2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 709 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Small does not mean great gas mileage 26-30.

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "26-31 mpg. Small...easy to park."

Cons: "Small."

"The car is very small and gets 26-31 mpg. It will not ride well in extreme wind. You get what you pay for. It is a good car for me until I purchase something more fuel efficient. A car to "fill in" for a couple of years. I wouldn't buy a new Aveo."

I hate this car

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "cheap to buy"

Cons: "small and uncomfortable"

"Uncomfortable, noisy, and for the size does not get nearly the milage I had hoped when I bought it. No fun to drive."

cheep car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "no air conditioning. stiff ride."

"this car is good for what it is. It is na cheep car to operate but it rides like a cheep car."

Great car for a low price.

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, fun to drive"

Cons: "only has a radio in SVM, no bells/whistles"

"I bought this car as a grad student and it fit my budget. It gets me where I need to go, which, for me right now, is exactly what I need. I am a scientist and need to haul coolers and as long as no one needs to sit in the back seat, it hauls my gear just fine! There is some room in the trunk but it's not super-spacious. I've replaced the timing belt and had to replace a wheel bearing (the latter was under warranty). I also had an issue with the door lock falling into the door recently! It was an easy fix (for the dealer), but was quite annoying. My car is a manual and at 85K, I am surprised the clutch is still in good shape. (My previous car's clutch needed to be replaced by this time, but then again I had learned how to drive stick-shift on that car...LOL). I am happy with this car overall and glad I purchased it nearly 7 years ago. I'll probably be in the market soon for a new vehicle (maybe) but happy this one has served me well. The only major complaint I have is the way the windshield is shaped. There seems to be more of a blindspot in this car than in other ones I have driven. I'm used to it, but I can see it being problematic for others."

Small On The OutSide, Big On The Inside

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Easy To Park,Easy To Drive,Quite Interior."

Cons: "POOR Mileage,Low Horsepower,No Roof Insulation."

"Well I have owned this car since brand new. First car I have EVER kept past pay off, and then 3 more years after! Basically because all the new cars are WAY to expensive, are even cheaper looking except high end models, and insurance is WAY to high on even this 4 cyl, paid off car! For someone with a perfect driving record! So I might as well keep a car that all I have to do is keep replacing the tires. I have gone through 4 full sets in 26K miles! With this set I have a 'road warranty' on them, so if they wear out way to fast, they get replaced for free! It is simple basic transportation. But I keep it looking like it just came off the assembly line. Now it is just maintenance, and waxing. No MAJOR repairs, yet I drive so little. I have had to replace the light bulbs more often than have repairs. Only the tires wear out for some reason. Always put in synthetic oil in it, and Bosch spark plugs, runs like new. It gets rotten MPG. I am lucky to get 19 mpg in the city. I bought it because of the first 'gas crisis', and thought I was going to get 30+ in the city. I can't get that on the highway! No transmission problems, or engine problems. Keeping on top of any maintenance issues, and it runs as smooth as brand new. Hey, it isn't a Audi or a Land Rover, but its paid off and looks better than 99% of the other Aveos I see on the road."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals