2012 Chevrolet Avalanche

9.3

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Outstanding

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Best of everything"

Cons: "No sun glasses holder - my only negative."

"Best vehicle I have ever owned!"

Gorgeous truck

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "stylish, charismatic, smooth driving"

"This truck has the most charisma of any car or truck I have owned (I have had about 15 cars or trucks). Its a beautiful vehicle to look at and drive. It is in a class of its own."

A great SUV and Truck in one!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, versatility, great options available"

Cons: "Underpowered. See changing a head light bulb above"

"After owning a 2009 Tahoe, I decided that I needed a little more versatility and space, so I traded it in on my Avalanche. Moving from the Tahoe to the Avalanche was an easy transition as the interiors are identical and with the same powertrain, it pretty much drives the same as my Tahoe did. The Avalanche handles the snow in upstate NY pretty well. I live at the top of one of the tallest hills in the area with a couple of steep inclines on the way up and it tackles them pretty well. It is a very large vehicle. Comfortable on the long hauls with gas mileage to be expected for a 6000 lb truck. I get about 20 mpg highway and 13-14 mpg around town. The one downside I find is that the truck seems under powered. The transmission is quick to find a higher gear to save gas, which adds to this. I would say this motor could stand about another 50 hp and 50 lb/ft of torque.After owning this for one year, I'm happy to report that I still love this truck. Not to say I haven't had a couple of issues. A month after I bought the truck, the truck went into a safe mode and left me limping on the side of the highway an hour from home. I had it towed to the dealership and it ended up being a sensor. I blew a wheel bearing and have had a couple of issues with the moon roof. All covered under the Certified Pre-Owned warranty. I did have to replace a bulb in one of the headlights-which turned out to be quite the process. There is no room to fit your hands behind the headlight assembly to change the bulb. The ONLY way to change a light bulb is to follow these steps: 1)remove the liner in the wheel wells 2)crawl under the vehicle to remove two bolts 3)remove six bolts above grill 4)remove the WHOLE BUMPER ASSEMBLY. 5)remove three bolts to release light assembly (one of which was hidden under the bumper) to replace bulb. Yes you have to take off the huge one piece grill/bumper to change a frickin light bulb. I don't know what engineering genius came up with this and thought it to be acceptable. He should be shot on site! Something that should be an easy fix takes over an hour. Ridiculous! The mid-gate function is awesome. Opening the back end up into the cab to haul larger items is a breeze. BUT you need two people to do it. During the summer months, I've taken the back window out and stored it behind the rear seats for some great open air driving. Overall, this truck is great and I would recommend it to anyone who asks me about it."

I love the Avalanche over any pickup truck!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "It's safe & 4-wheel drive goes anywhere."

Cons: "None."

"This is my third Avalanche. It has all the extras practically, that can be put in one & on one. Always bought used--the 2002, 2005 & my 2008. It's still in excellent condition, but I would like to get the newer Red 2013. Please Chevrolet, put the Avalanche back into production! Very dependable & best value in a truck that rides like a luxury car. Some friends of mine want mine, but I need to find the 2013 with my name on it, before I let this one go. They bought their 2005 Avalanche, new. I tell anyone who listens how much I love my Avalanche. Every owner of one has always said they love theirs, too."

Worst purchase I ever made!!!

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "None"

Cons: "A hole lot"

"After just 2 years the truck started to burn oil. When I took it to the dealer they told me there was nothing wrong, 2 days later the engine was blown. I had to fight wuth the dealer to get a new engine. If that wasen't enough, 2years later the transmission had to be replaced."

Love this truck!!

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Perfect Truck UV"

Cons: "Milage is the only con..."

"If I could afford the gas I would drive this truck exclusively. Like riding in a 4WD Cadillac. Very smooth, quiet, and comfortable with that extra level of safety and security that being in a full size vehicle gives you."

very nice truck its a pleasure to drive

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "great truck at a great price"

"great running truck it uses flex fuel great savings power everything"

great vehicle

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"I need a truck that is both luxurious and able to haul a lot of equipment. Avalanche couldn't be better. Why GM would discontinue this model is baffling to me."

i am 82 and want to buy a new one

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

"this is a great avalanche"

Best Vehicle Ive Owned

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Excellent multi-purpose vehicle"

Where I am the happiest

"I absolutely love the Avalanche and am upset that Chevy has decided to discontinue it. I use this on road and off road and it works great. I beat this truck up while up in the woods and out on the rivers fishing, hunting, backpacking. it takes the punishment and even enjoys it. Comfortable to drive on longer trips for self and family. What a GREAT Vehicle."

Where I am the happiest

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Avalanche near Honolulu. See local deals