• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,174 - $43,293.

10/7.0

8.0

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

Love this car

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

"I have had the XTS for a year and like everything about it, except the push button start/stop. {I miss having a key, just my preference}. I have read many complaints about the CUE system, but I find I have adjusted to it very well and like it. The XTS is very comfortable and easy to drive and does not feel like a large car. I would purchase another XTS."

I love this car

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, excellent finish, regular gas"

Cons: "GPS, CUE difficult to use especially while driving"

"I've owned Mercedes Benz automobiles since 1975. The first thing I noticed was this car drives, handles and rides as well if not better than any Mercedes I've ever owned. I've owned it for just over a year and I wish I had the driver assist package which wasn't available when I bought. The GPS system is mediocre mostly because whoever wrote the routing logic software can't hold a candle to the Mercedes GPS system. Position information is accurate but I have a portable GPS that uses better routing logic. GM needs to change GPS vendors or if it's built in-house they need some new talent. Bottom line by the time I equipped an E-Class Mercedes with the electronics I have in this car it would be in the mid 60K price range and the E-class is smaller than the XTS. I know, I've priced it. The fit and finish is outstanding. The weak GPS performance is the only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect score. The Engine has 304 HP and still gets 28-29 on the highway at 75. And that's on regular gas. Mercedes doesn't make an engine that uses regular. Premium or diesel is all they make. Mercedes makes fine automobiles but the XTS made me switch."

Disappointing, yes it looks good but !!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "good looking car,fair ride"

Cons: "seats, CUE, interior design,trunk space,quality"

"What a great looking ride but looks alone do not make a good car. After seven months of ownership I find this vehicle to be over priced for what you get. The seating for a full size car is uncomfortable for the front seats to down right bad in the back seats. Storage space, door pockets, center consoles-front and back-,and the glove compartment are way to small. On top of that the center console has input connectivity in it so that if you have anything in side you would have to unpack it to use the inputs. About all you can get into the glove compartment is one folded map and a menu or two. It also has a bad door design. It don't open sometimes and you have to be careful closing it making sure that both side latch. The CUE Infortainment System is cool but very unsafe, too much to think about while driving. The touch input don't work for me. You have to be very careful not to touch or you will turn something off that should be on or turn on something that you don't want on or open the little door under the screen. Having said that I do like some of the built in app's...like the "warn me if I'm driving to fast" or the "what's the speed limit here" app. Nice. I like the "little" engine but if I got to give up 2 cylinders I need better gas mileage. I get combined less then 20 mpg. When you first start up you can hear and feel a vibration coming from the engine compartment. Also when you park sometime you hear hissing sound coming from the rear of the car. Both sounds are due to the StabilTrak system and alone with cabin nose make the car feel cheap. And to make matters worse, I have a popping noise every time I turn into my drive way or hit a bump or pot hole. Dealer repair rep. says,"some noise in particular body twist is normal" This is my first Cadilac but not my first GM vehicle. I have had 4 new GM vehicle over the last 37 years and have had nothing but problems with all of them. Hence my disappointment with Cadillac . I was thinking I was getting the best money could buy,...turned out I got another cheap car."

Disappointing, yes it looks good but !!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "good looking car,fair ride"

Cons: "seats, CUE, interior design,trunk space,quality"

cadillac has hit a home run

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "gas cover doesnt lock"

"Great car. Roomey, quiet, handels and respondes well, smooth comfortable ride. CUE system is terrific, bells and whistles that are functional and easy to use. Advanced safety features. Huge trunk. The best car I ever owned."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next