• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $63,747 - $65,662.

10/7.0

8.1

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best ride ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Best Driving Car"

Cons: "CUE system can be challinging"

"After driving Cadillac cars for many years, this is a huge change. The styling is good, and the ride and handeling is outstanding. The Bose radio sound is excellent, and the fact that On Star is able to download onto the nav system is an improvement. On the down side, the trunk is small compared to the DTS, the glove box houses the CD player, so the only thing that will fit into it is a pair of gloves. The CUE system presents a learning curve, and I find that some times I have to touch the screen several times to complete a function, and it is distracting while driving. The Heads Up function is a great feature,along with the blind spot feature and back up camera. I have called Cadillac several times and have found them to be helpful and wanting to help in any way they can."

No complaints from us!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and myriad features available."

Cons: "Learning to properly use CUE can be daunting."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

"My wife and I are long retired and moved about 10 years ago to Tennessee. I have owned several DeVilles and DTSs, while my wife has preferred the STS models. In 2011 I purchased a CTS Premium coupe because I was taken by the design and in December of 2012 I bought the new XTS Luxury primarily for my wife to drive. After a year of ownership and about 9,000 miles of mostly local driving, I am completely satisfied with the car. Other than one LOF at the dealer and some initial instruction there for the CUE system we have had no problems. It is decidedly as comfortable to drive as the DTS was, the engine performs flawlessly and gets us easily and safely up and down many of Eastern Tennessee's mountain interstates. We have no complaints whatsoever."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

Excellent handling car. Touch screen not so much.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, comfortable ride, good gas mil"

Cons: "CUE is too complicated, touch screen too sensitive"

"This is my 9th Cadillac in 25years and the best engineered car Cadillac has produced with the exception of the CUE system. The CUE is too complicated to operate while driving. I've had to return it to the dealer 4 times to have the CUE system reprogrammed. Every other feature is great."

my 5th cad in a row and the greatest yet

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Great ride awesome handling, and beautifu interior"

Cons: "none for me."

"I had a 2013 xts premium and traded it in at 11500 miles for 1he 2014 platinum model. I missed the hi/ low beam headlights in the 13 and wanted the adaptive cruise control as well. the 14 platinum interior is the best I have ever seen in a cad. I was in love with the 13 driving qualities and the 14 is even better. The Cue system is great and almost all leather interior is awesome. The cost to upgrade in 1 year was worth it!!!!! The ipad came in the 13 and really helped learn the cue system. I averaged 28-29 miles per gasllon on a 1500 mile road trip to Tucson and overall about 23 mpg on regular gas. I felt the 305 hp engine was more than adequate for my needs. Regular gas is a lot cheaper than hi octane needed for the turbo version. The exterior is excellent as well. I'll never drive anything but a caddy from now on."

Worth waiting for.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Great looks! Fun to drive."

Cons: "The ride is a little too firm for me."

"This is a car that was slow in arriving due to GM's financial problems, but it finally arrived in the late summer of 2012. I have always driven Sedan DeVille's, a SeVille, and a DTS in past years about 8 in the last 25 years. I expected much from this car, and for the most part Cadillac delivered. The car offers most anything one could ask for, and a couple of things that really serve no purpose such as the "CUE" System. I'm told if you own a I Phone CUE is easy to adapt to. It takes a few days to figure it out, but you'll get it. I just think it's silly to have to go thru several touch screens just to turn the A/C on, but that's me. Most everything is controled by touch commands or voice commnands. Of course half the time you have to keep repeating voice commands, and I have perfect language skills. I can't speak for a 2014 XTS, but my 13 has a lot of minor problems that are easily corrected, but these should have been corrected in manufacturing. Oh well, you'll still love this car. Plenty of room both front and rear, and a cabin that's whisper quiet thanks to new sound insulation throughout. It's almost erie it's so quiet. Great milage in city driving...18.9. That's great for a car over 4400 lbs. I would have preferred a V8, but the V6 has adiquit power. Perfect fit and finish, and loaded with new technology."