2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.2/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I purchased this car in Sept. 05 new with the employee incentive plan. Check engine light came on shortly afterwards. They replaced the gas cap. Then they replaced the neck of the gas tank. The next summer after using the A/C once, the compressor had to be replaced. Then the clock had to be replaced, and they forgot to plug back in the turn signals and hazard light switch. The little clip to hold the driver floor mat also has been replaced. Luckily these were all coverer by warrantly, but I have been many days without my car. Just worried that when the warranty runs out I won't be able to afford repairs!"

So far, quite good.

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"2005, red, 4-door sedan, 5 speed manual tranny, no AC; bought new on the employee-discount promotion for $8866. Gas mileage @ 16,000 miles over 2 years: 28.29 MPG; mostly short-trip city. I keep a continous spreadsheet on that so for this vehicle that is a completely accurate valuation. I reccommed that you replace the stock tires with a high end set of tires (of presicely the same dimensions on the stock steel wheels) immediately because the ride and handling with great tires is superb. I was able to do that for just under $600 and seeing the performance improvement, especially in high crosswind and wet driving circumstanses it is worth twice that. If you like the handling and "zippy" aspect that this car has with the tires that come on it, you'll absolutely cherish it after you upgrade your tires. I always put the most expensive tires I can find that match the vehicle sizeing specs and I always see a great improvement in ride and handling along with no flats for the life of the tires. You have to try it to belive it but a few hundred dollars spent on great tires makes a huge difference in the overall driving experience on all vehicles. With an egine so small AC is a no-no, as well as an automatic tranny. This car can rock without those unnecessary encumberances. Have not had to do anything but wash it and change the oil. Roominess is unsurpassed in the two front seats and trunk for a sub-compact. This car can't be beat for the price I paid."

not a good car

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I was involved in a accident going 28-35 MPH and had full frontal damage and air bags never deployed, my infant daughter was in car seat in back and the seat belt failed causing her to be flipped around in back seat. The latching system is hard to use. My car was totaled going at a slow speed. I am very thankful I wasnt hurt and even more thankful my daughter wasnt injured either but what if I was going faster. It may have not been as good of a outcome. Do not buy this car it is not safe!"

Great first car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"This is my first car. I am a college student so I was looking for something small, cheap, low maintenance, and good on gas. Runs like a dream, easy to handle. Cute "euro" look. My only complaint is that the acceleration to get on to the freeway or get up a hill is not the greatest. Well, what do you expect for 104 Horses? The sacrifice is well worth it when I get to the pump. LOVE IT!"

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals