000 miles on it . Problems include door lock parts fell apart inside door,valve cover gasket leaked into spark plugs causing misfires(dealership wanted to sell us a new head, we found an honest mechanic who fixed it). Rear brakes fell apart backing up, this locked up the drum and back plate all had to be replaced. And several thousand dollars worth of front end work done at 70000 miles . I am a chevy Man always have been but this car is an embarassment. This car was cheap to buy initially but very expensive to own."

Great car for a low price.

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, fun to drive"

Cons: "only has a radio in SVM, no bells/whistles"

"I bought this car as a grad student and it fit my budget. It gets me where I need to go, which, for me right now, is exactly what I need. I am a scientist and need to haul coolers and as long as no one needs to sit in the back seat, it hauls my gear just fine! There is some room in the trunk but it's not super-spacious. I've replaced the timing belt and had to replace a wheel bearing (the latter was under warranty). I also had an issue with the door lock falling into the door recently! It was an easy fix (for the dealer), but was quite annoying. My car is a manual and at 85K, I am surprised the clutch is still in good shape. (My previous car's clutch needed to be replaced by this time, but then again I had learned how to drive stick-shift on that car...LOL). I am happy with this car overall and glad I purchased it nearly 7 years ago. I'll probably be in the market soon for a new vehicle (maybe) but happy this one has served me well. The only major complaint I have is the way the windshield is shaped. There seems to be more of a blindspot in this car than in other ones I have driven. I'm used to it, but I can see it being problematic for others."

Great Car 2 Drive

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I bought my 04 when they first came out (in 2004). I absolutely LOVE my little orange rollerskate. I bought the automatic, which I'm grateful for. The get up and go that this little car has is very suprising, the looks on the faces of the people in their big fancy cars when we blow pass them going up-hill is the best. I bought an upgraded model. It has the premium sound system with mp3, tinted windows, tilt wheel, rear spoiler and premium wheels. I replaced the original tires at 14000 miles and it does ride better. Since I replaced the tires my mpg has gone up to 36mpg. I have no bad things to say about this car. Its wonderful and I would and have suggested to others looking to buy a new car to look at the Chevy AVEO. By the way, I am 6 feet tall and most of my friends are 6 feet and taller. We all fit very comfortably in this car, there is a suprising amount of room from the tops of our heads to the roof of the car. Plus we all have long legs which is not a problem. My daughter and I have taken several cross crountry trips and have been more then comfortable on them. I have had NO mechanical problems, I just make sure I change the oil and rotate the tires when I'm supposed to. If your looking for a good, reliable, non gas guzzler, comfortable and cute car-then you should check out the AVEO."

Very dependable.

By on Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Our Aveo has been very dependable. It has averaged 35 to 37 mpg. It is not as quiet as more expensive cars. We have been very happy with it."

At first I was in Love, no longer feeling the Love

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, get up and go for such a small car."

Cons: "Maintenance, Small, backseat isn't comfortable."

"We first bought this car thinking the mileage would be good. It started out great. Then we had to replace tires like crazy. The car just doesn't drive right according to mechanics. Radiator blew in it. Mileage deteriorated quickly. It seems there is always something that needs fixed with this car. I know cars need maintenance, but this much is becoming too much. The value of the car almost makes it no worth it to fix it. After getting this car, we found out 2 years later that a carseat does not work well in this car. The middle of the backseat is higher than the rest therefore the carseat does not fit there, and to put it behind the front seats means you have to move that seat forward quite a bit making it uncomfortable for the person in the front. The backseat is really small and really only seats kids in boosters well. Must have short legs to fit back there. Loved our little Jellybean for the first year, (bought in 09'), but it's becoming too much of a problem."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals