2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 755 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Nice reliable little car

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price, dependable, fun to drive and easy on"

Cons: "Little loud on the road noise"

"Bought the car new at about $9000. has a 100000 miles and does not use a drop of oil between oil changes. I use synthetic motor oil and change it every 5000 miles. I drive mostly hwy miles and get between 36 to 38 MPG. A little less in winter months."

BEWARE!

By on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pros: "THE COLOR OF THE CAR WAS NICE"

Cons: "IT BROKE DOWN AFTER HAVING ANOTHER PROBLEM FIXED"

"DON'T BUY ONE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. TIMING BELT JUST BROKE. I GUESS THIS IS A COMMON ISSUE EVEN BEFORE THE 60,000 MILE RECOMMENDATION AND APPARENTLY CHEVY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND YOU AT ALL."

Great Car 2 Drive

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I bought my 04 when they first came out (in 2004). I absolutely LOVE my little orange rollerskate. I bought the automatic, which I'm grateful for. The get up and go that this little car has is very suprising, the looks on the faces of the people in their big fancy cars when we blow pass them going up-hill is the best. I bought an upgraded model. It has the premium sound system with mp3, tinted windows, tilt wheel, rear spoiler and premium wheels. I replaced the original tires at 14000 miles and it does ride better. Since I replaced the tires my mpg has gone up to 36mpg. I have no bad things to say about this car. Its wonderful and I would and have suggested to others looking to buy a new car to look at the Chevy AVEO. By the way, I am 6 feet tall and most of my friends are 6 feet and taller. We all fit very comfortably in this car, there is a suprising amount of room from the tops of our heads to the roof of the car. Plus we all have long legs which is not a problem. My daughter and I have taken several cross crountry trips and have been more then comfortable on them. I have had NO mechanical problems, I just make sure I change the oil and rotate the tires when I'm supposed to. If your looking for a good, reliable, non gas guzzler, comfortable and cute car-then you should check out the AVEO."

Very dependable.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

"Our Aveo has been very dependable. It has averaged 35 to 37 mpg. It is not as quiet as more expensive cars. We have been very happy with it."

bigbangforlittlebucks

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"Purchased the vehicle as a second choice to no inventory of solid used cars. It was a Red Tag Dealer Special. The vehicle is quiet, peppy, handles well. It has great standard features for the trim (LS Hatch) level. It does not have ABS - I don't feel that a vehicle this size needs it if one is an pre-ABS, experienced, driver. I was looking for a basic vehicle with a stick shift and crank windows, AC, CD/MP3 and dual side mirrors that had a low profile for urban parking. This vehicle is a comfortable commuter with very good comfort capabilities (all manual). It does what it has to do for the price point. The vehicle is serviced by the dealership that sold me the car new, and my experience has been excellent. I had only a few minor trim defects fixed and there was no problem. Recently, I detected a slight antifreeze odor outside the vehicle after a long highway trip. The dealer service department noticed that the thermostat housing was defective and replaced the defective part (overnight). I was offered courtesy transportation to and from my home; I own other vehicles and did not require a loaner. One Caveat I have not experienced the city/highway MPG it touted on the sticker. In 32K miles, I've only gotten 26/29 respectively at best estimate. This is a little disappointing as an ex- Chevy-Toyota Nova - Geo Metro owner. If I'd known that the actual MPG would deviate from the window sticker this much, I would have purchased more car. Other than this, it's been a great little vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals