2013 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,350 - $37,487.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 346 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Just what I was looking for!

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Quiet"

Cons: "A bit pricey at sticker...(negotiate)..."

"Had a 2011 Silverado with 4100 miles and was VERY disappointed. Dealer couldn't resolve my concerns so my wheels began turning... We also have a Tahoe. Loved the Tahoe and the Avalanche is built on the same chassis. Traded for the Avalanche... and it is amazing. Ride quality, transmission shift quality, etc, all are phenomenal. The Avalanche bed is just the right size and I still can haul full sheets of plywood/drywall if I need to. The 5.3 runs smooth and strong. The 6 speed transmission transitions thru the gears without jerks or noises. I have the benefits of a truck with the comfort of a SUV. Couldn't ask for more. I love the quiet and smooth. Gas mileage is OK. About 19 mixed between city/highway. Bought the LS model and it comes decently equipped. I will be adding a couple of dealer installed options soon though. Love it! Best vehicle decision I've made since we bought our Tahoe."

good vehicle but

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "reliability,great motor under hood"

Cons: "cheap,plastic interior,fading,and stripped parts"

"i have this truck for 5 years,I love how it drives(very smooth)but could have a better gearbox,also do like the midgate option,cover for back good towing capacity for what it is,it is really good for camping, drop the midgate have a great bed after throwing a blow up mattres in it.great sound system , dvd for back seat also really good,but here is the problem with this truck when u buy it brand new it is over 40.000 truck can reach up 60.000 dollar depends on your option.and u get fading on the back which is plastic u might say ok but what about the doors.this plasticy side panels fades and looks horrible after 5 years,and saying it is not a cheap truck it looks horrible,and interior,steering wheel stripping this black plastic,i finally cleaned it all and have a shiny steering wheel.all the ac unit controls are stripped,u no longer know which button is what,end lets come to cheeeaaaapppp plastic interior.i dont know how chevy manage to find this much plastic to put it everywhere.little crack because of sun front of windshield makes noise.and check under back seat,where are all tools are.i close it nicely but it is cheap plastic it comes of whenever someone gets on back seat and gets out.now i would say i dont mind fixing up engine parts or whatever,which i do have to replace fuel injection pump right after 100000 miles.or taking it for maintanance.i do clean my cars and take care of them,but after owning this truck for 5 years,it looks like truck is 20 years old because of all the fading,not the mention front right headlight is fading too.now 40 000,50 000 dollars truck should have a such a poor craftsmanship when it comes to use qualty product inside or outside on paint in that case."

My 3rd Avy & very Happy

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Versatility, Reliable, Style, & Quality"

Cons: "Discontinued. :("

"I bought one of the first ones back in 10/01 drove it 140K mi. over 9 years, traded it in on 2010 Silverado and immediately regretted it. Traded the Silverado in on 2011 Avalanche and was so glad to be back in the Avy, drove it for 13K mi. no issues at all. Heard the bad news of the Avalanche being discontinued and traded the 2011 for the 2013. The Avalanche has NEVER let me down and has always done everything I have ever asked of Truck. Excellent ride + Truck Utility + SUV + Luxury + Reliability = AVALANCHE I am very sad about GM dropping this one of a kind SUT."

absolutely love this vehicle

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride much better than most cars."

Cons: "a little on the pricy side"

"Rides great,plenty of room for passengers.I expected it to get worse fuel economy than my extended cab I traded,but it actually gets more.I enjoy the covered bed yet it is easy to take covers off when I need to.Very glad I made the decision to purchase it."

Great vehicle the poor man's Cadillac EXT

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "versatility, luxury, power, styling, standard feat"

Cons: "bed only large enough for 400 atv width is limited"

"Great vehicle my family loves taking road trips in it. Air ride suspension is awesome! Wanted a cadillac EXT couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $15000 at the time. I am sad that Chevy is discontinuing the model in 2013. I am planning to trade this one in on a 2013 model or a cadillac ext. Only vehicle I have owned that I would actually buy another of the same model. Only issue in 2 years was vibration coming from right front brake rotor under heavy braking. dealer replaced no charge."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25