2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 728 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

Never Again

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I just recently purchased my third aveo back in May and am not planning on purchasing another one. My second one was in the shop with air conditioning problems and my most recent one is currently in the shop with the oil gasket and pump busted at 3067 miles. I thought I was getting a good deal for the price but I realize now that is worth paying a little extra to get better quality in a car. Yeah, the gas mileage was great but it wasn't a very big tank so I was filling it up quite often. I have not been a satisfied customer and will not purchase another one. It has been nothing but trouble for me."

Terrible Experience.

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"This car is one of the worst new cars I have owned. When I bought it new in 2005, I had to have various parts replaced or repaired, which was mostly warranteed. However, the time spent going back and forth to the dealer service center was extensive and annoying. The dealership had informed me that lots of the 2005 Aveos were having numerous manufacturing problems. The car was well priced, but the trouble I had to go through to maintain it really diminished the value of the vehicle in my experience. Also, the vehicle hydroplaned at very low speeds in barely wet driving conditions, regardless of the tire pressure and tread-ware. It made me very uncomfortable driving if there was rain. Despite the car being a front-wheel drive, it was horrendous in the snow. My old 1991 Ford Escort was better in the snow than the aveo. No matter the driving locations or conditions, my car never reached 27 mpg. I don't know if maybe I had a "dud," but my experience with the Aveo was stressful, expensive, and a terrible let-down. Fortunately, I was able to get a trade-in for the value of the car and purchased a Scion instead, which has great gas mileage, a better warranty, and much higher safety ratings."

Don't let first impressions fool you!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Very reliable, very affordable, plenty of power, deceptively roomy interior & trunk. We have owned our Aveo for 2 years, I have a city commute of 50 miles/day and the car has performed great with excellent gas mileage. Head/leg room for adults in front seat is great, but the backseat suffers for it. The backseat is fine for small children and/or the occasional adult passenger. There's more trunk space than you'd expect in such a tiny car. The acceleration is fine in my opinion; the car never lets me down when I need extra acceleration to pass another vehicle, etc. We have never had maintenance issues, other than the 4 new tires that were quite inexpensive because they're so small! And obviously the low gas bill is a relief. My only complaint, other than my 7 year-old outgrowing the backseat, is I wish for more console storage and adequate cupholders."

More for your money!

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have a 2006 Aveo Hatchback LT and I love it! It is fully loaded and cost me only a little over $14K, which is much less than the Honda Fit to which it is always compared to. My friends are always amazed at how much room is inside. It looks so small, but when you get in it's amazingly big. I've had the car almost exactly a year now and already have over 17K miles on it! So, you can see that I do drive it a lot!!! On the freeway I've found that 70-75 MPH will give you the best MPG. Mine's an automatic and I drove it on a 300 mile trip trying to stay around 70mph and I got 35 MPG. I really have no complaints about the car. (Except that right after I bought it, Chevy announced that all the 2007 model cars would have 5 year, 100K warranties.) I knew when I bought it that it had a small engine, as do all the cars in this segment. I bought it as a commuter car because my F150 only gets 14-16mpg... even driving my 45 mile round trip to work in stop and go traffic I get 26-28mpg in the Aveo, so it's saving me $$ every time I drive it. :-) It's fun to drive too! I have no problem recommending this car to anyone as long as they are in the market for an economical car not a sports car. Although it's fun to zip around in!"

Good value

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Weve had our '06 Aveo for about 4 months now. Great gas mileage. We have had to have the engine light repaired 2x but I think it is okay now. Does not have alot of power, but is a great commuter vehicle and gets gas mileage. The inerior is roomy, and I can fit a small stroller and groceries in the trunk at the same time. Good value for the money paid."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals