• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $40,360 - $41,781.

10/7.1

7.8

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great looking and impressive interior.

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"Enjoying this vehicle very much. Cadillac service has been outstanding"

No complaints from us!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and myriad features available."

Cons: "Learning to properly use CUE can be daunting."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

"My wife and I are long retired and moved about 10 years ago to Tennessee. I have owned several DeVilles and DTSs, while my wife has preferred the STS models. In 2011 I purchased a CTS Premium coupe because I was taken by the design and in December of 2012 I bought the new XTS Luxury primarily for my wife to drive. After a year of ownership and about 9,000 miles of mostly local driving, I am completely satisfied with the car. Other than one LOF at the dealer and some initial instruction there for the CUE system we have had no problems. It is decidedly as comfortable to drive as the DTS was, the engine performs flawlessly and gets us easily and safely up and down many of Eastern Tennessee's mountain interstates. We have no complaints whatsoever."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

Think twice before buying a 2013 XTS

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great design, perfect fit and finish."

Cons: "Plan on a lot of time with dealer service!"

"I had great expectations waiting for the introduction of the new XTS. I owned 7 other new Cadillacs and they were all great cars. I ordered a Luxury upgrade and took delivery in August of 2012. Almost from the start there were little but anoying problems. I wasn't overly concerend and expected a few minor adjustments. Those little anoying things just didn't go away, and continued to grow, and most could not be resolved. My dealer has been doing their very best, and I have no complaints...but one problem is fixed, and another starts, and then the first problem returns. Just for one problem alone it took 8 visits to the dealer before cadillac Engineers got involved and came up with a solution. This car has been in for repairs more than the previous 7 Cadillac's combined! The latest problem is the suspension that has a harsh ride that has to be dealt with. This car just turned 9000 miles a week ago. It now legally qualifies as a lemon car and I may have to go to arbitration as a last resort. I've never had a car like this that is riddled with problems. I spent over $50,000 for a car that should have never left the factory. In fairness I'm told the 2014's don't have these problems."

Worth the wait.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, and a new driving experience."

Cons: "Good thing I live near the dealer for service!"

"I've owned a lot of new Cadillacs over the years, and most if not all were great cars. Prior to the XTS I owned a DTS and loved it. The XTS was supposed to replace the DTS in 2010, but because of GM's near bankruptcy, it was put on the back shelf. It finally arrived in showrooms in July of 2012 and I was one of the first in the State to order the Luxury version. It showed up the end of August and I loved the ride home after delivery. The CUE system took a couple of days to learn, and you will too. Now after a year I can objectivly describe the good and the bad. In my opinion the CUE system is very redundant to do simple tasks such as turning on the A/C. Before all one did to turn on was turn the A.C knob, and it was on. With CUE you have to go thru 3 different screens to accomplish this once easy task. Half the time voice commands have to be repeated over and over, and I have a very clear and distinct voice. Generally it's a pain. The city MPG is excellent...right around the 19 MPG with normal stop and go driving. Sadly the car has been back to the dealer more times than I can remember for little problems. The dealer is really good, and doing their best with Cadillac updates. I guess that goes with a brand new model. I don't know if the 2014's have the same problems. I stll like the car, but it is frustrating after spending almost $50,000 plus tax that I spend so much time at the dealer that I almost feel like I should be on their payroll."

Excellent handling car. Touch screen not so much.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, comfortable ride, good gas mil"

Cons: "CUE is too complicated, touch screen too sensitive"

"This is my 9th Cadillac in 25years and the best engineered car Cadillac has produced with the exception of the CUE system. The CUE is too complicated to operate while driving. I've had to return it to the dealer 4 times to have the CUE system reprogrammed. Every other feature is great."