• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Cadillac XLR

9.4

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

AWESOME VEHICLE

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I read the other reviews on KBB before I purchased this car last week. Other reviewers had the same comparisons I did which were the Corvette and the SL 500. I owned a 2004 Commemorative Convertible C5 earlier this year. I chose that model since I wanted an all tan interior because in my opinion, the black dash and black steering wheel looked so cheap. I agree with another reviewer in that the C5 has great styling and performance but the interior compares to a Firebird or Camero which isn't saying much. The C5 convertible had significant road noise with the top up since it is a ragtop, not a coupe with less sound insulation, it is low to the ground and because the tires are so big. After driving the XLR, there is absolutely no comparison between the two cars. The performance, handling and interior finish of the XLR is far superior. I am not a motor head by any means but this the finest driving car I have ever owned. I also liked the 2003+ SL 500 since it has more interior cabin storage and a sweeping dash layout. However, exterior wise, in my opinion, the SL 500 doesn't hold a candle to the XLR. I never drove this car but others say the XLR has a better ride and pick up. Others complained about the price of the XLR (which is why I don't buy new cars). I felt fortunate to purchase a 2005 XLR with 21K miles in 12/08 with a GM warranty until 6/09 on ebay for $27,500. It was a seaonal Florida car in pristine condition. I am extremely happy with this vehicle. My only minor complaint is that I wish the drivers seat reclined a bit more."

Bought Oct. 1, 2003

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"AC is great, seats cool great, navigation accurate, shifting works great, because it holds the rpms right whereever you want...for as long as you want. Carbon Fiber fluid in shocks adjust instantly as promised. I have 32000 miles and put the XLR to the test...every day! It is an awesome vehicle. It holds over 12 double-bagged paper bags with the top up...so grocery shopping is no problem. It is also pretty quiet with the top up. The sound system is second to none...especially with the top down. The looks I recieve are from every age! My wife did not want me to buy a corvette, but she loved my decesion to by the XLR. It's refined. I'm looking forward to the next edition that I hope equals the corvette ZO7 output, plus takes on the original evoq look...taking the XLR to the next level! The only complaints I have is the time it takes to put up the top and the fact the you must be in park. Second, you must be in park to enter in an address for the navigation...even if your passanger enters it! Lastly, the wind blows your hair everywhere with the top down. It is a mess all the time...even if you put up the windows with the top down. I noticed the designers had little hair...so for them it did not matter...beleive IT DOES...for men and women with hair. The speakerphone works poorly...which is really a problem because your required to speak through the speakers whether making a call or speaking to OnStar staff...It is a BIG issue, because confernece calls are part of almost every journey in the XLR. Cadillac, please make these changes...otherwise the XLR is awesome. P.S. Would love to be able to put golf clubs in trunk with top down...just need an extra 14 inches...MAKE IT SO! Thanks"

Hot Wheels

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Even though this car was introduced in 2004, it still looks fresh today. After almost a year of ownership of a 2008 Alpine Edition, I simply have nothing bad to say. Great mileage 27-29 highway, 0-defects, head turning style, quality parts, great audio, stunning performance. Although it shares many mechanical components of a Corvette, it just feels different. More elegant, more substantial and impressive. Contrary to the 2 Corvettes I have owned in the past, the XLR doesn't get boring or start to feel cheap and rattled. Hard to believe that they come from the same factory. I would highly recommend this car, but hammer the dealer price to get a real value."

American Exotic?

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"If you're shopping for a performance sports car in this price range, this is one you might overlook. I hope not because it is a fabulous car. I tell everyone its like a Corvette that's been to all the right stores. My only reservation on it after two years is long term reliability because of all the electronics, but I haven't had any problems. It's fast, good looking, handles well, and rides so much better than a 'Vette without the shoddy interior."

MY MOST FAVORITE CAR

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "fun driving. comfortable, fast, good sound,"

Cons: "little space. gas mileage when driving aggressive"

"I am 6 foot 6 and I fit in this car well and comfortably even for long carrides. I consistently got 24 miles per gallon when I wasnt trying to show off with it. It moves so well and it is fun to drive so you tend to want to work it out a bit. This car didnt get it's fair shake and I for one would love another one but now with family I need a little more space. This car is my favorite over my past BMW or Mercedes and its too bad they stopped making them."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac XLR near Honolulu. See local deals