2013 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,206 - $37,351.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 357 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Just what I was looking for!

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Quiet"

Cons: "A bit pricey at sticker...(negotiate)..."

"Had a 2011 Silverado with 4100 miles and was VERY disappointed. Dealer couldn't resolve my concerns so my wheels began turning... We also have a Tahoe. Loved the Tahoe and the Avalanche is built on the same chassis. Traded for the Avalanche... and it is amazing. Ride quality, transmission shift quality, etc, all are phenomenal. The Avalanche bed is just the right size and I still can haul full sheets of plywood/drywall if I need to. The 5.3 runs smooth and strong. The 6 speed transmission transitions thru the gears without jerks or noises. I have the benefits of a truck with the comfort of a SUV. Couldn't ask for more. I love the quiet and smooth. Gas mileage is OK. About 19 mixed between city/highway. Bought the LS model and it comes decently equipped. I will be adding a couple of dealer installed options soon though. Love it! Best vehicle decision I've made since we bought our Tahoe."

good vehicle but

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "reliability,great motor under hood"

Cons: "cheap,plastic interior,fading,and stripped parts"

"i have this truck for 5 years,I love how it drives(very smooth)but could have a better gearbox,also do like the midgate option,cover for back good towing capacity for what it is,it is really good for camping, drop the midgate have a great bed after throwing a blow up mattres in it.great sound system , dvd for back seat also really good,but here is the problem with this truck when u buy it brand new it is over 40.000 truck can reach up 60.000 dollar depends on your option.and u get fading on the back which is plastic u might say ok but what about the doors.this plasticy side panels fades and looks horrible after 5 years,and saying it is not a cheap truck it looks horrible,and interior,steering wheel stripping this black plastic,i finally cleaned it all and have a shiny steering wheel.all the ac unit controls are stripped,u no longer know which button is what,end lets come to cheeeaaaapppp plastic interior.i dont know how chevy manage to find this much plastic to put it everywhere.little crack because of sun front of windshield makes noise.and check under back seat,where are all tools are.i close it nicely but it is cheap plastic it comes of whenever someone gets on back seat and gets out.now i would say i dont mind fixing up engine parts or whatever,which i do have to replace fuel injection pump right after 100000 miles.or taking it for maintanance.i do clean my cars and take care of them,but after owning this truck for 5 years,it looks like truck is 20 years old because of all the fading,not the mention front right headlight is fading too.now 40 000,50 000 dollars truck should have a such a poor craftsmanship when it comes to use qualty product inside or outside on paint in that case."

Love this truck

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"Cannot for the life of me understand the reasoning behind stopping production of this vehicle. Best vehicle I ever owned."

Best riding truck ever!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Ride and looks."

Cons: "Uses oil and little things go bad."

"This is a hard one to write...this truck rides and drives so well, but little things go wrong. Chrome on door handles flake off, park assist sensors go bad, cloth seats don't hold up, engine uses oil and Chevy says it's acceptable."

watch out for the power window motors,

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "drives like a nice car, but a truck"

Cons: "window motors"

"the only problem so far, I have had to replace the power window motors on all doors and twice on the drivers door. I have been told there is talks about a recall on them, but not yet. These cost $280 for the rear and $345 for the front."

See if you qualify for