2014 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,293 - $42,944.

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Think twice before buying a 2013 XTS

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great design, perfect fit and finish."

Cons: "Plan on a lot of time with dealer service!"

"I had great expectations waiting for the introduction of the new XTS. I owned 7 other new Cadillacs and they were all great cars. I ordered a Luxury upgrade and took delivery in August of 2012. Almost from the start there were little but anoying problems. I wasn't overly concerend and expected a few minor adjustments. Those little anoying things just didn't go away, and continued to grow, and most could not be resolved. My dealer has been doing their very best, and I have no complaints...but one problem is fixed, and another starts, and then the first problem returns. Just for one problem alone it took 8 visits to the dealer before cadillac Engineers got involved and came up with a solution. This car has been in for repairs more than the previous 7 Cadillac's combined! The latest problem is the suspension that has a harsh ride that has to be dealt with. This car just turned 9000 miles a week ago. It now legally qualifies as a lemon car and I may have to go to arbitration as a last resort. I've never had a car like this that is riddled with problems. I spent over $50,000 for a car that should have never left the factory. In fairness I'm told the 2014's don't have these problems."

Best ride ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Best Driving Car"

Cons: "CUE system can be challinging"

"After driving Cadillac cars for many years, this is a huge change. The styling is good, and the ride and handeling is outstanding. The Bose radio sound is excellent, and the fact that On Star is able to download onto the nav system is an improvement. On the down side, the trunk is small compared to the DTS, the glove box houses the CD player, so the only thing that will fit into it is a pair of gloves. The CUE system presents a learning curve, and I find that some times I have to touch the screen several times to complete a function, and it is distracting while driving. The Heads Up function is a great feature,along with the blind spot feature and back up camera. I have called Cadillac several times and have found them to be helpful and wanting to help in any way they can."

Worth the wait.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, and a new driving experience."

Cons: "Good thing I live near the dealer for service!"

"I've owned a lot of new Cadillacs over the years, and most if not all were great cars. Prior to the XTS I owned a DTS and loved it. The XTS was supposed to replace the DTS in 2010, but because of GM's near bankruptcy, it was put on the back shelf. It finally arrived in showrooms in July of 2012 and I was one of the first in the State to order the Luxury version. It showed up the end of August and I loved the ride home after delivery. The CUE system took a couple of days to learn, and you will too. Now after a year I can objectivly describe the good and the bad. In my opinion the CUE system is very redundant to do simple tasks such as turning on the A/C. Before all one did to turn on was turn the A.C knob, and it was on. With CUE you have to go thru 3 different screens to accomplish this once easy task. Half the time voice commands have to be repeated over and over, and I have a very clear and distinct voice. Generally it's a pain. The city MPG is excellent...right around the 19 MPG with normal stop and go driving. Sadly the car has been back to the dealer more times than I can remember for little problems. The dealer is really good, and doing their best with Cadillac updates. I guess that goes with a brand new model. I don't know if the 2014's have the same problems. I stll like the car, but it is frustrating after spending almost $50,000 plus tax that I spend so much time at the dealer that I almost feel like I should be on their payroll."

A great car. Even better than I expected.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, driver assist features"

Cons: "Could use more power"

"I delayed my purchase of the XTS until December when Platinum models with the driver assist package became available. What I got was worth the wait. I've been very pleased with the car. I had no problem getting familiar with the CUE features. The Ipad that came with the car was very helpful in learning how to use the CUE. Practically all of my driving is on city streets with very little on expressways, so I've had trouble reaching the mileage estimates cited by Cadillac. The only problem I've experienced is that the glove box door sticks from time to time. I expect this is something the dealer can fix when I take the car in for service."

Excellent handling car. Touch screen not so much.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, comfortable ride, good gas mil"

Cons: "CUE is too complicated, touch screen too sensitive"

"This is my 9th Cadillac in 25years and the best engineered car Cadillac has produced with the exception of the CUE system. The CUE is too complicated to operate while driving. I've had to return it to the dealer 4 times to have the CUE system reprogrammed. Every other feature is great."