• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,556 - $43,183.

10/7.0

8.3

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

No complaints from us!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and myriad features available."

Cons: "Learning to properly use CUE can be daunting."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

"My wife and I are long retired and moved about 10 years ago to Tennessee. I have owned several DeVilles and DTSs, while my wife has preferred the STS models. In 2011 I purchased a CTS Premium coupe because I was taken by the design and in December of 2012 I bought the new XTS Luxury primarily for my wife to drive. After a year of ownership and about 9,000 miles of mostly local driving, I am completely satisfied with the car. Other than one LOF at the dealer and some initial instruction there for the CUE system we have had no problems. It is decidedly as comfortable to drive as the DTS was, the engine performs flawlessly and gets us easily and safely up and down many of Eastern Tennessee's mountain interstates. We have no complaints whatsoever."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

Worth waiting for.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Great looks! Fun to drive."

Cons: "The ride is a little too firm for me."

"This is a car that was slow in arriving due to GM's financial problems, but it finally arrived in the late summer of 2012. I have always driven Sedan DeVille's, a SeVille, and a DTS in past years about 8 in the last 25 years. I expected much from this car, and for the most part Cadillac delivered. The car offers most anything one could ask for, and a couple of things that really serve no purpose such as the "CUE" System. I'm told if you own a I Phone CUE is easy to adapt to. It takes a few days to figure it out, but you'll get it. I just think it's silly to have to go thru several touch screens just to turn the A/C on, but that's me. Most everything is controled by touch commands or voice commnands. Of course half the time you have to keep repeating voice commands, and I have perfect language skills. I can't speak for a 2014 XTS, but my 13 has a lot of minor problems that are easily corrected, but these should have been corrected in manufacturing. Oh well, you'll still love this car. Plenty of room both front and rear, and a cabin that's whisper quiet thanks to new sound insulation throughout. It's almost erie it's so quiet. Great milage in city driving...18.9. That's great for a car over 4400 lbs. I would have preferred a V8, but the V6 has adiquit power. Perfect fit and finish, and loaded with new technology."

Cadillac is back with the XTS!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Best Value for the money"

Cons: "Pricing for the nav system on a Luxury package"

"Traded in our 2003 Deville for the XTS. We've had it for a week so far and still figuring out everything the CUE system does for creature comfort. When focusing on just driving, the ride is Caddie comfortable with the right balance of sporty when it comes to handling. The interior is well done and the ergonomics make sense. We waited for this car to come out and had test driven the Audi, BMW, and Lexus and were prepared to pay the price for those cars. After driving this and being familiar with Cadillac service and support, we knew the XTS was going home with us."

An exceptional car!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Excellent interior, finish, build quality, comfort"

Cons: "22 - 23mpg - gas mileage could be better"

"I have owned many cars over the years and I thought trading the CTS V for the ZTS was going to be a letdown. Excluding horsepower, the XTS has risen above the V's aewsomeness! It is a gorgeous car - inside and out - and is impressive from every angle. It has a ride that always feels stable and can take a corner better than most smaller cars. It rides like it ison glass and the CUE system is out of this world! I do love this car!"

Best Caddi yet and it's my 10th

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable Seats, ride, corning, looks, price CUE"

Cons: "Bigger glove box and door bins MORE POWER"

Black Raven, all black interior, light 35% tinted windows

"Car has style outside and the inside cabin is luxury beyond the competition...you have to spend thirty grand more and I still feel as if this car can compete and exceed Lexus-Benx-Bmw-etc.....for those Benz and BMW drivers the ride on those cars are harsh and they don't handle the corners any better than the XTS. I see GM is raising the price already and assume that this car will top out at 72k, I took a luxury model off the showroom floor four weeks after it came out and although I drive very little (retired) the car is smoother than limos. For those that can't get that elusive 28 MPH it's your lead foot. Mine is the same and I often find myself cruising at 85 mph.....had car on track and the car will do 160 which is where the speedometer ends, it gets tighter as you move along at those speeds and was the greatest for ride quality at normal speeds. CUE was hard to learn but once mastered you'll love it. Set your car up in park and don't try changing your settings on the road. I have never had a car that lets you turn off the reverse mirrors, or turn off the passenger reverse mirror etc to give you an idea at how many custom settings there are, from 3D Nav screen, custom interior lighting, and CUE works like an ipad. I will be getting another in two or three years which is my avg on keeping cars."

Black Raven, all black interior, light 35% tinted windows