• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Cadillac XTS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $40,360 - $41,781.

10/7.1

7.8

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

great driving car!

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Lots of value for the money. Great riding."

Cons: "Sunroof has been replaced 3 times."

"The Cadillac XTS is a wonderful car in every way. But I have had more warranty work done on this car in the 18 months that I've owned it than on any other GM car since 1997. Just little things but irritating because it has had to go into the dealership so many times and for lengthy periods."

Great car, thousands less than the competition!

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "The 2013 model didn't offer a rear DVD"

"Great look, unlike that of Mercedes & BMW which look dated and staid. The V-6 has more than enough power and the fuel mileage is decent. The car drives smooth quiet and predictable. The CUE system has a short learning curve and works well despite what the writers say. Their's plenty of legroom in the back to seat six footers comfortably. The trunk is quite large and the rear seats are 60/40 split fold down. This car is full of standard equipment that would otherwise be options on the European makes. Cadillac is back and in a big way, I think the boys on the continent are getting pretty nervous, and with good reason!"

Fine American engineering and Canadian assembly

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, AWD, ride, and excellent fuel mileage"

Cons: "None to date"

"This is my sixteenth Cadillac over a period of 47 years during which time I have also owned other fine cars including six Lincolns and one Jaguar XJ8. This particular car with its many amenities and performance is as fine as any I have owned."

so far I rate this vehicle as excellent

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride,great to drive,handles great"

"I had always wanted to own a Cadillac so I filled out my wish list and submitted it on line and this one was less than 50 miles from home and had all the extras I wanted even the color was what I asked for. I went and looked and drove it and then I bought it. Two recalls later the wife and I still love it !!"

Cons: "Very unreliable GM engineering and customer servic"

"My Cousin bought an XTS on Feb.14 and it has been in the garage back and forth two times for a check engine light . After the dealer checking with GM engineering they put a new air box and several modules on the exhaust . We went to pick it up yesterday ,and when he got in to take it home again ,the light was on again . Dealer got a call from GM and they said their hands are in the air ,and it has to higher ,but mean time my cousin paid almost $50k for an unreliable car and no one knows how to fix it . Pretty Sad to say the least from Cadillac ."

Cons: "Very unreliable GM engineering and customer servic"

My 7th New Cadillac and the best ever!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Love the Interior & tech gadgets, head up display"

Cons: "I miss the chrome fender vents like cts had"

"I have a 2013 XTS platinum in white diamond. This is my 7th Cadillac and traded in a 2008 Cadillac Cts which I thought it could not get any better. I was wrong this car With changeable dash to 4 settings and suede interior roof and leather dash is the most beautiful interior I have ever seen. No car on the road is this beautiful including rolls Royce and bentley. My sister is manager at top Mercedes. Dealership and Mercedes do not have this quality interior. She and her boss both drive Escalades. Mercedes are way over priced and very expensive to service. I have had no problems at all. I get more compliments on this car than any other Cadillacs I have owned plus 2 corvettes. I like the distinction driving a Cadillac with the razor sharp LEDs front and back lites. BMW and Lexus, Audi all look the same to me. Go drive all other vehicles you are interested In then go drive the Cadillac and I guarantee you will be driving the Cadillac home. Don't listen to expert reviews they are bias, go judge for yourself and see."

Car is nice, CUE clock is of no value.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Car is comfortable, easy to drive."

Cons: "Clock a big disappointment."

"The clock is of no value. The clocks are unreliable when crossing from one time zone to another along with the time of arrival. Cadillac says this is a Normal Characteristic. This is shown to be for Buicks, Chevrolets, GMCs, etc. Attempts to correct this problem by the dealer has been unsuccessful. If you buy a GM vehicle with the CUE system, you better have a watch with you if you want to know the correct time."

Avoid the 20013 XTS...it's riddled with problems!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Great looking, and loaded with features."

Cons: "Those new features are very troublesome!"

"A great looking car with a lot of needless technology. Constant ongoing problems from the first day. Nothing serious, but never ending annoying problems that just couldn't be resolved as the dealer did their best trying to stay on top of the many things that just didn't work right. It got to the point that Cadillac agreed to buy the car back and put me in a brand new 2014 which has none of the former problems. I was warned about buying a first year production of a completely new car. I should have listened!"

Great looking and impressive interior.

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"Enjoying this vehicle very much. Cadillac service has been outstanding"

No complaints from us!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and myriad features available."

Cons: "Learning to properly use CUE can be daunting."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

"My wife and I are long retired and moved about 10 years ago to Tennessee. I have owned several DeVilles and DTSs, while my wife has preferred the STS models. In 2011 I purchased a CTS Premium coupe because I was taken by the design and in December of 2012 I bought the new XTS Luxury primarily for my wife to drive. After a year of ownership and about 9,000 miles of mostly local driving, I am completely satisfied with the car. Other than one LOF at the dealer and some initial instruction there for the CUE system we have had no problems. It is decidedly as comfortable to drive as the DTS was, the engine performs flawlessly and gets us easily and safely up and down many of Eastern Tennessee's mountain interstates. We have no complaints whatsoever."

2013 Sapphire Blue Luxury XTS

Think twice before buying a 2013 XTS

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great design, perfect fit and finish."

Cons: "Plan on a lot of time with dealer service!"

"I had great expectations waiting for the introduction of the new XTS. I owned 7 other new Cadillacs and they were all great cars. I ordered a Luxury upgrade and took delivery in August of 2012. Almost from the start there were little but anoying problems. I wasn't overly concerend and expected a few minor adjustments. Those little anoying things just didn't go away, and continued to grow, and most could not be resolved. My dealer has been doing their very best, and I have no complaints...but one problem is fixed, and another starts, and then the first problem returns. Just for one problem alone it took 8 visits to the dealer before cadillac Engineers got involved and came up with a solution. This car has been in for repairs more than the previous 7 Cadillac's combined! The latest problem is the suspension that has a harsh ride that has to be dealt with. This car just turned 9000 miles a week ago. It now legally qualifies as a lemon car and I may have to go to arbitration as a last resort. I've never had a car like this that is riddled with problems. I spent over $50,000 for a car that should have never left the factory. In fairness I'm told the 2014's don't have these problems."

Worth the wait.

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, and a new driving experience."

Cons: "Good thing I live near the dealer for service!"

"I've owned a lot of new Cadillacs over the years, and most if not all were great cars. Prior to the XTS I owned a DTS and loved it. The XTS was supposed to replace the DTS in 2010, but because of GM's near bankruptcy, it was put on the back shelf. It finally arrived in showrooms in July of 2012 and I was one of the first in the State to order the Luxury version. It showed up the end of August and I loved the ride home after delivery. The CUE system took a couple of days to learn, and you will too. Now after a year I can objectivly describe the good and the bad. In my opinion the CUE system is very redundant to do simple tasks such as turning on the A/C. Before all one did to turn on was turn the A.C knob, and it was on. With CUE you have to go thru 3 different screens to accomplish this once easy task. Half the time voice commands have to be repeated over and over, and I have a very clear and distinct voice. Generally it's a pain. The city MPG is excellent...right around the 19 MPG with normal stop and go driving. Sadly the car has been back to the dealer more times than I can remember for little problems. The dealer is really good, and doing their best with Cadillac updates. I guess that goes with a brand new model. I don't know if the 2014's have the same problems. I stll like the car, but it is frustrating after spending almost $50,000 plus tax that I spend so much time at the dealer that I almost feel like I should be on their payroll."

Excellent handling car. Touch screen not so much.

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, comfortable ride, good gas mil"

Cons: "CUE is too complicated, touch screen too sensitive"

"This is my 9th Cadillac in 25years and the best engineered car Cadillac has produced with the exception of the CUE system. The CUE is too complicated to operate while driving. I've had to return it to the dealer 4 times to have the CUE system reprogrammed. Every other feature is great."

Worth waiting for.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Great looks! Fun to drive."

Cons: "The ride is a little too firm for me."

"This is a car that was slow in arriving due to GM's financial problems, but it finally arrived in the late summer of 2012. I have always driven Sedan DeVille's, a SeVille, and a DTS in past years about 8 in the last 25 years. I expected much from this car, and for the most part Cadillac delivered. The car offers most anything one could ask for, and a couple of things that really serve no purpose such as the "CUE" System. I'm told if you own a I Phone CUE is easy to adapt to. It takes a few days to figure it out, but you'll get it. I just think it's silly to have to go thru several touch screens just to turn the A/C on, but that's me. Most everything is controled by touch commands or voice commnands. Of course half the time you have to keep repeating voice commands, and I have perfect language skills. I can't speak for a 2014 XTS, but my 13 has a lot of minor problems that are easily corrected, but these should have been corrected in manufacturing. Oh well, you'll still love this car. Plenty of room both front and rear, and a cabin that's whisper quiet thanks to new sound insulation throughout. It's almost erie it's so quiet. Great milage in city driving...18.9. That's great for a car over 4400 lbs. I would have preferred a V8, but the V6 has adiquit power. Perfect fit and finish, and loaded with new technology."

my 5th cad in a row and the greatest yet

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Great ride awesome handling, and beautifu interior"

Cons: "none for me."

"I had a 2013 xts premium and traded it in at 11500 miles for 1he 2014 platinum model. I missed the hi/ low beam headlights in the 13 and wanted the adaptive cruise control as well. the 14 platinum interior is the best I have ever seen in a cad. I was in love with the 13 driving qualities and the 14 is even better. The Cue system is great and almost all leather interior is awesome. The cost to upgrade in 1 year was worth it!!!!! The ipad came in the 13 and really helped learn the cue system. I averaged 28-29 miles per gasllon on a 1500 mile road trip to Tucson and overall about 23 mpg on regular gas. I felt the 305 hp engine was more than adequate for my needs. Regular gas is a lot cheaper than hi octane needed for the turbo version. The exterior is excellent as well. I'll never drive anything but a caddy from now on."

Love this car

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

"I have had the XTS for a year and like everything about it, except the push button start/stop. {I miss having a key, just my preference}. I have read many complaints about the CUE system, but I find I have adjusted to it very well and like it. The XTS is very comfortable and easy to drive and does not feel like a large car. I would purchase another XTS."

I love this car

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, excellent finish, regular gas"

Cons: "GPS, CUE difficult to use especially while driving"

"I've owned Mercedes Benz automobiles since 1975. The first thing I noticed was this car drives, handles and rides as well if not better than any Mercedes I've ever owned. I've owned it for just over a year and I wish I had the driver assist package which wasn't available when I bought. The GPS system is mediocre mostly because whoever wrote the routing logic software can't hold a candle to the Mercedes GPS system. Position information is accurate but I have a portable GPS that uses better routing logic. GM needs to change GPS vendors or if it's built in-house they need some new talent. Bottom line by the time I equipped an E-Class Mercedes with the electronics I have in this car it would be in the mid 60K price range and the E-class is smaller than the XTS. I know, I've priced it. The fit and finish is outstanding. The weak GPS performance is the only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect score. The Engine has 304 HP and still gets 28-29 on the highway at 75. And that's on regular gas. Mercedes doesn't make an engine that uses regular. Premium or diesel is all they make. Mercedes makes fine automobiles but the XTS made me switch."

Disappointing, yes it looks good but !!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "good looking car,fair ride"

Cons: "seats, CUE, interior design,trunk space,quality"

"What a great looking ride but looks alone do not make a good car. After seven months of ownership I find this vehicle to be over priced for what you get. The seating for a full size car is uncomfortable for the front seats to down right bad in the back seats. Storage space, door pockets, center consoles-front and back-,and the glove compartment are way to small. On top of that the center console has input connectivity in it so that if you have anything in side you would have to unpack it to use the inputs. About all you can get into the glove compartment is one folded map and a menu or two. It also has a bad door design. It don't open sometimes and you have to be careful closing it making sure that both side latch. The CUE Infortainment System is cool but very unsafe, too much to think about while driving. The touch input don't work for me. You have to be very careful not to touch or you will turn something off that should be on or turn on something that you don't want on or open the little door under the screen. Having said that I do like some of the built in app's...like the "warn me if I'm driving to fast" or the "what's the speed limit here" app. Nice. I like the "little" engine but if I got to give up 2 cylinders I need better gas mileage. I get combined less then 20 mpg. When you first start up you can hear and feel a vibration coming from the engine compartment. Also when you park sometime you hear hissing sound coming from the rear of the car. Both sounds are due to the StabilTrak system and alone with cabin nose make the car feel cheap. And to make matters worse, I have a popping noise every time I turn into my drive way or hit a bump or pot hole. Dealer repair rep. says,"some noise in particular body twist is normal" This is my first Cadilac but not my first GM vehicle. I have had 4 new GM vehicle over the last 37 years and have had nothing but problems with all of them. Hence my disappointment with Cadillac . I was thinking I was getting the best money could buy,...turned out I got another cheap car."

Disappointing, yes it looks good but !!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "good looking car,fair ride"

Cons: "seats, CUE, interior design,trunk space,quality"

cadillac has hit a home run

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "gas cover doesnt lock"

"Great car. Roomey, quiet, handels and respondes well, smooth comfortable ride. CUE system is terrific, bells and whistles that are functional and easy to use. Advanced safety features. Huge trunk. The best car I ever owned."

A great car. Even better than I expected.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, driver assist features"

Cons: "Could use more power"

"I delayed my purchase of the XTS until December when Platinum models with the driver assist package became available. What I got was worth the wait. I've been very pleased with the car. I had no problem getting familiar with the CUE features. The Ipad that came with the car was very helpful in learning how to use the CUE. Practically all of my driving is on city streets with very little on expressways, so I've had trouble reaching the mileage estimates cited by Cadillac. The only problem I've experienced is that the glove box door sticks from time to time. I expect this is something the dealer can fix when I take the car in for service."

Best ride ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Best Driving Car"

Cons: "CUE system can be challinging"

"After driving Cadillac cars for many years, this is a huge change. The styling is good, and the ride and handeling is outstanding. The Bose radio sound is excellent, and the fact that On Star is able to download onto the nav system is an improvement. On the down side, the trunk is small compared to the DTS, the glove box houses the CD player, so the only thing that will fit into it is a pair of gloves. The CUE system presents a learning curve, and I find that some times I have to touch the screen several times to complete a function, and it is distracting while driving. The Heads Up function is a great feature,along with the blind spot feature and back up camera. I have called Cadillac several times and have found them to be helpful and wanting to help in any way they can."

Worth waiting for

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "A Gorgeous Car That Turns Heads!"

Cons: "Would have preferred a V8"

"Having been a regular Cadillac owner over the last 25 years, I waited patiently for this car to go into production after it was promised for the summer of 2010. Well that didn't happen until the summer of 2012, but it was worth the wait. I took deliver in late August, and the wait was worth it. Having owned this car for 6 months now, and the novelty has worn off, and I love this car more than ever! I ordered the "Luxury" upgrade which I strongly suggest. The ride is firm, but comfortable. There's plenty of leg and headroom. The engine delivers in two ways, it gets you up and going as you drive, and the mileage is excellent for this size car...averaging 18.9 MPG in stop and go city driving. That's real world MPG. I don't floor it, but I don't baby it either. The CUE System takes some getting used to, but after several days you'll find it interesting and reasonably easy to navigate. The Bose sound system is good, but the voice commands still don't work any better today than they did on the previous 4 Cadillacs I have owned with this feature. About 50% of the time you have to repeat a command over, and I have excellent language skills. The fit and finish is as good as it gets, and you will find yourself wishing you had some place to go when it's parked in your garage as it's such a joy to drive. Cadillac really got it right with this model. Would I change anything about the car if I could? Maybe a little bigger engine, but I suspect cadillac does that intentionally so they have something better to offer a couple of years from now. The existing 304 HP gets the job done, but I'm still a V8 guy and would love to see a small block 8 offered in the future."