2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

No more Aveo for me

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "good on gas, small size can squeeze in tight spots"

Cons: "not powerful for highways or going uphill"

"I purchased my Aveo Hatchback in March 2011, with already 174000km on the odometer for $4200. I was hoping it would last me at least 4 years, or an average of $1000/year of use. The timing belt broke exactly 3 years 10 months later(last week) and the mechanics estimated it was not worth fixing it, as repairing or replacing the engine would be too expensive ($2800). I must admit the first 2 years were good; the last two costed about $1500 worth of repairs. Had the car scrapped today."

Gets the job done...

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Relatively cheap to maintain."

Cons: "Back seat is a little cramped for teens."

"I have owned my 2006 Aveo LS for about 4 years. I bought it with 63,000 miles on it and now have 98,000. Other than normal stuff I have not had any problems with the car. Make sure you replace the timing belt when recommended because if that goes you are pretty much sunk. The struts gave out but at almost 100,000 I can't complain. Around town mileage is alone about 22, highway is 35+, a little disappointed around town. The car with the right tires is OK in snow and is comfortable inside. Now that my kids are teenagers we rarely travel around in the car but use our minivan. However, if you are looking for basic transportation to and from work you can't go wrong."

Never again...

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "good price, rode nice"

Cons: "broke down often, no power windows"

"I bought a 2004 Aveo, it was my first car I ever bought on my own- I was so excited! Then the trouble started. I had taken super great care of this car, then just after 80000 miles the head gasket blew which, in turn, blew out the water pump since they sit so close together. Got the car fixed and less than 2 months later, it happened again! This car was great when it ran, but in the 5 years I owned it, I put more into repairing the car than I actually paid for it. Never again will I buy an Aveo."

perfect vehicle for commuting or training kids

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"we purchased the basic level Aveo with the specific purpose of training our daughters how to drive a manual transmission vehicle and appreciate the difference between lower / upper level trim packages. We have been rewarded with an extremely reliable and fuel efficient 5 years of service. I strongly recommend this car for anyone seeking an over the top reliable fuel efficient basic transportation platform. We have had zero problems with it."

really liked the car when i bought it BUT

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

Reason: chevy defect

Pros: "was a nice little car for around town"

Cons: "repars cost more than car was worth"

"Bought car in 2012 17,000 miles used Certified Ran well first year of ownership. end of second year, during trip to North Carliona, speedometer quit working. Found that there is a defect with raditor/transmission that ruins speedo gear. total repairs would run over $2500.00, which Chevy doesn't cover. Too much for a car with an average trade in price of $3800.00; Bought a Kia and took very low trade in price, I ate the loss of the value plus repairs to get the car home to get rid of it. I figure I ate at least $3000.00 in total losses"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals