1993 Chevrolet 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 1613 Ratings for the 1990 - 1999 models.

Best Full size truck ever!!

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Great power and always starts the first time"

Cons: "The placment of the cup holders."

"There is a reason way the 5.7 liter motor is so popular, and why so many use the GM 350 5.7 liter crate motors. Extremely powerful many add-ons, and a plethora of parts available. To my knowledge the 1998 is the last year you can get the 5.7 liter in the Silverado. This motor has been used since at least the early 60s and still very popular. Never had one engine issue. The only things that I have had to fix was the fuel pump and trans at around 200,000. I believe I could have gotten more mileage out of it, if I didn't beat it in the mud and rocks. I have owned over 20 vehicles in my life and this has to be one of my favs by far! Can never go wrong with a GM small block V8. They don't have overhead cams for better weight displacement and far greater reliability than the Ford V8 since they use the 3 timing chains that need to be replaced at 100,000 miles or when the timing chain goes it cracks the heads and bends the valves. Solid truck."

The green machine!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable and Reliable!"

Cons: "Seat in the back could be a little wider"

"We bought this truck second hand when it was less than a year old! It was the best investment we have ever done! This truck has been to every state park in Ohio with 3 grandchildren tagging along! We have loaded the green machine with all we would need for a camping trip, for a week and always had the room, even to bring the kids bikes along!She has been all the way upstate, to Maine, which the ride was very relaxing, to say the least! this truck has been a part of the raising of our grandchildren and all the fun we have had. We couldn't of done all the things we did with out our "Green Machine"! I am gonna hate the day we have to get rid of her. She has always been Dependable and very Reliable! She is 16 years old and has been the best thing we have ever done. I would absolutely buy another one!( My Grandchildren have grow and are now adults) We would love to travel out west and I wouldn't think of not going in My "Green Machine""

Best Truck Yet...

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Great Offroad, Easy to Lift"

Cons: "Rusty Cab Corners, Low MPG"

33" Tires

"Great used truck and very reliable. I have a 92 K1500 (4x4) with the 5.7L V8 and 700r4 trans. I did have to replace the trans but it was easily replaced and fairly cheap for a major breakdown. With the common 3.42 axles I average 12 city and 17 highway. 4WD does great in the mud/snow as long as the tires are in good shape. Parts are easily accessable from auto part stores or junk yards. I know many people who have these trucks and love them. Even the a/c works with the r-12 that hasn't been used in years."

33" Tires

My opinion of the truck I have is poor.

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

"The truck I have is only reliable if I drive it to work and back home, its great on gas mileage but anything other than that, it is not. This truck was traded to me for another truck already in my possession from a death in the family. I was told I could have this and could with it what I wanted. So I am looking to sell it to buy a decent looking and running car with a/c and everything working in it."

Best all around truck ever made

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE, RIDES SWEET"

"Best truck I've ever had. I call it old faithful. Over the years I had only done regular service(myself)Oil change etc. The only somewhat major repair was the fuel pump. It rides better than most cars. The 5.7 vortec has plenty of giddy-up and gets about 18 mpg on the freeway. I wish I could buy a brand new one just like it! Take a look around and you will see how many of these are still on the road"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals