• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,224 - $43,807.

10/7.0

8.3

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

my 5th cad in a row and the greatest yet

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Great ride awesome handling, and beautifu interior"

Cons: "none for me."

"I had a 2013 xts premium and traded it in at 11500 miles for 1he 2014 platinum model. I missed the hi/ low beam headlights in the 13 and wanted the adaptive cruise control as well. the 14 platinum interior is the best I have ever seen in a cad. I was in love with the 13 driving qualities and the 14 is even better. The Cue system is great and almost all leather interior is awesome. The cost to upgrade in 1 year was worth it!!!!! The ipad came in the 13 and really helped learn the cue system. I averaged 28-29 miles per gasllon on a 1500 mile road trip to Tucson and overall about 23 mpg on regular gas. I felt the 305 hp engine was more than adequate for my needs. Regular gas is a lot cheaper than hi octane needed for the turbo version. The exterior is excellent as well. I'll never drive anything but a caddy from now on."

This is an excellent all American sedan!

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "An American Beauty and Very Elegant."

Cons: "The base 3.6L Engine is a bit underpowered"

"This is an excellent sedan. I meet allot of people and without question they all say how impressed they are with car. The car is elegant, rides high and you can be proud of the made in America (OK Canada) factor. And it rides and looks like a Cadillac should! Leave the foreigners behind, this is your car America."

great driving car!

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Lots of value for the money. Great riding."

Cons: "Sunroof has been replaced 3 times."

"The Cadillac XTS is a wonderful car in every way. But I have had more warranty work done on this car in the 18 months that I've owned it than on any other GM car since 1997. Just little things but irritating because it has had to go into the dealership so many times and for lengthy periods."

This is the smoothes car I every had.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"For the price and value the Cadillac XTS can't be beat. The ride is very comfortable. It have very good handling response. The speed is very responsive when I need it. Long road trip are easy going no road noise. The CUE display is top notch. I am very glad I brought this car"

Disappointing, yes it looks good but !!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "good looking car,fair ride"

Cons: "seats, CUE, interior design,trunk space,quality"

"What a great looking ride but looks alone do not make a good car. After seven months of ownership I find this vehicle to be over priced for what you get. The seating for a full size car is uncomfortable for the front seats to down right bad in the back seats. Storage space, door pockets, center consoles-front and back-,and the glove compartment are way to small. On top of that the center console has input connectivity in it so that if you have anything in side you would have to unpack it to use the inputs. About all you can get into the glove compartment is one folded map and a menu or two. It also has a bad door design. It don't open sometimes and you have to be careful closing it making sure that both side latch. The CUE Infortainment System is cool but very unsafe, too much to think about while driving. The touch input don't work for me. You have to be very careful not to touch or you will turn something off that should be on or turn on something that you don't want on or open the little door under the screen. Having said that I do like some of the built in app's...like the "warn me if I'm driving to fast" or the "what's the speed limit here" app. Nice. I like the "little" engine but if I got to give up 2 cylinders I need better gas mileage. I get combined less then 20 mpg. When you first start up you can hear and feel a vibration coming from the engine compartment. Also when you park sometime you hear hissing sound coming from the rear of the car. Both sounds are due to the StabilTrak system and alone with cabin nose make the car feel cheap. And to make matters worse, I have a popping noise every time I turn into my drive way or hit a bump or pot hole. Dealer repair rep. says,"some noise in particular body twist is normal" This is my first Cadilac but not my first GM vehicle. I have had 4 new GM vehicle over the last 37 years and have had nothing but problems with all of them. Hence my disappointment with Cadillac . I was thinking I was getting the best money could buy,...turned out I got another cheap car."