2014 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,293 - $42,944.

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Cadillac is back with the XTS!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Best Value for the money"

Cons: "Pricing for the nav system on a Luxury package"

"Traded in our 2003 Deville for the XTS. We've had it for a week so far and still figuring out everything the CUE system does for creature comfort. When focusing on just driving, the ride is Caddie comfortable with the right balance of sporty when it comes to handling. The interior is well done and the ergonomics make sense. We waited for this car to come out and had test driven the Audi, BMW, and Lexus and were prepared to pay the price for those cars. After driving this and being familiar with Cadillac service and support, we knew the XTS was going home with us."

An exceptional car!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Excellent interior, finish, build quality, comfort"

Cons: "22 - 23mpg - gas mileage could be better"

"I have owned many cars over the years and I thought trading the CTS V for the ZTS was going to be a letdown. Excluding horsepower, the XTS has risen above the V's aewsomeness! It is a gorgeous car - inside and out - and is impressive from every angle. It has a ride that always feels stable and can take a corner better than most smaller cars. It rides like it ison glass and the CUE system is out of this world! I do love this car!"

Best Caddi yet and it's my 10th

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable Seats, ride, corning, looks, price CUE"

Cons: "Bigger glove box and door bins MORE POWER"

Black Raven, all black interior, light 35% tinted windows

"Car has style outside and the inside cabin is luxury beyond the competition...you have to spend thirty grand more and I still feel as if this car can compete and exceed Lexus-Benx-Bmw-etc.....for those Benz and BMW drivers the ride on those cars are harsh and they don't handle the corners any better than the XTS. I see GM is raising the price already and assume that this car will top out at 72k, I took a luxury model off the showroom floor four weeks after it came out and although I drive very little (retired) the car is smoother than limos. For those that can't get that elusive 28 MPH it's your lead foot. Mine is the same and I often find myself cruising at 85 mph.....had car on track and the car will do 160 which is where the speedometer ends, it gets tighter as you move along at those speeds and was the greatest for ride quality at normal speeds. CUE was hard to learn but once mastered you'll love it. Set your car up in park and don't try changing your settings on the road. I have never had a car that lets you turn off the reverse mirrors, or turn off the passenger reverse mirror etc to give you an idea at how many custom settings there are, from 3D Nav screen, custom interior lighting, and CUE works like an ipad. I will be getting another in two or three years which is my avg on keeping cars."

Black Raven, all black interior, light 35% tinted windows

Stylish & Fully Loaded with Technology

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Stylish Interior, Fully Loaded with Tech"

Cons: "Fuel Economy could be better"

"* Stylish Interior * Lots of leg space * Fully loaded with technology * Comfort Ride * I am getting 18 MPG currently. Could have been better?"

XTS Platinum Edition

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "Exterior and interior styling Heads Up Display"

Cons: "Lack of power CUE needs refinement"

"The CUE system is harder to master than anticipated especially when driving. The XTS is underpowered and definitely needs 50 to 75 more horsepower perhaps as an option. The exterior and interior styling is beautiful and the ride is exceptional. I have owned the car for 5 months and have 4000 miles on it."

WOW! What a fantastic vehicle

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Space, Room, Versatility, Sexy, Big in your face"

Cons: "You'll feel guilty making others jealous"

"Alright, let me start off by saying that if you are in search of a large luxury sedan stop looking and go to your nearest Cadillac dealer. This car is amazing. From the super gorgeous interior to all the tech gadgets. As a software engineer, the technology in this car is what vehicles in 2050 would be like. Kudos to Cadillac on being on top of their game all around. As for as large as the XTS is, it handles really really well. Yes, I've driven all sorts of imports and generics. You must give this car a glance in person and/or test drive. Did I mention that the CUE entertainment system is superb! And the bottom half of the center console flips up for a secret hideaway and USB input! The XTS is a super family sedan for the modern family that expects nothing less than exceptional."

No complaints from us!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and myriad features available."

Cons: "Learning to properly use CUE can be daunting."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

"My wife and I are long retired and moved about 10 years ago to Tennessee. I have owned several DeVilles and DTSs, while my wife has preferred the STS models. In 2011 I purchased a CTS Premium coupe because I was taken by the design and in December of 2012 I bought the new XTS Luxury primarily for my wife to drive. After a year of ownership and about 9,000 miles of mostly local driving, I am completely satisfied with the car. Other than one LOF at the dealer and some initial instruction there for the CUE system we have had no problems. It is decidedly as comfortable to drive as the DTS was, the engine performs flawlessly and gets us easily and safely up and down many of Eastern Tennessee's mountain interstates. We have no complaints whatsoever."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

Worth waiting for

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "A Gorgeous Car That Turns Heads!"

Cons: "Would have preferred a V8"

"Having been a regular Cadillac owner over the last 25 years, I waited patiently for this car to go into production after it was promised for the summer of 2010. Well that didn't happen until the summer of 2012, but it was worth the wait. I took deliver in late August, and the wait was worth it. Having owned this car for 6 months now, and the novelty has worn off, and I love this car more than ever! I ordered the "Luxury" upgrade which I strongly suggest. The ride is firm, but comfortable. There's plenty of leg and headroom. The engine delivers in two ways, it gets you up and going as you drive, and the mileage is excellent for this size car...averaging 18.9 MPG in stop and go city driving. That's real world MPG. I don't floor it, but I don't baby it either. The CUE System takes some getting used to, but after several days you'll find it interesting and reasonably easy to navigate. The Bose sound system is good, but the voice commands still don't work any better today than they did on the previous 4 Cadillacs I have owned with this feature. About 50% of the time you have to repeat a command over, and I have excellent language skills. The fit and finish is as good as it gets, and you will find yourself wishing you had some place to go when it's parked in your garage as it's such a joy to drive. Cadillac really got it right with this model. Would I change anything about the car if I could? Maybe a little bigger engine, but I suspect cadillac does that intentionally so they have something better to offer a couple of years from now. The existing 304 HP gets the job done, but I'm still a V8 guy and would love to see a small block 8 offered in the future."

I love this car

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, excellent finish, regular gas"

Cons: "GPS, CUE difficult to use especially while driving"

"I've owned Mercedes Benz automobiles since 1975. The first thing I noticed was this car drives, handles and rides as well if not better than any Mercedes I've ever owned. I've owned it for just over a year and I wish I had the driver assist package which wasn't available when I bought. The GPS system is mediocre mostly because whoever wrote the routing logic software can't hold a candle to the Mercedes GPS system. Position information is accurate but I have a portable GPS that uses better routing logic. GM needs to change GPS vendors or if it's built in-house they need some new talent. Bottom line by the time I equipped an E-Class Mercedes with the electronics I have in this car it would be in the mid 60K price range and the E-class is smaller than the XTS. I know, I've priced it. The fit and finish is outstanding. The weak GPS performance is the only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect score. The Engine has 304 HP and still gets 28-29 on the highway at 75. And that's on regular gas. Mercedes doesn't make an engine that uses regular. Premium or diesel is all they make. Mercedes makes fine automobiles but the XTS made me switch."

My 7th New Cadillac and the best ever!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Love the Interior & tech gadgets, head up display"

Cons: "I miss the chrome fender vents like cts had"

"I have a 2013 XTS platinum in white diamond. This is my 7th Cadillac and traded in a 2008 Cadillac Cts which I thought it could not get any better. I was wrong this car With changeable dash to 4 settings and suede interior roof and leather dash is the most beautiful interior I have ever seen. No car on the road is this beautiful including rolls Royce and bentley. My sister is manager at top Mercedes. Dealership and Mercedes do not have this quality interior. She and her boss both drive Escalades. Mercedes are way over priced and very expensive to service. I have had no problems at all. I get more compliments on this car than any other Cadillacs I have owned plus 2 corvettes. I like the distinction driving a Cadillac with the razor sharp LEDs front and back lites. BMW and Lexus, Audi all look the same to me. Go drive all other vehicles you are interested In then go drive the Cadillac and I guarantee you will be driving the Cadillac home. Don't listen to expert reviews they are bias, go judge for yourself and see."