2013 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

hate the imformation syster set up!

By on Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "LOUSY DASH SET UP!"

"NO KNOBS, you have to stop to do anything on the touch screen dash, don't hit the exact spot, hidden storage door opens, C/D comes out, impossible to get right fan speed for air unless you pull over! Next SUV the sister , GMC ARCADIA, they have Knobs for radio and air!"

Great vehicle! One of my favorite cars ever owned

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and looks great!"

Cons: "Wide support beam on each side of windshield."

"I have had a lot of cars and this is one of my all-time favorites. I bought it new and have never regretted the decision. It drives and handles great, has plenty of power and is comfortable. The only con about the vehicle is the wide support beam on each side of the windshield, which can create a blind spot if you are not aware of it. I've had no problems with any of the mechanics or electrical functions and plan to drive it for several more years."

1st yr out, lots of picky things.

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Been in the shop too many times for a Cadillac. Problem still not fixed. Bearings replaced on front, inside electronics eat up battery because "shift to park" light won't go off when car is shut down. Very dissappointed in service and car."

Absolutely love this car

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "CUE, driver safety package"

Cons: "Not enough rear passenger room"

"This car is amazing. Driver safety package is awesome. CUE is great and easy to use. Plenty of leg room, love the extra large sun roof. Smooth ride, with plenty of cargo space. Only downside is not enough rear passenger leg room."

Great look and drive but with many flaws!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great exterior and interior, great drive"

Cons: "electrical problems, etc..."

"I own a 2010 SRX which was purchased new. This vehicle fails in comparison to other Cadillacs I have owned (Escalade and CTS-V). The SRX is beautiful on the exterior and interior and has a very comfortable ride. I will be trading this in the next few weeks as it will soon be out of warranty. I have had numerous electrical problems and other problems, such as the rear hatch opening on its own and not closing back (this has happened 3 times now), the air conditioner blowing out heat wide open and would not turn off, the rear DVD screens have now had to be replaced twice due to overheating and turning brown from overheating. The vehicle is currently having to be repainted (under warranty) due to the paint peeling on the hood and bumper. I am very disappointed in Caddilac with this vehicle and would not recommend."

2010 SRX4 Performance Package

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

Pros: "Attractive redesign, Handling"

Cons: "Repairs, Visibility"

"We bought my wife the 2010 SRX4 AWD with the performance package. We've had it for over a year now and have put approximately 12k miles on it. POSITIVES: *Attractive exterior/interior redesign. We are in our late 20's and wouldn't have considered the previous model's station wagon look. *Fair amount of storage for a smaller vehicle. *Impressive handling, especially in the snow and on ice. *Active HID lights are great. NEGATIVES: *Shop visits for warranty repairs... (a) 3x to fix trunk that would open on it's own (b) Additional 3x to fix clock issue that resulted from trunk repair. Total of 6 dealership visits within 2 months, after the 2nd the dealership would p/u and d/o car and leave us with a loaner. NOTE: A lot of the visits could have been eliminated but the dealer insisted that the problems were related to software updates, ended up needing the computer chip replaced for each problem. *Poor visibility looking into oncoming traffic. *Can't get cooled seats as a stand alone option. *Gas mpg is fair. We avg approx 16-17 mpg for everyday driving which is mainly on back roads in the suburbs. We avg approx 21 mpg for highway driving."

Fast and Functional!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Well suited to most any adventure or task"

Cons: "Should have come with radar detector"

"I am a former CTS-V owner, yes, the one with 556 HP. My biggest concern was sacrificing speed, luxury and handling that I had come to enjoy, in order to get the room and function of an SUV. This crossover is truly both! Mine is the AWD Performance model and I have had zero issues with the transmission, even when pulling a low-boy trailer. Smooth and responsive is how I would describe my experience. The SRX has wonderful suspension and hugs the road much like a sportier car. The multiple options for configuring the rear, are very convenient for my work as a designer, for those trips to costco or for taking the large dog to the park (recommend the heavy duty pet cargo net accessory). This car is great looking - especially with the chrome upgrade wheels and the panoramic sunroof gives me the feeling of a convertible (without the bad hair). This car is a great value and I would encourage you to give a test drive."

So far so good

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I am only giving the 2011 Cadillac SRX 4 Stars because I havent had it a week yet. Thus far I like the vehicle, I purchased the Luxury FWD model. So far the vehicle is really user friendly, has a great ride.. There are some parts of the interior that look like leather but arent and I don't think Cadillac should have skimped on that. But for all of the features you can't beat the price. I also looked at the Infinity FX35, BMW X3 and the Acura MDX and Cadillac seemed to be the best buy. I havent driven American in years and this is my journey back, so I truly hope Cadillac doesnt dissapoint me. I like the warranty and the free maintenance service."

Owner

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"If you want a sedan but find them to hard to get into then this is the car for you. All the style of a sedan with room for us big guys. Back-up camera system the best on the market. Buy"

Excellent

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality and looks"

Cons: "Need extra 50 horse being turbo"

"little tough on gas since it is turbo and have to use premium gas, but it delivers smooth acceleration specially over 70 mph. Almost everything is covered under warranty. My cost to maintain is near zero out of my pocket. Unless you got lemon this car is built solid."

tight sporty comfortable luxury crossover

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "super price , very fun to drive with all safety fe"

Cons: "they dont make ventshades for it"

"awsome trouble free car with great cutting edge styling well thought out interior fun to drive and haul kids and shopping at same time great in snow not bad on gas awd 6cyl"

Not recommended

By on Friday, March 11, 2016

Pros: "enjoyable driving experience"

Cons: "Interior cramped and hard to get into, bad mpg"

"Though the SRX performs nicely, very sturdy solidly built giving one the sense of safety. However, fuel economy is poor for this type of vehicle. Access is very poor but comfortable seating once you get seated, if you can live with the lack of space. The CUE system is not easy to use, and we are having intermittent issues with the screen blacking out. For the price there are better options out there."

Very Good Crossover

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Just got the 2011 SRX. Have been very impressed with it's features such as rear lift gate, remote start, keyless ignition etc. And something that Cadillac offered this year is full maintenance for four years. Did a lot of shopping before getting this car and am very happy with the choice."

Herky-Jerky Transmission

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, responsive, stunning appearance."

Cons: "Transmission is a disaster."

"This is a very stylish, very comfortable crossover. Unfortunately, the transmission can't figure out which gear it belongs in, and acceleration from a stop is often unpleasantly jerky. It's a good thing the car has a 5/100 power train warranty, because I'm convinced the transmission will fail long before the warranty lapses. For this reason alone, I would have purchased a Lexus RX if I could turn back the clock. I'm disappointed Cadillac. Are you listening?"

its ok but not great

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "poor mechanical quality"

"terrible transmission. shifts hard, and has locked up on me then the dealer took a week to fix due to parts availability. rough ride ! tire pressure indicator installed backwards, says rear tire is low when in fact its the front tire."

Great Looking vehicle but not very comfortable.

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pros: "Great styling"

Cons: "Very uncomfortable seats for a car in this price point. Parking Assist not available on base models"

"I have 3 complaints with this vehicle which my wife bought new 6 months ago. 1. The seats (especially the passenger seat) are very hard and very uncomfortable. To the point that can only ride for about an hour. My daughter just bought a new Chevy Equinox and it's seats are far superior to the SRX. 2. Hard to belive that a cadillac doesn't include power seats as standard (passenger seat is manual). 3. Also would expect parking assist to be standard or at least optional on the base model."

For single folks

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Drives great! Looks good and love the navigation"

Cons: "Small interior, no spare tire (must buy option),"

"Drives great, looks good but short on rear seat space and value after purchase drops like a ton of bricks! Had this car for 6 months and needed to trade in for a larger size. Rear seat was to small to fit my kid and a passenger comfortable like you would expect a caddy to be. Lost $8,000 on the trade in, lol. If your single, go for it. Not a family car or a buyer. Lease, lease lease. Oh, and don't forget the $500 spare kit tire you need to buy unless you want to get towed like me."

Very pleased with 2012 SRX . Super vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Unique styling like no other.., Great features.."

Cons: "Like to see gas mileage improve, but uses regular."

"I purchased a new 2012 Cadillac SRX back in March after spending six months or so looking at Acura, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Infinity and even the Chevy Tahoe. I eliminated Mercedes and Acura early on due to their seemingly "bland" offerings then eliminated the rest soon after including the BMW X3 and X5 that are nice vehicles and fun to drive, but price and future maintenance costs were quite disturbing to me. The SRX has very stylish looks, drives much nicer than the Lexus RX350 I used to have and I haven't had one thing go wrong with this beauty. I constantly get "wow like" comments from passers by in the parking lot and...., the price is right. Go drive one. I think you may be pleasantly surprised what you get for your money. A real winner. Two thumbs up Cadillac!"

Love my SRX...

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

"It would be better if it had more HP, but it rides and handles great. The clearcoat finish seems too soft it shows scratches easily. If my car was totaled tody, I would buy another SRX."

Transmission shifts hard up and down

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Styling, Ride, Interior design"

Cons: "MPG and shifting tran."

"First Caddy new. Transmission shifts hard up and down. MPG rated highway at 25, I'm getting 23. Like everything else about the car. Like the free oil changes etc. for the first 4 yrs."

I rarely keep a car over 1 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "I get lots of looks while driving it."

"This one will be with me for several years. The styling, fit and finish are fantastic, good mileage, drives great, handles like a dream, just love it. People go out of their way to compliment me on it Great looking vehicle. I owned an Acadia prior to this Caddy, and as far as I am concerned, there is no comparison. Two of my friends want me to contact them when and if I decide to trade it in, as they would like to buy it"

Grossly Disappointed

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I have been driving foreign vehicles for 20 years. Mostly Honda and Acura. With gas prices, I wanted to stay in a luxury vehicle, but find something that accepted regular gas. Lincoln and Chrysler were out of the question. Lincoln was gawdy and Chrysler had nothing to offer. GM had Cadillac and the SRX Crossover looked sharp. The fit and finish also looked like GM was doing much better. The SRX was loaded with creature comforts and the engine sounded hot. The exhaust was "throaty." My deepest regret was not driving it more before buying it. The vehicle is totally underpowered. there is no real acceleration. The vehicle looks fast but is slow off the line or whenever you attempt to pass. The transmission constantly downshifts. It's a "dog." If you want looks, the SRX is your best choice by an American manufacturer. If you want performance, stay away from the SRX! The engineer who designed and powered this vehile should be shot. This one is on its way to Carmax! As I said, grossly disappointed."

very good

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Owned 6month, 9500 miles. Ride & comfort are very good, instrument panel is laid out nicely. Door lock location is poor. The primary complaint I have is transmission shifting into sport mode so easily. They should have put a detente or lockout edge. Red gearshift selector light, should be any other color but red. I constantly do a double take thinking a danger light is on. I travel many small winding roads and enjoy handling of car. Transmission shifts hard during modest acceleration. My previous vehicle was a 2007 Acadia, I prefer SRX. Gas mileage is better than expected."

Great looking, comfortable and economical.

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

"I've had this car for close to two years and I love everything about it except for a few minor things. One, the radio comes on when you put the navigation system on and you have to turn it down if you don't want to listen to it. Turning it off turns off the nav system. The other is that the pop-up screen for the back-up camera sometimes takes its sweet time popping up. I've had to wait about 5 seconds for the stupid thing. The 3.0 liter engine has sufficient power for me and the 6 speed automatic shifts flawlessly and, you don't need to change the transmission oil every 30,000 miles like you do with a CTV tranny. It also runs on regular gas. My overall fuel economy according to the on-board computer is 18.4 MPG over the time I've had it. That's on par with my previous vehicles, a Toyota Sienna and Nissan Murano. It rides well and is almost as agile as the Murano but the seats are very firm. My wife complains about their hardness. All in all, this vehicle ranks among the best I've had and I would recommend it to all of you who drive sanely. If you're cruising the NJ toll roads between toll booths, it may not have the get-up-and-go you'll need. But if you're in small town America, this is the car for you."

The perfect little SUV!

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pros: "Gorgeous, comfortable, great size"

Cons: "Gas mileage is so-so, wish it had a turbo"

"I was looking for a perfect size SUV/Crossover for a while. SRX was the winner. Beautiful design inside and outside. Very comfortable yet compact. Packed with technology that is well-thought and unintrusive. Really wish there was a hybrid version or at least turbo-charged engine option. Love it otherwise!"